Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pirate Radio in Dublin

Options
  • 07-01-2007 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

There are a few Pirate Radio stations in Dublin at the moment, just want to know who's your favorite? I work for Spirit FM, having trouble getting back on air because the band is so conjested.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Radio has gotten so shíte I stopped listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

i like fun fm a lot of the time, they play shít sometimes but you can usually hear some good electronic or dance tracks. Radio Na Life play good drum and bass and dance at night time, also good hip hop depending on what night it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I didn't even know there were still pirate stations in Dublin.

Frequencies, if yer allowed please.

Fun=101.3fm
    Radio Na Life= 106.4fm

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Raidió na Life is a licensed 'community of interest' station.

I've never understood pirates though.

If I was going to go through the effort and risk of setting up a pirate station I'd make sure I had something to say.... just doing it to play a bunch of music seems pretty unimaginative.

• Advertisement

it's not just music, it's the type of music they play, and that in itself does the talking. there's no radio station out there for people who don't like pop music or news, phantom has some good music but there's only so much up-and-coming alternative rock bands from Canada that one can take!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭strychnine

Its not the music they play its the crap they talk in between the songs. Every "show" is the exact same with one loser texting in to get another one to read out his name on air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

Yup, and a text poll (30c per vote) every hour

neither of the stations above do anything like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Pulse FM- TECHNO TECHNO TECHNO :D You gotta love the shout outs "shout out to Doyler and Kevo in St. Pats, Rachel and the girls chewin out in Finglas"

yup yup yup.

Theyve a fairly decent rap hour on Sundays at 9pm. Anyone know any other decent hip hop hours? iirc the Irish station had a class one on Friday afternoons way back, classic stuff the whole way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement