Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm not sure what to make of this.

We all know about his chequered past and his attitude BUT Hughes did have him a Blackburn and by all accounts handled him well.

Plus he's an upgrade on Vassell so......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

I hope I'm proved wrong but to my mind Bellamy's signing is a bad piece of business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I just posted on the Arsenal thread commenting how Arshavin and Bellamy cost the same money! I know Arshavin is a bit of an unknown quantity really aside from a couple of good games at the Euros but seems worth a punt. Bellamy though.................trouble everywhere he's been...........even went on strike last week.

So Kaka's rejected us. I know I'm leaving myself open here but I'm not disappointed. He didn't want to come and if he had he'd be seen as a mercenary. I hope we go back for him in a couple of years though-if the big plan has worked in the meantime that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

As a Hammers fan let me be the first to say

NA NA NA NA, WOW, NA NA NA NA NA, WOW WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY GOODBYE CRAIG !

I Cant believe that Bellamy spends one season on the treatment table, two months rehabilitating, two months of greatness where he scores four goals, and the Hammers make a £7million profit !!!

Hopefully Man City will come in for Dean Ashton !!!

God you guys are lumbered with the most erratic, untrustworthy, disloyal, troublemaker ever in the premiership.

• Advertisement

Breaking news - Robinho has stormed out of our Spanish training camp and has flown back to Brazil. Not happy the Kaka thing and there are also accusations going around about an incident involving himself and Jo in a Leeds nightclub.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Breaking news - Robinho has stormed out of our Spanish training camp and has flown back to Brazil. Not happy the Kaka thing and there are also accusations going around about an incident involving himself and Jo in a Leeds nightclub.

Wow, that sounds like teh suck. Hopefully he'll come back, so good to watch..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Maybe hes trying to help Bellemy feel more welcome....

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Where'd ya hear that Xavi?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He's on his way to Milan for a medical for a 23million transfer.
    I just made that up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

More on Robinho.

20/01/2009 02:06

Robinho Storms Out Of Manchester City Camp

It seems that City have lost two Brazilians in one night after their superstar striker went AWOL...

Everyone expected Manchester City to announce the world-record capture of Kaka last night, but instead they were left with only Craig Bellamy to unveil as AC Milan decided to keep their brilliant playmaker.

And now the Citizens face a potential crisis after Robinho went missing from their training camp in the Canary Islands last night.

Sources in the English press claim that the ex-Real Madrid star stormed out of the Sky Blues' base in Tenerife and could not be contacted all evening.

It is believed the 24-year-old has grown sullen at Eastlands, as he has become frustrated with City's underperformance on the pitch and, perhaps, at the negotiating table.

There is a suggestion that Robinho is upset at the club's failure to sign Kaka. He has long stressed his desire to see more Brazilians in the blue half of Manchester, and the former FIFA World Player of the Year would have been a dream addition.

The details of this whole affair are still sketchy, but it might be enough to convince Chelsea to have another crack at one of Luiz Felipe Scolari's favourite players.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/710/manchester-city/2009/01/20/1068869/robinho-storms-out-of-manchester-city-camp

Also some more on the story here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1123136/EXCLUSIVE-Kakas-100m-deal-Manchester-City-collapses-Robinho-storms-training.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

soap opera or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

looks like city are falling apart allready
    Kaka doesnt sign,Robino walks off and bellamy signs

seems sparky is loosing control of the dressing room too

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

it really looks like this could implode on Hughes! Bellamy is a very poor signing- Villa were linked and I was praying we didn't get him, just don't need all that hassle he brings- plus his record isn't great at all. Robinho- well he was bound to throw some wobbler sooner or later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A pampered star throws a hissy fit because his mate isn't coming to join him at City. For shock. I wonder if he'll out strop Bellamy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Very sad to see, then again at this stage it's probably an alien concept for a player to show any kind of respect or committment to his team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Very sad to see, then again at this stage it's probably an alien concept for a player to show any kind of respect or committment to his team.

