Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf 94 TDI & VRT Issue on 05 Passat

Options
  • 08-01-2007 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

Basically have to get rid of the car this week. Lucky enough to have a 2005 passat estate highline 130 tdi sitting outside to replace it.

My questions are:

If my mate who wants to take said car does not take it in time I was thinking of scrapping it, still a lot of life in it at only 100k. Is the scrappage value terrible and what do they base it on and where can you get a good yard in either louth or north dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Guvnor wrote:
    Hi Lads,

Basically have to get rid of the car this week. Lucky enough to have a 2005 passat estate highline 130 tdi sitting outside to replace it.

My questions are:

If my mate who wants to take said car does not take it in time I was thinking of scrapping it, still a lot of life in it at only 100k. Is the scrappage value terrible and what do they base it on and where can you get a good yard in either louth or north dublin?

Most scrap yards these days charge you taking a car off your hands afaik. Might be worth putting it up on http://www.adverts.ie. You never know someone might be interested in it for a few quid if there is life left in it. At worst they may take it off your hands for spares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Cheers mate, did put up it up on adverts.ie.

Advertisement