Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

RasTa wrote: »
    You won't get top 4 and they will want to bring a 'big' name manager in. It's inevitable that if Hughes doesn't get 4th he is gone.

I wouldn't say it's 'inevitable'. Sure up until last week he was the bookies favourite to be first for the chop!

Maybe if we don't get top 6. If we finish 5th I can see him staying definitely. I will most certainly be supporting him if that's the case.

As for not getting top 4, it's not overly likely to happen but we certainly have nothing to fear from Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

oh the arrogance of new money.

Xavi-City wont finish 4th this season, and yes you have things to fear from both Liverpool and Arsenal-one little soft brazilian, who is there for all the wrong reasons will not push you from 8th or where ever it was you finished last year, to 4th.

And i would imagine its a safe bet to say Hughes would be sacked if and when he doesnt get 4th, they have stated their immediate aim is to get 4th and then challenge for the "trophy" next year.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    oh the arrogance of new money.

Xavi-City wont finish 4th this season, and yes you have things to fear from both Liverpool and Arsenal-one little soft brazilian, who is there for all the wrong reasons will not push you from 8th or where ever it was you finished last year, to 4th.

You're 100% correct. It's the one little soft Brazilian plus Kompany, plus Zabaleta, plus SWP that will push us up there.

Liverpool minus Gerrard and Torres are nothing more than a top ten squad imo.
    And i would imagine its a safe bet to say Hughes would be sacked if and when he doesnt get 4th, they have stated their immediate aim is to get 4th and then challenge for the "trophy" next year.

They have also stated their immediate intent to sign Ronaldo, Fabregas, Torres et al. Will that happen? Of course not. It's a statement of intent and there won't be instant success. Top 6 will do for this year then next season we go for the top 4.

as for Kompany,wright phillips et all, you seem to be forgetting that you're not the only team to have strenghtened.
    Xavi6 wrote: »

well thank god we have them then?!:confused:
    this is such a ****ing silly point remove the two best players from any team and they would be in trouble.
    They have also stated their immediate intent to sign Ronaldo, Fabregas, Torres et al. Will that happen? Of course not. It's a statement of intent and there won't be instant success. Top 6 will do for this year then next season we go for the top 4.

fair enough, but i'd expect them to sack him if they dont finish top 4 from the noises they are making.
    I think you wanna believe the best about your club, which is fair enough.
    but remember last year, i pm'd you asking about rumours of sven being in trouble,you said it was total bs that he wasnt going anywhere, thaksin was willing to be patient and build success etc.
    well, we know wat happened there and you were 100% behind Sven with a "save sven" sig and all, until he was sacked, then you felt it was definately the right decision. ever think about supporting Newcastle?:eek::P:D i expect the same thing to happen again with Hughes if they dont get top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah dear me the money is going to Xavis head alright - So there wiould be no place for Masch, Agger, Skrtle, Reina etc at Citeh these days eh?;)

Funny quote from Noel Gallagher (sorry if this is old news)
    . It'll be nice to know that every gallon of petrol a Manchester United fan buys is going into our transfer kitty."

Mike

mike65 wrote: »
    Ah dear me the money is going to Xavis head alright - So there wiould be no place for Masch, Agger, Skrtle, Reina etc at Citeh these days eh?;)

Funny quote from Noel Gallagher (sorry if this is old news)

Mike

LOL what a quote from Noel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

NOEL is a legend, I laughed at that, he is possibly the only thing that could make me like city fans, sod Liam he is a tosspot.

I just realised I am posting in a the City thread what has the world come to. :)

Any Liverpool fans I have been talking to feel really uneasy about the takeover.They have the most to lose.

• Advertisement

Any Liverpool fans I have been talking to feel really uneasy about the takeover.They have the most to lose.
    Why say that?

You forget this is their year , they have nothing to worry about :).

as for Kompany,wright phillips et all, you seem to be forgetting that you're not the only team to have strenghtened.

Have Liverpool REALLY strengthened to that extent? Dossena, Riera and Degan aren't exactly world class. N'Gog is too young to be anything other thana back up at this stage. The new Pongolle?

And as for Keane.....

well thank god we have them then?!:confused:
    this is such a ****ing silly point remove the two best players from any team and they would be in trouble.

Take Terry and Lampard away from Chelsea and Ronaldo and Rio away from United and they would still comfortably finish in the top 4. I can't say the same about Liverpool, hence my point about them being not a lot to fear in comparison.
    fair enough, but i'd expect them to sack him if they dont finish top 4 from the noises they are making.
    I think you wanna believe the best about your club, which is fair enough.
    but remember last year, i pm'd you asking about rumours of sven being in trouble,you said it was total bs that he wasnt going anywhere, thaksin was willing to be patient and build success etc.
    well, we know wat happened there and you were 100% behind Sven with a "save sven" sig and all, until he was sacked, then you felt it was definately the right decision. ever think about supporting Newcastle?:eek::P:D i expect the same thing to happen again with Hughes if they dont get top 4.

Of course I supported Sven, he had us in the top 4 at Christmas!

In the end a decision was made and me moaning about it afterwards was going to do nothing. You move on, and we have. I will support Hughes until we either don't perform at all (like in the second half of last season) or until the powers that be get rid.
    mike65 wrote: »

The only one I'd really want would be Mascherano

I'd take Hart over Reina tbh. As I've said, he'll be England's number one this time next year if he keeps going.

I'd have Dunne and Richards over Agger and Skrtel.

Sure while we're at it -

Robinho > Babel

Petrov > Riera

Zabaleta > Arbeloa

Elano > Benayoun

SWP > Kuyt/Pennant

Jo > Keane

I'm quite happy with our crop of players

so lets get this straight xavi, you think City will finish ahead of Liverpool this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

torres and gerard are the 2 reasons why liverpool will probably finish above city. city may buy big in Jan though.

so lets get this straight xavi, you think City will finish ahead of Liverpool this season?

I think we have the ability to challenge, particularly once January arrives. If we are top 6 by January 1 then I'd say we'd be able to do it.

And it's not that far fetched a possibility. We were top 4 at the halfway point last year with a squad that was lighter than the current one. We faded due to lack of depth. Can't see that being as big a problem this year.

If it doesn't happen this year then I'd be confident enough of it happening next season, especially if Liverpool don't sort out their ownership.

ah well, we'll see. i wouldnt hold my breath if i was you though xavi.

I also find it funny how people always pick us out as the weak link despite finishing comfortably ahead of Arsenal 2 or the last 3 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Comfortably finishing ahead of Arsenal 3 years ago, finishing ahead of them on goal difference 2 years ago, and comfortably finishing behind them last year. Dunno about this year though, Arse seem to have gone backwards.

I don't think city will get 4th this year, bit too soon for that maybe. Next year it's probable with the £500m they're going to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I heard Man city are linked with ronaldo as he is a free now. Would man city fans want him? He looks way over weight from pics I have seen of him!

Ronaldo_1167542.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think its nuts to think that City won't be challenging for the top 4 next season. Whether they achieve it is up to Hughes and the players he brings in.
    IMO Robinho is there for 2 years at most, unless City actually start challenging for the league (which I can't see them doing that quickly)

It will take him probably a year to start to show his true ability in the league. That said, he is undoubtably as good as Gerrard, Torres, Rooney, Tevez (probably not Ronaldo or Fabregas, but they are special) The guy is an amazing player. He alone can make the difference between 2-3 league places.

That said, Xavi is right, if City are ahead of any of the top 4 at Christmas, they can spend huge huge huge money in January to get to that extra level.

However what I suspect will happen, City will be in top 8 land until Christmas, Hughes being a reasonable manager will bring in top top top quality foreign players making a v. v. impressive first 11, hoping that the 6 months will allow them to settle. Then in the summer he'll bring in more squad players. Then by the start of next year, he'll be able for them to challenge fourth.

I think currently you over-estimate how good certain City players are. In defence, they are leagues behind the top 3 at least, and Liverpool have very good centre of defence [with the fullbacks yet to be known]
    Top 4 challenges are built on defence, attack comes after. Just as Spurs.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/09/04/Prem-Elano-on-Robinho/
    Robinho, our motor - Elano

by Laurent Picard, 04 September 2008

Manchester City attacker Elano is delighted to see fellow Brazilian Robinho join his team and has set his sights on winning the Premier League title in the future.

The arrival of a new owner - Dr Suleiman Al Fahim - and a new star signing make City fans dream of a bright future, and Elano shares the same vision.

The 27-year-old played alongside Robinho at Santos for three seasons and they won the Brazilian league together in 2002.

“We [Manchester City] were a good team, but he [Robinho] is going to boost us and help us fight with the top teams in The Premier League,” Elano told reporters in Brazil.

“City had a small squad last term, but right now our start is better and with Robinho it will be even better.

“The Premier League is a very tough league, but we are going to improve a lot. We are on the right track.

“He has signed a four-year deal, so it’s going to be great for the team and for our families as well. He is absolutely delighted.

“People criticisng is normal but they should come to Manchester City and see the facilities that are on offer.”

Another Brazilian and Manchester City star, Jo, has explained he had other options last summer, but opted to join City as he believed in their project.

“I joined them for their project, and Elano advised me to sign as well,” Jo told reporters.

“The club have other good players. We can think of qualifying for the Champions League and winning titles.”

Love him! Class act who is delighted to be playing for us. Can't ask for much more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Liverpool and Arsenal have a lot to lose by City getting into the top 4.But,it will not happen this year.I dont think we'll see anything good from Robinho until december at the earliest.He's a good player,but is nowhere near the brillaint player that people are saying he is atm.Ye brought in Kompany and SWP,who are big signings and strenghten the side a lot,but Zabaleta is terrible.He'll be a liability in the Premeirship.Also,as I hope ye know,this 'shopping list' that was brought out saying ye will buy Torres,Fabrgas,Ronaldo etc wont happen,but I presume ye know that and arent so dillusional.Chelsea were bought and were already in the CL,ye arent and wont be for at least 2 seasons,therefore limiting the players ye can sign and the quality.Robinho signed for money and to get out of Real.Berbatov signed for United as they were a big club and CL football.Ye may turn out to be the new Chelsea and challenge for the title and the CL every year,but ti wont happen this year or the next one,and by that time,it may fall apart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Jaysus, if you ever wanted example of new money, there you have it :D

Speaking personally, I am obviously worried about it but not overly at the moment. Liverpool and Arsenal obviously have the most to loose though.

As I said in another thread though, there is only so much money that you can spend and so many players you can have before the law of deminishing returns to kick in.. As you seen with Chelsea, the actual task of buying the league is pretty easily done keeping it, even will all that money and players, is alot more difficult.

If City want to buy all the top players from the teams around them, they are going to have to pay big money for them. The owners won't mind spending the cash but the more they spend, the more they subsidise the opposition.

For example, with the squad that United presently have, handing them £150m will make them extremely difficult to knock of the top for a few years. City could go out and buy 10 players at 20 million and piece and they would still trail the current United squad minus Ronaldo plus 150 million pound.

City themselves have benefited from Chelsea's spending to the tune of 16m with SWP. The clubs that City want to supersede are destined to benefit from alot more money than this if they wan't to take their best players from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

DrMorphine wrote: »
    I heard Man city are linked with ronaldo as he is a free now. Would man city fans want him? He looks way over weight from pics I have seen of him!

Ronaldo_1167542.jpg
    They have been saying he is overweight for 5 or 6 years and he is 32 now.
    Either way he has manged to score 302 goals in 375 League games. And 67 in 104 games for Brazil. There has never been to this day a premiership striker even close to the class of this man.

eagle eye wrote: »
    They have been saying he is overweight for 5 or 6 years and he is 32 now.
    Either way he has manged to score 302 goals in 375 League games. And 67 in 104 games for Brazil. There has never been to this day a premiership striker even close to the class of this man.

Well, there has been players that come close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hughes cools transfer talk
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7598504.stm
    Manchester City boss Mark Hughes has warned fans not to expect a host of big-name signings in January.

But manager Hughes said: "The difficulty will be getting clubs to release those players.

"Maybe it will be more difficult than people realise in January. We'll pursue targets we can realistically get."

That's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping Hughes would say.

The talk of Fabregas, Torres, Ronaldo etc is just being done for shcok value. Even us City fans know that. It's just funny to be able to say it.

When he says 'realistic' I presume he means the Diegos, the Chiellinis and the Arshavins of the world, and that's alright by me.

"Maybe it will be more difficult than people realise in January. We'll pursue targets we can realistically get."

presuming he is refering to the owners here?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Realistically, top players are not going to move mid-season, half-way through a Champions League run so the January sales would be better spent giving Hughes carte blanche to sign some top-end squad players on the fringes of big clubs, the Podolskis and Schweinsteigers who should jump at the chance of regular football and a few extra quid. Of course, come June these guys will be shuffled off to the reserves to kick their heels for another season if they don't do a Roque Santa Cruz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭santosubito

I think City will finish above Arsenal, myself...
    I think our squad is stronger than theirs and January will be very interesting.
    I've been away all week (I left on Monday afternoon) and simply can't believe what has happened.
    City fans like me are going to have to get used to a whole new world and we'll have to change our defeatist, pessimisitic attitudes. We're in for some great times.
    I've read several forums and one of the best posts of all I've read on "it" was from Xavi right at the start: "Oh.My.God." Sums it up perfectly.
    City boards have some funny songs already. My favourite is "Hi-ho, hi-ho we've got Robinho, Petrov, Jo and Elano, hi-ho, hi-ho. hi-ho..."
    But it also shows we've got some great players.
    Even now, we can boast a really strong starting X1, probably of:

Hart
    Zabaleta Dunne Richards Ball
    SWP Kompany Elano Petrov
    Robinho
    Jo

Plus Ireland, Johnno, Glauber, Sturridge, Ned, TBH, Benjani, Didi, Schmeichel.
    That's quality and strength in depth...

citymoney.jpg

:D

• Advertisement

hope city make the cut in this 14 club league :D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/08/manchestercity.premierleague

Manchester City's billionaire new owners are planning an extraordinary vision for the future that will see the club branch into financial services, the fashion industry, telecommunications and even bring out a range of Citycars. The aim is to become "the Virgin of Asia and the world" with a major re-branding that will involve, among other things, City 24-7 energy drinks, branded Mini Coopers, official club scooters, telephone cards and a chain of City Eating fast-food stores.
    How City plan to do this is revealed in an 83-page blueprint, A New Model for Partnership in Football, which was influential in convincing the Abu Dhabi royal family to buy the club from the previous owner Thaksin Shinawatra. It is understood the document was put together by the ultra-ambitious Garry Cook, a former Nike executive who was recruited by Thaksin earlier in the summer and whose vision of football involves a Premier League structure with 10to 14 clubs and, most controversially, no promotion or relegation.

Was reading that earlier on.

Definitely getting myself a Mini!

Doesn't seem like hughes is the man leading the club, more being led. Could you imagine someone saying to fergie, "Vidic doesn't fit in with our look for the asian market, good footballer but we need a bit more razzmatazz".

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/its-bleedin-surreal-its-inevitable-well-be-one-of-the-biggest-clubs-1472078.html

Certainly, it didn't help when recently appointed executive chairman Gary Cook used Dunne as an example of the kind of player who can't help enhance the brand name worldwide.

"We need a superstar," said Cook. "I've talked about this a lot with Mark Hughes and he sort of understands. China and India, 30pc of the world's population, need a league to watch and we want Manchester City to be their club.

"To do that, we need a superstar because, no disrespect, Richard Dunne does not roll off the tongue in Beijing."

++++++++++++++++

On a different point the Independent headline is 'It's bleedin' surreal, it's inevitable we'll be one of the biggest clubs'

Thats why I read the article. I thought it was a bit presumptious. In the article the quote actually is " I think it's inevitable we can become one of the biggest." typical of the Indo. Makes Dunne out to be bigheaded when his comment was fair enough.

Apparently this email was sent to all season ticket holders who were at the game on Saturday -
    Dear ______

I just wanted to send a message to thank you for the amazing support we had on Saturday.

The atmosphere was fantastic and I think our start to the Chelsea game showed the response to that support.

You gave a great welcome back to Shaun as well as a warm welcome to our other new signings.

I know the result wasn’t ideal but hopefully you can see, as I can, that there are plenty of positives to build on for future games – especially with the kind of atmosphere we saw can be created in our Stadium.

We now have the visit of Portsmouth to look forward to this coming weekend and we’ll be a week further down the line in terms of Robinho, Jo and Pablo Zabaleta training with the group, so the performance could be even better than against Chelsea.

We hope to make our mark on the league this year with entertaining football and the Portsmouth game should be another exciting one to watch.

We look forward to seeing you at the City of Manchester Stadium on Sunday for another big test against a team who will also expect to challenge for European football again this season.

Thank you for your support.

Mark Hughes
    Manager

Kinda cool I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Apparently this email was sent to all season ticket holders who were at the game on Saturday -

Kinda cool I thought.

Top stuff. The PR (or lack thereof) from my own club, has left our fans felling incredibly isolated from those who run the club. It's gestures such as these that make the small, but important, differences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I know Bohs and a few other el clubs have a page in the programme where the manager says something like the above, wouldve thought itd be standard in the Premiership.

bohsman wrote: »
    I know Bohs and a few other el clubs have a page in the programme where the manager says something like the above, wouldve thought itd be standard in the Premiership.

Ah yeah, they all do those, but it is kinda cool to arrive in work on a Monday morning, check your emails, and find you've got one from Sparky (even if 30 odd thousand others did also).

Ah yeah it's purely a PR exercise but the club have got it down to a tee at the moment.

They's also put banners outside the COMS that have the names of all season ticket holders on them. They look class.

sg6fxs.jpg

35lxisn.jpg

2qkjz82.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/2965881/Ronaldo-tempted-by-Manchester-Citys-global-vision---Football.html
    Ronaldo tempted by Manchester City's global vision

Brazilian forward Ronaldo claimed today that Manchester City were on the brink of offering him a one-year deal to relaunch his career at Eastlands.

The former Real Madrid and AC Milan striker, a free agent since leaving the San Siro at the end of June, said he had been offered a £60,000-a-week package to move to the Premier League by City.

Ronaldo, whose career has been ravaged by a series of knee injuries and regular problems with his weight, has spent recent weeks in Rio de Janeiro training with former club Flamengo.

The 31-year-old is keen to team up with his compatriot, £32.5 million British record signing Robinho, once he proves that he has recovered from the knee injury that ended his Milan career.

Ronaldo said: “I like the project that Manchester City have presented me. They want to make the club one of the best in the world and I feel that I can help. It is the best offer I’ve received and it will be very interesting to play with Robinho. Me and him, together, we can score more than 50 goals.

The two-time Fifa World Footballer of the Year has been out of competitive action since rupturing ligaments in his left knee in February, and is expected to be out of action until December.

City, now billed as the world’s richest club following Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan’s arrival at the club earlier this month, are determined to continue to build their global profile and manager Mark Hughes is ready to take Ronaldo now to speed up his rehabilitation by offering him the best treatment available.

The deal is not due to start until January, but with the player unattached, City are prepared to bring it forward once he has proved his fitness

If he could get fit then he could be fantastic for a year or so. We'd sell a fuck load more shirts too.

It could easily become another Geroge Weah scenario though......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I think City will finish above Arsenal, myself...
    I think our squad is stronger than theirs and January will be very interesting.

Are you serious? You think City have a better squad than Arsenal? I know a few players have been bought and there are probably going to be a few more in January but i think city will do well to finish 5th or even 6th if Villa stay consistant.
    They definately do not have a better squad and not a better starting 11 either.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/2965881/Ronaldo-tempted-by-Manchester-Citys-global-vision---Football.html

If he could get fit then he could be fantastic for a year or so. We'd sell a fuck load more shirts too.

It could easily become another Geroge Weah scenario though......

BBC radio have been reporting that the salary on offer will be more than double the £60k reported. I would be surprised if it is less than £100k a week tbh. Ronaldo obviously knows from the other Brazilians whats sort of dough is kicking around so i doubt he will sell himself short.
    Still i'm sure city can afford it, especially if they only give him a contract till the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7620053.stm
    Johnson agrees new Man City deal

Michael Johnson has signed a new five-year deal at Manchester City that will keep him at Eastlands until 2013.

The 20-year-old England Under-21 international midfielder has ended months of speculation that he may be set to leave the club.

Johnson made his City debut in October 2006 after graduating through the club's youth academy.

He broke into the first team under former boss Stuart Pearce and also featured under Sven-Goran Eriksson.

Mark Hughes' squad will head to Cyprus for Thursday's Uefa Cup clash against Omonia Nicosia, hoping to have Johnson available.

The central midfielder had been an ever-present for the Blues until Saturday's defeat to Chelsea, when he was ruled out with a groin injury.

More good news. Fingers crossed he can knuckle down now and stay off the piss a bit.

More good news. Fingers crossed he can knuckle down now and stay off the piss a bit.

Fan of a few shandys is he? Any tabloid tales?

Oh more than a few. He's a regular on the clubbing scene around Manchester. Apparently he's turned into a bit of a knob now that he's seen as a good footballer. He's done the whole "Do you know who I am?" thing.

Himself and Micah are clubbin buddies but apparently Micah doesn't touch a drop while Jonno is a fan of the Strongbow. A lot of the fans are unhappy with his behaviour.

Good win tonight, though shoulda been more.

Another excellent performance from Superman. If only he could learn to finish!

Great for Jo to get off the mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Great for Jo to get off the mark.

Dangerously close of putting this fella into my FF team, opinions? Crazy or good signing?

Good signing imo. I'm thinking of doin the same.

He's the lone striker and with players like Robinho, Elano, SWP, Petrov and Ireland playing behind him he's gonna get a heap of chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Stephen Ireland has looked very classy this season. He's the type of player that'll look better with better players and could play with the best of them. He's an excellent out ball for a player to have as you can guarantee he won't lose possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I wouldn't want Ronaldo at the club, I think he'd be a disrutive influence on Robinho and Jo to be honest. Fair enough, he had a horrific injury, but that's no excuse to let himself go as badly as he has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp_BsR2dp5E&feature=related

I'd leave the likes of Newcastle risk their cash on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

Boggles wrote: »
    Dangerously close of putting this fella into my FF team, opinions? Crazy or good signing?

He reminds me a bit of Drogba(maybe not as aggressive). He will definitely score goals no doubt about that, I'm just sorry Everton never signed him. I think he will bag a minimum of 15 in the league for ye provided he stays fit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement