Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect Guitar To Pc

Options
  • 08-01-2007 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

I have just got Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3.
    I can add drum samples/loops and all those other things straight away.

My problem is that when i connect the guitar to the pc through the microphone jack....i get nothing. I have an adapter jack, so my 1/4" guitar jack goes into the pc's 1/8" input jack.

I have tried to put it through the cd in jack in the sound card, but still nothing. My pc is fairly new from Dell. Dual core chips 2GB ram etc.

The sound card is Sigma Tel Audio....i don't know much about sound card, buy i am sure it's good enough.

Do i plug the guitar lead into the jack in the guitar and then the other end into the pc....or do i need something else.

I have gone into the sound setting in the Control Panel in Windows but still nothing gives me guitar audio in my pc? What am i doing wrong????

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Thanks,
    Darren.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Sigma Tel eh? Hit record in Cakewalk with the recording source as the mic in and play on the guitar. Then stop recording and see if it's recorded anything. I've a Sigma Tel in my laptop and I can't hear what I'm recording.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Quick response man.

Yes i have tried that......the track shows a recording but no sound.

Do you think this is a compatability problem??

When you say a recording, is the audio there or is it just an empty track? Have you selected the mic as the recording option in Windows?

Think so....but just in case where in windows do i do that.

Looks like a track in cakewalk....but when i play it back there is no sound.

Start - Control Panel - Sounds and Audio - Advanced - Options (whatever the menu option in the mixer is) - advanced - click Recording - click ok then select the mic channel. I think that's it anyway. Not running Windows at the mo.

• Advertisement

Thanks....I re-installed the drivers and as by magic.....sound.

Thanks a lot for your time and advice.

Darren.
    :):):):):):):):)

Advertisement