Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The black is the away and the white is the third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The black is the away and the white is the third.

:eek: not good.

garethbarryandmarkhughe.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

GB sounded very nervous in his recent interview on SSN

Did anyone else hear him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Richard Dunne to Sunderland? What do city fans make of that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Santa Cruz has agreed to join City for £18million...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1194095/EXCLUSIVE-City-eye-Santa-Cruz-signs-18m.html
    Manchester City have agreed an £18million deal to sign Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn as they begin to build a squad to break into the Premier League's top four.
    Manager Mark Hughes will finally be reunited with the striker he wanted to bring with him from Rovers to Eastlands last summer in the first of several blockbuster signings before the end of August.

article-0-00B9CD2000000259-916_468x553.jpg Cruz control: Manchester City have finally landed Blackburn striker

Santa Cruz will cost £15m, with the rest of the fee dependant on appearances and team success, but he is likely to have to compete for a place with Carlos Tevez - who is ready to reject Manchester United and Liverpool - and Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o next season.
    City are confident they are making progress in their pursuit of two of the most respected goalscorers playing in Europe - despite Eto'o's exorbitant wage demands of £192,000-a-week after tax - as chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak continues to back Hughes in the transfer market.
    The signing of Santa Cruz, who missed the end of last season with a knee injury, shows that the manager remains in charge of the club's transfer targets.
    Al-Mubarak has admitted his frustration at the perception of City as a club who do not deserve a place at the game's top table. The Cruz deal highlights his reluctance to pay wildly inflated fees, as the initial figure is £5m short of the price Blackburn quoted them in January when their bids were unsuccessful.
    Hughes first signed Santa Cruz for Blackburn from Bayern Munich for £3.8m in 2007 after he had fallen out of favour at the German club. He scored 23 goals for Rovers in his first season but suffered with injury last term after the Welshman had move on.

Apparently we're also doing a deal to sign Stuart Taylor from Villa as a back up to Given which will free up Hart and Schmeichel to go out on loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

18 million? Would you like some of our "marginals"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Apparently we're also doing a deal to sign Stuart Taylor from Villa as a back up to Given which will free up Hart and Schmeichel to go out on loan.

You better pray Given is made of titanium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

I know there are several genuine City fans on here (such as Xavi) but has there been many jumping on the Abu bandwagon in Ireland? Increase in supporter club memberships etc?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So can we expect something like this next season at Man City?

.................Santa Cruz

Robinho.........Tevez*........SWP

.............Barry*....De Jong......

Bridge..Kompany...Ona/Dun/?..Zab

...................Given

* - Rotated with Ireland - Tevez may take RSC's place sometimes when this happens
    Ona/Dun/? - Onuoha / Dunne / New signing (Toure?)

also what do city fans expect to happen with Richards, Jo & Elano ? will they still be Man City players next year, if not where are they expected to go?

...................Given

* - Rotated with Ireland - Tevez may take RSC's place sometimes when this happens

also what do city fans expect to happen with Richards, Jo & Elano ? will they still be Man City players next year, if not where are they expected to go?

City want Lescott. Ireland and Barry will both play every game of course.
    They are not in competition with each other. Do you really think Ireland would be rotated out?

JPA wrote: »
    City want Lescott. Ireland and Barry will both play every game of course.
    They are not in competition with each other. Do you really think Ireland would be rotated out?

well no wouldent but how else do you fit all their players inc Tevez and RSC who it looks like they may be about to sign into their lineup. Lescott can go into the ? slot alongside Kompany who has already been moved into CD to accomodate another DM.

maybe have De Jong as backup to Barry and play Ireland in CM not AM.

well no wouldent but how else do you fit all their players inc Tevez and RSC who it looks like they may be about to sign into their lineup. Lescott can go into the ? slot alongside Kompany who has already been moved into CD to accomodate another DM.

maybe have De Jong as backup to Barry and play Ireland in CM not AM.

Don't ask me what they'll do. But Ireland is their player of the year and Barry has signed and allegedly been offered the captaincy. They'll be fitting players around these 2, not vice versa.

Given
    Zabaleta--Toure--Kompany---Bridge

Barry
    Ireland
    SWP
    Robinho
    RSC
    Tevez

Something like this, perhaps?

Or maybe

---De Jong----Barry---Ireland
    ---Robinho----RSC---Tevez

In a 4-3-3 formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

...................Given

i don't know why one would ever drop ireland...he should surely be a first name on team sheet. whether it's in the 'tevez' position or in the 'barry' position. he should be accomodated, the same way robinho should be. tevez may struggle to play every week after all ;)

jo's gone i'd guess.

elano will go if anyone will have him at a decent price.

richards i've no idea.

city at this rate are going to have a lot of cover for a few positions. how they're going to satisfy the egos of the likes of tevez, robinho, santa and probably barry will be interesting to see, as well as keeping the likes of ireland and de jong happy.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Given

Barry
    Ireland
    SWP
    Robinho
    RSC
    Tevez

Something like this, perhaps?

Or maybe

---De Jong----Barry---Ireland
    ---Robinho----RSC---Tevez

In a 4-3-3 formation.

That 2nd version would work best I would think.
    But then there's talk of Eto'o as well.

And guy in charge said they want to make 6 signings. So... I dunno.

That 2nd version would work best I would think.
    But then there's talk of Eto'o as well.

And guy in charge said they want to make 6 signings. So... I dunno.

This would work gold:

Given

Toure
    Kompany
    Zabeleta
    Bridge
    De Jong--Ireland--Barry

Tevez---RSC---Robinho

Now that is tasty, Barry and De Jong have the defensive qualities to cover Bridge and Zabaleta. Maybe even improve on Zabeleta at right back...

• Advertisement

Given

Barry
    Ireland
    SWP
    Robinho
    RSC
    Tevez

this i could see, I had been trying to fit them into their current system which is 4-2-3-1 and tbh Ireland isnt a DM. But 442 or their old system but with only 1 DM and a box to box Ireland makes a lot more sense, then again if they sign anyone else bar a CB i.e Toure in the above it could get quite interesting to see what they do.

This would work gold:

Given

Toure
    Kompany
    Zabeleta
    Bridge
    De Jong--Ireland--Barry

Tevez---RSC---Robinho

Now that is tasty, Barry and De Jong have the defensive qualities to cover Bridge and Zabaleta. Maybe even improve on Zabeleta at right back...

Ya, that's the exact same as your other team!

Ya, that's the exact same as your other team!
    I know, just explained a little more with minor editions.

img_502_13420_6185.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&with=272&hei=272&rgn=0,0,0,0&cvt=jpeg

Good lookin fella

I don't think the kit posted by the Daily Mail matches the one you posted a few pages back, Xavi.

article-1194897-05639D4D000005DC-934_468x296.jpg

img_502_13420_6185.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&with=272&hei=272&rgn=0,0,0,0&cvt=jpeg

Good lookin fella

Roque isn't bad either.

• Advertisement

I don't think the kit posted by the Daily Mail matches the one you posted a few pages back, Xavi.

article-1194897-05639D4D000005DC-934_468x296.jpg

Yeah that was dismissed as a horrible fraud a few weeks back. Thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Striker Sturridge off to Chelsea

Chelsea are to sign teenage striker Daniel Sturridge from big-spending Premier League rivals Manchester City.

The fee for the 19-year-old will be decided by a tribunal with the two clubs unable to agree on a deal.

Sturridge will be out of contract at the end of June and has refused a new contract offer at Eastlands.

However, Chelsea will be liable to pay a fee as the player is under the age of 24 and therefore can not move for nothing under the Bosman ruling.

City boss Mark Hughes had been keen to keep Sturridge but would not meet what he believed to be excessive wage demands.

Hughes earlier told BBC Radio Manchester: "We have made an offer which is a good offer for Daniel at this stage of his career and that was refused a couple of weeks back."

The England Under-20 international has scored six goals from 12 starts and 19 substitute appearances for City.

City are looking to get a 'development fee' of around £10m for Sturridge, although Chelsea's valuation is thought to be somewhat lower at an estimated £3m.
    `

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

I think City could be very strong next year.

If the immenient arrivals of Lescott and Tevez go ahead then they will be very strong.

If Hughes managerial skills are up to it and he manages to keep a lid of expectations as well as keeping Micah Richards on the straight and narrow they'll have one hell of a team.

A lot of their signings have been proven premiership players, Given, Bridge, Santa Cruz, Barry, soon to arrive Lescott and Tevez they wont need a settling in period.

They also have a good number of British players so culutural differences wont be a factor.

If you were Man City manager who would be your next signing?? Being realistic is of utmost importance here!!

I think they need a good passer of the ball in the centre of midfield akin to Xabi Alonso to really get their team moving. Perhaps a wide player or two and maybe another class defender

Apparently (this is from people with connections at various involved clubs/agencies) City next week should be signing

Tevez, Eto'o and Lescott

These deals are "apparently" nailed on 100%

This is from reliable "in the knows" posting on the blue moon forums - where alot of garbage in fairness can be posted - but two seperate sources both of whom have posted succesful pre-publicity transfers before (Barry, Taylor, RSC) have said that the above deals are done.

There is also strong rumours (not sure how i feel about this) that John Terry is apparently also a strong possibility!!

Terry? Boo hoo! :(;):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Sounds a bit insane to go signing Tevez, Eto'o and Santa Cruz while Bellamy, Robinho and Bojinov are already there. The first 3 and Robinho in particular will all be expecting to play every game, so even if 2 are played up front with Robinho wide, theres still gonna a very pissed off newcomer. I could see either tevez or eto'o coming, not sure about both though..

Let them at it, they'll be like a joke version of Real Madrid without the glittering history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Lol at Man City not having history.

The sour grapes routinely displayed on this forum never ceases to draw a chuckle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Have been following those threads on Bluemoon, spursmad has been on the ball with his information up to now. Big press conference scheduled for this wednesday and according to Gary Cook there will be a 'Big surprise' for all city fans. I'm guessing its confirmation of a double transfer, possibly even a triple one, Eto'o and Tevez plus one other.

My crazy prdiction for next year, City to finish above Utd :D

keane2097 wrote: »
    Lol at Man City not having history.

The sour grapes routinely displayed on this forum never ceases to draw a chuckle...

I said glittering, you know European Cups and stuff. Knocking Utd out of the First Divison doesn't count in that respect ;)

Most of the succesful teams have had the benefit of years of sound financial managment and a stable and patient board, which enabled them to up their spending over a long period period of time and build teams over 4 or 5 seasons.

Due to City's influx of cash and amibtious owners, of course we will see an initial period of flux and heavy change - i would expect things will settle down to the level of activity of most large clubs after that - with maybe 2 or max three transfers a season.

Laughing into your sleeve about glittering histories seems like the worst form of establismentarianism there is - all revolutions have to start somewhere.

I'm happy to take the money and short term changes, Cities faithful support have had long enough of low funds and an unstable boardroom. Hopefully the owners will have the patience and fortitude to adhere to a long term strategy.

Have been following those threads on Bluemoon, spursmad has been on the ball with his information up to now. Big press conference scheduled for this wednesday and according to Gary Cook there will be a 'Big surprise' for all city fans. I'm guessing its confirmation of a double transfer, possibly even a triple one, Eto'o and Tevez plus one other.

My crazy prdiction for next year, City to finish above Utd :D

Arjen Robben maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

according to skysports:

"Not the most concrete of links, but we have received an email from a gentleman claiming that he works at Manchester airport and has seen Samuel Eto'o arrive this morning. Make of that what you will."

Link: http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

250,000 a week? Obscene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

spockety wrote: »

it doesn't say there that is it accepted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

latest from F365:

They may have made Samuel Eto'o a 'stratospheric' offer, but the word out of Spain is that Eto'o's agent will announce at a press conference on Tuesday that his client will stay at Barcelona for the final year of his contract.

glanman wrote: »
    latest from F365:

They may have made Samuel Eto'o a 'stratospheric' offer, but the word out of Spain is that Eto'o's agent will announce at a press conference on Tuesday that his client will stay at Barcelona for the final year of his contract.

Interesting, then he will get even bigger wages next year!

They're unveiling RSC tomorrow, first proper one since the takeover? I don't think Robinho had the chance to have one.

They're unveiling RSC tomorrow, first proper one since the takeover? I don't think Robinho had the chance to have one.

Gareth Barry and the signings in January. :confused:

Gareth Barry and the signings in January. :confused:
    Whoops, I could I forget De Jong and Bellamy :eek:

Could be a huge day tomorrow as -

1. RSC is unveiled
    2. Rumours of two other transfers to be confirmed
    3. New flashy website is launched
    4. Home shirt goes on pre-order

Also this has been confirmed, which looks quality, -

live-from-city.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

This is insane!
    I don't support City, but I can't sleep as am excited about what is going to happen tomorrow after reading the Blue Moon site.

* 2 mins of silence at 12 noon tomorrow to mark the end of Danny Mill's Contract, ha.

* Jolean Lescott deal is done and will probably be announced tomorrow along with Teves and their new website.

* Eto'o has agreed personal terms with City, Barca have agreed a price with city, and once Eto'o sorts out his loyalty bonus with Barca, the deal will be made public.

* Daniel Adlung a 21 year old Wolfsburg player is going to go on trial with them shortly.

• Advertisement

This is insane!
    I don't support City, but I can't sleep as am excited about what is going to happen tomorrow after reading the Blue Moon site.

That's..............weird.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement