Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent house/accommodation for large party?

Options
  • 08-01-2007 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Sorry this isnt an offer or invitation! I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible. Like a place down the country that can accommodate for 20/30 people that you could rent for a weekend? Obviously it'd have to be somewhere reasonably secluded so as it'd wouldn't be shut down after half an hour! Has anyone ever rented a house or holiday home for this purpose and been successful?? :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

www.dreamireland.com

or

www.thh.ie

is what you are looking for:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Moved to Accommodation/Property. Hopefully this is the right place for such a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭*Simone*

thanks chilly but they seem more for like a respectable family looking for a quiet retreat! Im more looking for somewhere suitable for a semi-mad 21st party! But I'll continue to look into it...

take it from me, i have had more than semi mad parties in houses from both of their companys...it was great craic!! but i know what you mean...they do give the impression of a family holiday type place.

And how big were these 'semi-mad' parties?? I came across one place in kerry, seems isolated enough and said it sleeps upto 18 (which is code for yeah you could sleep about 30) and its a grand for one week... pricey.

• Advertisement

well the last one we went to was orranmore,we rented 2 houses, it says sleeps 12 per house, we had 29 lol.

we rented 2 apartments in kilkee over the summer, they slept 12(for the 2 apartments) and we had around 16......just dont wrecked the gaff and it will turn out a great weekend!!

What we did was had all the parties in one house/apartment and kept one nice and clean to sleep/chill in! worked a treat!!

any other questions ill be happy 2 help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭slick

Try this for a venue..it's big and expensive but can hold a great party!
    The only thing is they don't allow animals on the premises nor guests who are under 18 years of age..(according to the owners solicitor!)http://www.tourismresources.ie/cht/lug/WLUG1.GIF

Hah are you takin the piss??! That is a castle, inhabitted by Lords and Ladys, and by the looks of it would cost many a pieces of silver .

well the last one we went to was orranmore,we rented 2 houses, it says sleeps 12 per house, we had 29 lol.

Do you mean Aranmore, as in the biggest of the aran islands off clare?? That would be an interesting party venue! The native irish speakers wouldn'tknow whats hit them!

lol no, i meant Orranmore in Galway!!

but i did happen to stay in Arranmore off the coast of Donegal in August....:D

• Advertisement

ye that luggala castle sounds alright......
    Rent, including staff, is in the region of €30,000 a week.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

So, obviously that was a joke... a sick sick joke!!

Nah I think Ive gone off the whole idea! Too much stress and organising, I think I'll just look to 'My Super Sweet 16' on MTV for inspiration... :p

Advertisement