Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage heater repair

Options
  • 08-01-2007 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The booster fan heater part of my storage heater is making a very disturbing noise at the moment.

Does anyone know who could fix it? Should I call an electrician? Is there such a thing as a 'storage heater repair man'?

Thanks,

Kevin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Had a problem with my storage heater before and got intouch with the manufactures - there was a 5 year guarentee with mine - is yours older than that? Broke down to somthing like 1 year parts and labour and 5 years parts - was gonna cost 200 bucks to get him do a service ...ended up takign it apart and finding instructions on the net to fix - saved a few bob and it worked!

Hi,

The booster fan heater part of my storage heater is making a very disturbing noise at the moment.

Does anyone know who could fix it? Should I call an electrician? Is there such a thing as a 'storage heater repair man'?

Thanks,

Kevin.
    Disconnect from the supply then, have a quick look inside it could be as simple as a piece of debris in the fan, give it a quick clean with a vacuum cleaner while your there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Ah cheers folks.. I'll see if I can figure out how to take the front off and give it a clean.

It's only about 2 and a half years old so it shouldn't have given up the ghost just yet!

Advertisement