Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superhands

Anyone concerned that Samuel Eto'o is not the right player forManchester City needs to familiarise themselves with one salient fact: the Cameroonian striker revealed in a Match! magazine interview that the Mill happened to read many moons ago that he is the proud owner of over 400 mobile phones. Now we ask you: who could be a more perfect flag-bearer for the new Manchester City than a man who buys over 400 mobile phones?

Does he have them all set to the same number? Surely not, for then calling him would risk triggering a sound explosion loud enough to deafen even Lemmy. So does he carry them all around with him at the same time, not knowing on which number he will receive a call? Improbable, because the mobility of mobile phones is not subject to synergy: quite the opposite, in fact, as the more you have the less mobile they collectively become – which raises the question: how many mobile phones do you have to have before your phones become sedentary? Next time you dial a wrong number put that question to whoever answers – because statistically, if you've missed your intended callee, you're more likely to have dialled Eto'o than anyone else.

that story about the 400 mobile phones is true apparently

I don't think he's not the type player City need - there is obviousy something bad in the relationship between Barca and him and he could turn into another Robinho (underwhelming, here for the money only). I'm also not convinced he would thrive in the more physical English game

City need to be careful and sign players with good attitudes - Tevez is certainly one of these (look how he fought at West Ham), Kaka would have been too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

First preseason friendly was played in Germany -

1860 Munich 1 Manchester City 1

Starting line up: Taylor, Trippier, Mcdonald, Mee, Mcgivern, Zabaleta, Clayton, Weiss, Ireland, Petrov, Bojinov.

Subs: Logan, Videl, Marshall, McDermott, Benjani, Etuhu, Schmeichel, Nelson.

Highlights -

http://www.eyep.tv/beitrag/2-bundesliga/video/ein-blaues-auge-fuer-die-blues-1-hz.html

http://www.eyep.tv/beitrag/2-bundesliga/video/ein-blaues-auge-fuer-die-blues-2-hz.html

Good to see Superman with the armband

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Superhands wrote: »
    that story about the 400 mobile phones is true apparently

I don't think he's not the type player City need - there is obviousy something bad in the relationship between Barca and him and he could turn into another Robinho (underwhelming, here for the money only). I'm also not convinced he would thrive in the more physical English game

City need to be careful and sign players with good attitudes - Tevez is certainly one of these (look how he fought at West Ham), Kaka would have been too

Tevez? Good attitude?:rolleyes: You must be unfamiliar with his departure from his last club.

Tevez? Good attitude?:rolleyes: You must be unfamiliar with his departure from his last club.

Ah yes, a departure form a club who treated him like shit when all he wanted to do was play for them.

Tevez - grade A wanker :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah yes, a departure form a club who treated him like shit when all he wanted to do was play for them.

Tevez - grade A wanker :rolleyes:

I don't wanna go through every little detail again, cos it's probably been done at least a thousand times. It was more the fact that he tried very blatantly to turn the fans on the manager, and has come out with some unnecessary quotes since. I just think he has the wrong people advising him, or associates with the wrong people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

xavi any chance of terry coming to city ?

2/1 on pp atm

I don't wanna go through every little detail again, cos it's probably been done at least a thousand times. It was more the fact that he tried very blatantly to turn the fans on the manager, and has come out with some unnecessary quotes since. I just think he has the wrong people advising him, or associates with the wrong people.

If he felt he hadn't been treated fairly he's entitled to say so, especially if it impacted his decision to stay at the club.

I bet if he said nothing then United fans would be baffled as to why he didn't sign.
    Headshot wrote: »
    xavi any chance of terry coming to city ?

2/1 on pp atm

No chance. Same as the Eto'o and Kaka fiascos. We'll offer a massive amount, the player will want more, and we'll refuse. They then won't come for what we offer because we're not in Europe.

All we're gonna get this summer are players from clubs/similar worse than us or mercenaries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Deleted from the transfer rumours thread . . .

As individuals, Manchester City now have two teams that could play in the Premier League, that's a scary strength in depth, even before they consider Adebayor or Tevez

Team 1
    GK - Given
    LB - Bridge
    CB - Richards
    CB - Kompany
    RB - Zabaleta
    LW - Petrov
    CM - Barry
    CM - de Jong
    RW - Ireland
    ST - Santa Cruz
    ST - Robinho

Team 2
    GK - Hart
    LB - Garrido
    CB - Dunne
    CB - Ben Haim
    RB - Onuha
    LW - Caicedo
    CM - Johnson
    CM - Elano
    RW - SWP
    ST - Bellamy
    ST - Bojinov

There are no more excuses for Mark Hughes. If he can't secure Champions League, he should be sent out on his ear.

Just realised poor Benjani doesn't even make the reserves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The story of Eto'o's phones isn't that weird, it's like someone having 400 pairs of shoes (plenty of rich people do) he catalogs them in a locker and then uses a different one each day, it's like having a lot of t-shirts to choose from, **** it, the can afford 400 phones on less than a thirs of a weeks wages ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Tevez deal official now, on SSN. Terms have been agreed and the deal has been ratified fully with the Premier League. Medical in the morning then he'll fly out with the squad to South Africa. Really pleased with signing this guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Given
    Zabaleta -- Dunne -- Onuoha -- Bridge
    De Jong

Ireland
    Barry

Tevez
    Robinho---
    Santa Cruz

That's a finely balanced looking team now. Santa Cruz being the most important addition i think as the TM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

where is Adebayour gonna play?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Vokes wrote: »

Given
    Zabaleta -- Dunne -- Onuoha -- Bridge
    De Jong

Ireland
    Barry

Tevez
    Robinho---
    Santa Cruz

That's a finely balanced looking team now. Santa Cruz being the most important addition i think as the TM.

You're dead right, that is a good team but the bench would be my worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

What about SWP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

7 man bench looks pretty strong - Taylor, Richards, Garrido, Elano, SWP, Bellamy, Bojinov.

And then there's Kompany to come back from injury who i guess will displace one of the 2 CBs.

• Advertisement

Vokes wrote: »
    7 man bench looks pretty strong - Taylor, Richards, Garrido, Elano, SWP, Bellamy, Bojinov.

And then there's Kompany to come back from injury who i guess will displace one of the 2 CBs.

Bonjiov has hardly played a game for them

Bellamy is too inconsistant and could more than likely leave

I've never really rated Garrido much

Richards would not be too happy at being left on the bench and might have to leave to help his England carreer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Is Tevez a Man City player or still a loan player like at Man U?

City player according to SSN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

City are looking like a quality team now.. Not far off United tbh minus the defence.

Time to order that number 32 shirt :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

lol Adebayor, need a big name waterboy now too?

At least the City reserves will destroy their league this year :). You's will be dangerous from the 10/11 season, this season will probably be too soon to take a top 4 spot. Going to be a very interesting season in Manchester for both sides i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    City are looking like a quality team now.. Not far off United tbh minus the defence.

I laughed hard.

super-rush wrote: »
    You're dead right, that is a good team but the centre of defence and Tevez playing wide right would be my worry.
    Fixed.

I see we're attracting United fans to the thread now going by the above :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with that :rolleyes:

CHD wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that :rolleyes:

And Chelsea as well?! Shit, we really are moving up in the world.

And Chelsea as well?! Shit, we really are moving up in the world.
    Yeah, you might nick 5th now ;)

I see we're attracting United fans to the thread now going by the above :rolleyes:

Haha, it must be nice to be finally relevant.:pac:

But seriously, centre back must surely be strengthened with one or two more, no? And Tevez on the right is really not an option.

ct_800.ashx?as=0&dmc=0&h=450&thn=0&w=800

New squad numbers out too -

1 Shay GIVEN (GK)
    2 Micah RICHARDS
    3 Wayne BRIDGE
    4 Nedum ONUOHA
    5 Pablo ZABALETA
    6 Michael JOHNSON
    7 Stephen IRELAND
    8 Shaun WRIGHT-PHILLIPS
    9 Valeri BOJINOV
    10 ROBINHO
    11 ELANO Blumer
    12 Stuart TAYLOR (GK)
    14 Roque SANTA CRUZ
    15 Javier GARRIDO (J.GARRIDO)
    16 Kasper SCHMEICHEL (GK)
    17 Martin PETROV
    18 Gareth BARRY
    20 Felipe CAICEDO
    22 Richard DUNNE
    23 RETIRED
    24 Ched EVANS
    26 BEN HAIM Tal
    27 BENJANI Mwaruwari
    29 Kelvin ETUHU
    30 Shaleum LOGAN
    31 Adam CLAYTON
    32 Carlos TEVEZ
    33 Vincent KOMPANY
    34 Nigel DE JONG
    35 Scott KAY
    36 Javan VIDAL
    37 Gunnar NIELSEN (GK)
    39 Craig BELLAMY
    40 Vladimir WEISS
    41 Ben MEE
    42 Karl MOORE
    43 Clayton MCDONALD
    44 Dedryck BOYATA
    45 Gregory CUNNINGHAM
    46 Paul MARSHALL
    47 James POOLE
    48 Abdisalam IBRAHIM
    49 Donal MCDERMOTT
    50 Ryan MCGIVERN
    51 Robert MAK
    52 Alex TCHUIMENI-NIMLEY
    53 David BALL
    54 Kieran TRIPPIER
    55 Andrew TUTTE
    57 Tobias JOHANSEN (GK)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

That really is incredible, about 35 established Premier League players to choose from.

tevezsigns_666x450_845468a.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tevezsigns_666x450_845468a.jpg

Im asssuming he is 100% Citys Kia is now fully out of the question right?

That really is incredible, about 35 established Premier League players to choose from.

Exaggerate much? Its a massive squad but they're not all established Premiership players.

Any truth in the rumours Ched Evans is off to Villa for 6 mill?

Thats the one sad side to all of this, all the hard work that went into developing that fantastic youth set up is going to get swallowed up by all the expensive signings.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Robinho Adebayour Tevez Santa Cruz.How they all gonna fit it seems that he came for the money as he is not exactly in a different situation than he was in at Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ecoli wrote: »
    Robinho Adebayour Tevez.How they all gonna fit it seems that he came for the money as he is not exactly in a different situation than he was in at Utd.

not to forget santa cruz and bellamy, i want to see city play them all at the same time, it sure would make for great entertainment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Im asssuming he is 100% Citys Kia is now fully out of the question right?

He is now owned in full by City, I believe the whole process of ratifying the deal with the FA to ensure there was no West Ham-esque dodgyness was one of the reasons it has taken so long. Alas, Mr Joorabchian is far from out of the question at City. He was acting in an advisorial role in the failed Kaka transfer and with all that loot floating around the club it would appear he has gotten his feet under the table so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

rossie1977 wrote: »
    not to forget santa cruz and bellamy, i want to see city play them all at the same time, it sure would make for great entertainment

with the way the defence played at times last year that could be a very strong possibility if they dont get terry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Advertisement

ecoli wrote: »
    Robinho Adebayour Tevez Santa Cruz.How they all gonna fit it seems that he came for the money as he is not exactly in a different situation than he was in at Utd.

Hes in arguably a worse position, actually. More players competing for the same position, with those 4 plus Bellamy and SWP competing for the front three places. Factor in the fact that City aren't in Europe and are less likely than United to advance to the latter stages of cup competitions means less games to play in as well. How long before he starts moaning again?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

1 Shay GIVEN (GK)
    2 Micah RICHARDS
    3 Wayne BRIDGE
    4 Nedum ONUOHA
    5 Pablo ZABALETA
    6 Michael JOHNSON
    7 Stephen IRELAND
    8 Shaun WRIGHT-PHILLIPS
    9 Valeri BOJINOV
    10 ROBINHO
    11 ELANO Blumer
    12 Stuart TAYLOR (GK)
    14 Roque SANTA CRUZ
    17 Martin PETROV
    18 Gareth BARRY
    20 Felipe CAICEDO
    22 Richard DUNNE
    26 BEN HAIM Tal
    32 Carlos TEVEZ
    33 Vincent KOMPANY
    34 Nigel DE JONG
    39 Craig BELLAMY

23 players with a good chance of 1st team action... adebayor in makes 24...

Change 1 or 2 CB's and I think it's a top 6 squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Some of those players would be idiots to rot in City's reserves, regardless of the mad wages they might be on. Expect to see the likes of SWP and Johnson to get itchy feet soon.

Savman wrote: »
    Some of those players would be idiots to rot in City's reserves, regardless of the mad wages they might be on. Expect to see the likes of SWP and Johnson to get itchy feet soon.
    Fellas like Bojinov, Johnsen, Bellamy, Caicedo, Benjani and Elano will certainly play very few games next year and will be looking elsewhere either now or January. Seems like Johnsen has already started comfort eating at the thought.:pac:

The one good knock on effect for other Prem clubs is the chance to pick up decent players like those above at a reasonable price as City look to cut numbers in the squad.

Benjani would be a good signing for one of the newly promoted clubs.

1 Shay GIVEN (GK)
    2 Micah RICHARDS
    3 Wayne BRIDGE
    4 Nedum ONUOHA
    5 Pablo ZABALETA
    6 Michael JOHNSON
    7 Stephen IRELAND
    8 Shaun WRIGHT-PHILLIPS
    9 Valeri BOJINOV
    10 ROBINHO
    11 ELANO Blumer
    12 Stuart TAYLOR (GK)
    14 Roque SANTA CRUZ
    17 Martin PETROV
    18 Gareth BARRY
    20 Felipe CAICEDO
    22 Richard DUNNE
    26 BEN HAIM Tal
    32 Carlos TEVEZ
    33 Vincent KOMPANY
    34 Nigel DE JONG
    39 Craig BELLAMY

Change 1 or 2 CB's and I think it's a top 6 squad

Take out Ben Haim who should be gone and Schmeichel who will only feature if there's serious goalkeeping issues and it makes 21. Caicedo may go out on loan, and Johnson's fitness is very questionable so that leaves 19.

Hardly a massive squad by any means, especially when Boj, Bellamy and Santa Cruz have all had serious injuries, and Kompany will miss the start of the season.

• Advertisement

Take out Ben Haim who should be gone and Schmeichel who will only feature if there's serious goalkeeping issues and it makes 21. Caicedo may go out on loan, and Johnson's fitness is very questionable so that leaves 19.

Hardly a massive squad by any means, especially when Boj, Bellamy and Santa Cruz have all had serious injuries, and Kompany will miss the start of the season.

Its too top-heavy with strikers though in fairness. There's 5 out and out strikers in there with Adebayor apparently on the way. If City line up with just one up front supported by two wide men, they don't need 6 players for one spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Is Tevez still "owned " by Kia whathisname? Or is he just his agent?
    Or is it all a bit questionable? Like could City sell Tevez tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Bellamy linked with move to sunderland.
    They'll love that.

ALREADY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

when are we going to start signing some defenders. we definitely need one very good centre half because if dunne or richards play like they did last year we are in trouble, in fact id say if richards plays at all we might be in trouble. come on carvahlo were richer than chelsea.

lots of traffic here these days. dont suppose anyones buying the new geansai this weekend, nicest one for years id say.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement