Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If David Ervine dies - impact on north?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

hmmm, britain under blair help out in peace process because they have people who see themselves as british. what about the other side, oh shock horror paisley there are people who consider themselves as irish, gee paisley is it ok if our representatives come to tea to represent the other side?

No Britain helps out because technically N.Ireland is part of the U.K. But I Irelands right to partake in N.Irelands future is for another thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Nobody here is justifying what DI did in the past, just praising his hard work in trying to bring his community into the peace process. Unfortunately, many politicians in the North are tainted with terrorism in varying degrees, whether as former terrorists, those who have had dialogue with them or those who have used them (or their threat) for their own political means. I guess the most important thing is how much people are now willing to move forward and to me, DI was one of those people so RIP.
    Wonder If an IRA guy was caught with a car bomb
    trying to murder innocent people then year's later died ye would be sorry?..

Only Hugh Smyth now AFAIK..?

how many councillors do they have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

In fairness walrus, you've answered your own question.

Unionist N.I citizens have as much right to consider themselves British as others have to consider themselves Irish.

Paisley is just an extremely unpleasant version of a valid political viewpoint held by many people in the north.

Anyway as Zambia said, this is for another thread.

oh shock horror paisley there are people who consider themselves as irish, gee paisley is it ok if our representatives come to tea to represent the other side?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

oh ye ur right lads i agree with ye, anyway this is a thread to di,

as for paisley i went on a rant, sorry, was being sarcastic about paisley on my view, but i will leave it to myself, particularily on this thread.

incidently, say in a few weeks would it be possible to statrt up a thread on basis of irish involvement in the peace process:a yes or no debate. and if it gets ridiculous and biggot, by all means close it. would people of all communities contribute in an objective and non secterian manner. at least we may get some understanding of each sides view points.

Advertisement