Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

This is insane!
    I don't support City, but I can't sleep as am excited about what is going to happen tomorrow after reading the Blue Moon site.

* 2 mins of silence at 12 noon tomorrow to mark the end of Danny Mill's Contract, ha.

* Jolean Lescott deal is done and will probably be announced tomorrow along with Teves and their new website.

* Eto'o has agreed personal terms with City, Barca have agreed a price with city, and once Eto'o sorts out his loyalty bonus with Barca, the deal will be made public.

* Daniel Adlung a 21 year old Wolfsburg player is going to go on trial with them shortly.

ShoulderChip, you're one crazy Chelsea fan. Man City could be your spare Chelsea. Y'know, in case Ancelotti messes them up, builds a squad with an average age of 47, that kind of thing.

Now have a warm milk and get to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

ShoulderChip, you're one crazy Chelsea fan. Man City could be your spare Chelsea. Y'know, in case Ancelotti messes them up, builds a squad with an average age of 47, that kind of thing.

Now have a warm milk and get to bed.

ha I knew you would Google my facebook comment and end up here.

What if all these signing make city the best team in the world at home, but keep losing all the away games?

will it just be like last year but now 8-0 wins at home instead of 4-1 etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol, new site down with 'technical difficulties'.

Typical City is alive and well!

the blue moon fan-boys believe the techincal difficulties are waiting for Teves' picture to be up on the homepage.

• Advertisement

Lol the golden rule is that if it's posted on Bluemoon then the opposite is true.

yeah I am beginning to see that unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

the blue moon fan-boys believe the techincal difficulties are waiting for Teves' picture to be up on the homepage.

Ya, coz it doesn't take 2 seconds to put on a picture on a website.

I don't think the problem would be the uploading more the staging of the photo, as in getting him there.

but its prob a nonsense anyway.

Website's up and running.

Looks good, particularly the player profiles section.

www.mcfc.co.uk

• Advertisement

Jaysus, Jonno's turned into a right porker!

JOHNSON_800x700.ashx?as=0&dmc=0&mh=700&mw=800&thn=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Website's up and running.

Looks good, particularly the player profiles section.

www.mcfc.co.uk
    Had a wee look, not bad at all. Very tidy and sleek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

man - i thought we would announce 97million new players today

what a let down :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Lol the golden rule is that if it's posted on Bluemoon then the opposite is true.

God I remember I had a serious laugh reading that site in the days before Kaka was supposedly on his way to City. The whole board was taken in by some guy who claimed to be friends with the Arabs, who assured them Kaka was a done deal. Great few days' entertainment was had.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

the new site looks nice alright.

hope we sign some decent defenders soon. in fairness while tevez and and etoo and the like would be class we need something in defence if we want to improve on last year.

Edit: LOL, if you look at the player profiles we have almost as many strikers as defenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Johnson does look rather different that I remember him, I hope he sorts himself out because he's a fantastic talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

Johnson does look rather different that I remember him, I hope he sorts himself out because he's a fantastic talent.

My brother was telling me that he is fond of beer? That coupled with the injury must be holding him . I thought he was one of the most exciting midfielders around, really hope he makes it back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Had heard reports of him out on the beer in Manchester alright. Probably a spot of depression over the injury coupled with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is he fit again?

new home kit looks really good, at least the clips of it on the site do. looking forward to 18 july.

saw a car n town yesterday with a reg plate M4I7 CTY, thought it was cool.

• Advertisement

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/04/fergie-a-liar-claims-tevez-115875-21493552/
    Carlos Tevez brands Fergie a 'liar' and vows revenge

By Martin Lipton 4/07/2009

Carlos Tevez has branded Sir Alex Ferguson a "liar" - and vowed Premier League revenge on the Manchester United manager.

Tevez (inset) is set to be unveiled at Manchester City after turning down the chance to stay at Old Trafford.

And the Argentine hit-man blamed Fergie's "lies" over his status in the champions' squad after last year's £30million signing of Dimitar Berbatov for driving him out of United.