Kaka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Would ditching Jo help solve the problem?
    If so that could certainly be an option...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

in fairness i think hughes knows what hes doing with bellamy, he did well for him at blackburn. for all the talent we have up front there isnt a great mount of fight and spirit. glad the kaka crap is over too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

bigstar wrote: »
    in fairness i think hughes knows what hes doing with bellamy, he did well for him at blackburn. for all the talent we have up front there isnt a great mount of fight and spirit. glad the kaka crap is over too.

Yeah I've been thinking about that and I think it could be the opposite of what people are saying - rather than being a disruptive influence on the dressing room I think Hughes could be hoping that someone like Bellamy can get them on his side...

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Yeah I've been thinking about that and I think it could be the opposite of what people are saying - rather than being a disruptive influence on the dressing room I think Hughes could be hoping that someone like Bellamy can get them on his side...

Maybe a team building round of golf. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

keane2097 wrote: »

Bellamy is supposed to be hated by almost everyone he ever plays with. I don't think that'll work.

Quint wrote: »
    Bellamy is supposed to be hated by almost everyone he ever plays with. I don't think that'll work.

Source?

he played his best football at blackburn, i think hell do well, hopefully with de jong and kompany in midfield and bridge well be more solid and the attacking players can run riot. that or bellamy will try and kill someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Boggles wrote: »
    Kaka.

Surely you'd agree that Kaka is a rare breed? How many would choose their values and religion over the contract Kaka was offered? Ashely Cole would have been having a fit on the floor, foaming at the mouth if it were him.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Really hope this thing with Robinho is resolved...or Liverpool buy him on the cheap (i can dream)

I prefer watching robinho play than Ronaldo. To me he seems alot more fluid than Ronaldos crazy ramblings.

Also I have him on my fantasy football team and was expecting big things for him in the next match!

And who said money doesnt buy you happiness again? seems they were right! :cool:

Scary :eek:

img_502_12821_7669.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=770&hei=480&rgn=0,0,0,0&cvt=jpeg

He looks like one of those scummers you see around Dr Quirkeys with the lil tasche.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

4 Iron behind his back I'd imagine....

• Advertisement

Jaysus the more I look at that picture the more it deserves a caption of the week thread.

Think it's safe to assume the Krypton Factor title is safe for another year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Aidric wrote: »
    A pampered star throws a hissy fit because his mate isn't coming to join him at City. For shock. I wonder if he'll out strop Bellamy.
    This morning's red-tops claim that God appeared to Kaka in the form of Robinho, Elano and Jo, all of whom are reportedly feuding with Mark Hughes and informed him - as if they really needed to - that leaving Milan for City was a rubbish idea.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/early-doors/article/124914/
    There were reports that Brazilian members of the City squad - Robinho, Elano and Jo - were among those who talked Kaka out of the move, which would have netted him an estimated £500,000 a week.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20012009/58/premier-league-robinho-city-camp.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Kaka not going to City is good for football.

And bad if your a City fan.

So was Robinho to City but people have gotten over it by now. Its not really a big deal anymore in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

And now it seems your samba star Robinho has decided to walk out of your training camp for "Family Reasons"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Soby wrote: »
    And now it seems your samba star Robinho has decided to walk out of your training camp for "Family Reasons"
    Robinho wrote:
    "I had made Manchester City aware that I needed to return to Brazil because of a family matter,"
    Indeed, I expect the statement from Mark Hughes, that this was all planned etc...:D

doesnt seem like he told many people

from BBC
    Executive chairman Garry Cook told the BBC: "I do know Robinho is not at the training centre in Tenerife.

"If he has left the training ground it is a breach of club discipline. I am waiting for a full debrief."

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I know everyone is flabbergasted at the price of Bellamy, yes its vastly overpriced but what do you expect when City become involved now, but IMO he's a huge upgrade on Benjani/Vassell/Jo anyways.

Smegball wrote: »
    I know everyone is flabbergasted at the price of Bellamy, yes its vastly overpriced but what do you expect when City become involved now, but IMO he's a huge upgrade on Benjani/Vassell/Jo anyways.
    Its a lot for such a injury prone player though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Soby wrote: »
    Its a lot for such a injury prone player though

Yep, no doubting that but City are def goin to be mugs in that regards from now on, doubt they will be picking up any bargains any time soon anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

No matter what he's wearing he still looks like a thug :pac::pac:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4823351,00.html
    Robinho - No Kaka influence
    City striker keen to explain decision to leave training camp

Last updated: 20th January 2009

Robinho has stressed that Manchester City's failure to sign Kaka did not influence his decision to leave the club's training camp.

Brazilian ace Robinho walked out of the warm weather camp in Tenerife on Monday night in order to return to his homeland for family reasons.

However, reports suggested that Robinho had stormed out after City's bid to sign his compatriot Kaka from AC Milan had collapsed.

In an attempt to quash the notion of any unrest, Robinho has explained the reasons behind his seemingly abrupt exit from the squad.

And the playmaker is confident that any problems with the Premier League club will be resolved when he returns to England.
    Committed

"I would like to make it clear to the fans what the situation is, so that they can understand my decision to fly home to Brazil," Robinho told his official website.

"Earlier in the month I made Manchester City aware that I needed to return to Brazil, because of a family matter. The club agreed and I was grateful to them for this.

"Up until yesterday it was my understanding that the club had no problem with my plans.

"I feel it is important to underline that I did not return to Brazil because of the Kaka deal.

"He is one of my good friends and it would have been great to see him at Manchester City - but it had nothing to do with his decision to stay in Milan.

"I will return to the club and hope to sort out this matter as soon as possible. I am committed to helping Manchester City become the force the owners assured me they will become."

He was bound to say this, but maybe it's true...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

so who is most likely to leave Man City as transfers inflate the size of the squad?

For instance with 7 players in Bellamy, Jo, Robinho, Caicedo, Benjani, Vassel, Sturridge, Bojinov, Evans all able to play CF plus anyone else they might sign surely someone would be better off looking elsewhere for their chance especially out of the younger players trying to get their breakthrough, i.e Evans, Caicedo, Sturridge or even Bojinov.

Heard storys about Micheal Johnson again today too who after De Jong signs might be on his way. Although anytime i hear Johnson discussed with relation to other clubs there is always a lotta talk regarding him being a "pisshead" with "phantom injuries"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

curry-muff wrote: »
    No matter what he's wearing he still looks like a thug :pac::pac:

So tempted to FYP.

From Gary Cook -
    "If we don’t get Kaká, it is not the end of the world. We have got Craig Bellamy.”

That's almost worthy of a place in the sig.

Following on from David Sommeil and Sun Jihai I see now that Vassell is linked with a £1.6m move to Sheffield United. That's about his level I would say but it looks like Sheffield United is fast becoming some knid of rest home for washed up City players.

(ps. no reference attached to Sommeil's recent health scare just his
    (in)ability as a footballer).

its a bit funny hearing that kaka was told not to come by robihno and also that robihno walked out becuase kaka didnt come, either some very confused posters or a very confused robihno. this threads getting a lot of traffic these days, seems like the kaka deal was to raise citys profile, and its working. if we get the de jong deal done, with bellamy and bridge i think was a fairly good window for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

bigstar wrote: »
    its a bit funny hearing that kaka was told not to come by robihno and also that robihno walked out becuase kaka didnt come, either some very confused posters or a very confused robihno. this threads getting a lot of traffic these days, seems like the kaka deal was to raise citys profile, and its working. if we get the de jong deal done, with bellamy and bridge i think was a fairly good window for us.

I still think you need that big centre forward though. Robinho floats around the place and is more of a winger. Benjani isnt good enough and Jo is either ****e or needs time to settle. You never really needed Kaka as Ireland has really stepped up to the plate but a Kaka in any side is a huge plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

21ae6pg.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Your CEO is a bit of a worry.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement