Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Gym in Kilkenny?

Options
  • 07-01-2007 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hello,

I've just moved to Kilkenny and decided that I need to join a gym as I over-indulged over the Christmas.

Is anybody here a member of a gym that you can recommend.

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I used to be a member in Hotel Kilkenny Gym - only ever really used the pool but found the whole setup lovely there. Not a member anywhere now, though I have used the Newpark gym too which is older and much smaller.
    Go to each of them (ormonde hotel, river court etc.) and ask for a free trial so you can better see for yourself what suits you (pool or not? etc.).
    I'd start at hotel kk anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Some of the work crowd talk very highly of the Springhill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JimmyK

Thanks for the info.

I'll have a look around those places you pointed out.

I was walking around on Saturday and called into the Euro Gym near the Ormonde hotel.

I thought it was a bit pricey...490 Euro for a year and 370 Euro for 6 Months.
    Is this the going rate?

I'm sorry if I seem out of touch with the prices but I'm just settling back into life in Ireland again.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The Ormonde's own gym is about 600 for the year :eek:
    Although they do have a pool, still pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Springhill do deals for certain employees in the town, and so do some other gyms so ask around and see if you qualify for a discount. I was going to join Springhill before christmas (€350 for the year) but I've heard some dodgy things about the place, so I'm not so sure now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Hotel Kilkenny is €725 for the year and can be paid in 3 monthly instalments, Still the best GYM in Kilkenny IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JimmyK

Thanks for that, much appreciated

Advertisement