Now Tevez, a huge favourite with the United fans, has promised to make Ferguson pay for the insult.

Tevez, who rejected the chance to stay at United even though the club met his £25.5m asking price, said: "Ferguson still believes I will be at United next season. He thinks I will return.

"But I know what I want and I know that Ferguson did not respect me as a player. Before Berbatov arrived in Manchester, Ferguson told me, 'You will still be the starting striker, so be cool'. But he lied to me! That is why I know I will not return to United.

"What I want to do next season is score against United. I promise I will not celebrate in front of the United fans but I will shout in Ferguson's face.

"You can be sure of that - and it will be one of the most beautiful things I have done in football."

Lol, I love him already! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Ferguson told me, 'You will still be the starting striker, so be cool'

Sounds like old scottish slang alright.:rolleyes: I'm about 87% sure this ain't true.

Running to the opposition manager and shouting in their face really shows class too.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2516372/City-offer-JT-300k-a-wk.html
    JOHN TERRY has been offered a record-busting £300,000-A-WEEK to join Manchester City.

The future of the Chelsea and England skipper is now on a knife-edge.
    Terry, 28, has been blown away by City's offer, which is worth a mind-blowing £15.6million-a-year.
    But it is a measure of how boss Mark Hughes views the centre-back as crucial to City's development.
    Terry would become easily the world's highest-paid player. His salary would dwarf even that of the footballer closest to him - Cristiano Ronaldo, on £255,000-a- week at Real Madrid.
    Hughes reckons Terry is the key to City bursting into the Premier League's top four and becoming one of Europe's leading clubs.
    The Welshman is convinced he can get a good five years out of the centre-back, despite some of the injury problems he has suffered in the last couple of seasons, and has long had him on his radar.
    City failed with a move for Terry last season and, though the latest £30m offer has been firmly rejected by Chelsea, SunSport understands the pursuit is far from over.
    In fact, the Londoners are bracing themselves for another bid in the region of £40m.
    Sources close to Terry say the player is beginning to wonder whether Chelsea really want him as much as they claim and admit he has been impressed by the faith Hughes has in him.
    SunSport can reveal Terry has had no contact with incoming manager Carlo Ancelotti since the Italian got the job and is worried that his influence at Stamford Bridge could be on the wane.
    Terry has become more than just the skipper at Chelsea. He was almost on the board and was the link-man between the players and the hierarchy.

I know it's only the ****ty Sun, but it made me chuckle when I saw it on BBC's gossip page so I said i'd post it up.

Well we have made a second official bid for Terry, and are apparently pushing Chelsea hard so it's not far off the mark.

How can push Chelsea hard though? Out of pride, Roman will tell ye to F Off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

JPA wrote: »

It will be kinda up to Terry and Ancellotti though as well. Its good money for someone who has been a bit prone to injuries the last few years. Also maybe Ancellotti fancies bringing in a few italian centre halfs.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    It will be kinda up to Terry and Ancellotti though as well. Its good money for someone who has been a bit prone to injuries the last few years. Also maybe Ancellotti fancies bringing in a few italian centre halfs.

No, I think everything that happens at Chelsea is up to Abramovich.

All it will take is for JT to see dollar signs and hand in a transfer request. He's 28 as well so can buy out his own contract if he so wishes.

All it will take is for JT to see dollar signs and hand in a transfer request. He's 28 as well so can buy out his own contract if he so wishes.

That requires the player to join a foreign team AFAIK.
    Also, Terry would never hand in a transfer request to tarnish his reputation at Chelsea.

Now this transfer may happen but would be completely outrageous if it did.

edit Because I'm not too sure about that webster ruling. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

City should go for Carvalho, much more realistic target.

IvySlayer wrote: »

better player too.

one thing i dont get about this is how we can offer a player any money without getting permission from his club to speak to him, smells of BS tbh. same with the stratospheric offer for etoo, how would barca know what were offering. its jus paper talk.

bigstar wrote: »
    better player too.

one thing i dont get about this is how we can offer a player any money without getting permission from his club to speak to him, smells of BS tbh. same with the stratospheric offer for etoo, how would barca know what were offering. its jus paper talk.

Intentional media leaks, from either side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

bigstar wrote: »
    better player too.

This talk excites players though. Man City could have tipped off any paper to say Terry could be earning x amount every week.

Couldn't have been arsed getting the Spurs thread tbh...

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has admitted Manchester City beat him to Gareth Barry and Roque Santa Cruz...

Harry Redknapp haz cash - but not enough :pac:

Intentional media leaks, from either side.
    This talk excites players though. Man City could have tipped off any paper to say Terry could be earning x amount every week.

yeah maybe or maybe its just BS. most of the deals weve done so far have been done quitely and quickly or at least quick enough to only be news after they were done. tbh i dont see us getting terry or etoo or whoever because were not in europe next year. i see a few shrewd deals being done.

as for dunne going i cant see it happening, defence is an area we need more players not less. if we got tevez id say we have enough attacking players. not sure about lescott either, he reminds of richards, big and strong but maybe lacking technically and mentally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

its worth considering also that if terry gets a new contract, Lampard and Ballck have their wages tied to the top earner at the club - so IF terry tries to get bumped to what city are maybe offering - it costs chelsea more than just HIS wages

I'm interested to see how this pans out - i think Terry would be foolish to switch BUT the noise is that he is aggravated with the chelsea heirarchy, management style etc

City end Eto'o interest, from their offal.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/July/City-end-Etoo-chase

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superhands

agreed - better player too IMO

Tevez to sign by Tuesday aswell supposedly

not looking good for Bellamy - where will he fit in ?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

on the same day Eto'o finally decided to leave Barcelona

could regret it - can't see anyone else offering him £200k a week

• Advertisement

Superhands wrote: »
    on the same day Eto'o finally decided to leave Barcelona

could regret it - can't see anyone else offering him £200k a week

link?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Having paid 15 million for an injury prone welshman in january and now signing santa cruz and tevez and having robinho aswell does this mean that the 15million injury prone welshman was signed as a reserve?

link?

here

Ok, the Daily Mail. the only proper link so far is that he isn't joining City.

Ok, the Daily Mail. the only proper link so far is that he isn't joining City.

it was in the catalan press too supposedly, in Sport although i haven't seen that

also supposedly a radio story with his agent saying laporta hadn't tried to phone him

it was in the catalan press too supposedly, in Sport although i haven't seen that

also supposedly a radio story with his agent saying laporta hadn't tried to phone him

I saw a story that his phone was switched off...

I saw a story that his phone was switched off...

Anyone concerned that Samuel Eto'o is not the right player forManchester City needs to familiarise themselves with one salient fact: the Cameroonian striker revealed in a Match! magazine interview that the Mill happened to read many moons ago that he is the proud owner of over 400 mobile phones. Now we ask you: who could be a more perfect flag-bearer for the new Manchester City than a man who buys over 400 mobile phones?

Does he have them all set to the same number? Surely not, for then calling him would risk triggering a sound explosion loud enough to deafen even Lemmy. So does he carry them all around with him at the same time, not knowing on which number he will receive a call? Improbable, because the mobility of mobile phones is not subject to synergy: quite the opposite, in fact, as the more you have the less mobile they collectively become – which raises the question: how many mobile phones do you have to have before your phones become sedentary? Next time you dial a wrong number put that question to whoever answers – because statistically, if you've missed your intended callee, you're more likely to have dialled Eto'o than anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Micah Richards contracted swine flu while on holiday in Cyprus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Micah Richards contracted swine flu while on holiday in Cyprus.

At first he thought it may be alcohol poisoning never a good sign for a pro footballer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

The staff at Lifestyle tell me they won't be stocking the new shirt when it's released. Anybody know who will be doing it? (other than pay 10 p&p to get it online that is).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement