Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Don't get me wrong, Citeh would be my 2nd team and it was good to see them win, but we couldnt help but notice the apparent cracks that began to show. I was with 3 other City fans and we all thought the football on display is not befitting such a super stadium, and on the local bus after the game all the aul fellas with season tickets were saying there's no difference in performances under Sven to those under Pearce, except that somehow Eriksson grinds out all those 1-0's even if they are undeserved. Suppose that's a good thing though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

well winning ugly is usually a sign of a good team. it was an awful awful game but at least we're winning, under pearse it would have been 0-0 or else sunderland would have won. i think pompey away will be a big test for us given the way they're playing, if we get anything out of the game i'll be delighted and start to allow myself to believe that we could be onto something significant this season.
    the team looked jaded or disinterested on monday, was like a training session or pre-season game, no tackles, no passion. they'll need to be a lot more up for it this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Poxy b*stards....
    Adriano: Manchester City Are My First Choice

Adriano has revealed that he will be quitting Inter in the winter transfer window and that Manchester City is his first choice as he eyes a swap deal with Rolando Bianchi.

The Brazilian's future at the Italian giants has been the subject of fierce debate in recent days, but he has now set his sights on a move to the Premiership.

While the Citizens are keen on taking Adriano to Eastlands, Inter are hoping to include Bianchi as part of a swap deal as the striker is keen to return to Serie A.

Sven Gorän-Eriksson has not stated publicly that he wants Adriano, but the troubled forward has explained that the Swede is part of the attraction of moving to City.

"I have spoken to the club and I am moving on in January," Adriano is quoted in the News of the World.

"My first choice is Manchester City and Eriksson, and I know Inter like Bianchi."

The English club's new owner, Thaksin Shinawatra, admitted that Manchester City's squad would be strengthened in January, but said it was down to Eriksson who came in.

"We will invest in the team in the January window if we see the right player at the right price," he said.

"I know that Sven has some ideas and I will continue to give him the support he needs."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I wonder could Adriano revitalise his career, if so City are onto a great deal here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Thats what Im afraid of. :(

Adriano, Petrov, Elano, Bojinov, Richards, Dunne that would be some nucleus of a team really, Sven could really transform this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Do we really need a fat drunk at our club when we've gotten rid of our last trouble maker? Probably not and a lot of City fans have reacted negatively to this rumour. I'm sceptical myself. Great player and all that but don't know if I want the baggage or the attention if/when he flops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

New Manchester City signing Suree Sukha admits his first weeks at Eastlands have been tough.

"I'm not tough enough for the physical challenges in the Premier League," the Thailand full-back. "I'm also awkward in the air and still have problems in communicating with City players."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=68979
    lol

Meh he's just the next Sun Jihai. All for marketing purposes really. He won't actually play except for preseason friendlies in his home country. Good bit of business.

A currently unnameable source hhas informed me that City have lined up their first signing of the transfer window. Nery Castillo will join from Olympiakos on an initial six month loan deal with the move being made permanent in the summer. He's a young behind the front man type player who has lit up the Greek league. Coupled with Elano we may switch to a Christmas tree formation now that Bianchi has shown his a ability to play the lone striker role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A currently unnameable source hhas informed me that City have lined up their first signing of the transfer window. Nery Castillo will join from Olympiakos on an initial six month loan deal with the move being made permanent in the summer. He's a young behind the front man type player who has lit up the Greek league. Coupled with Elano we may switch to a Christmas tree formation now that Bianchi has shown his a ability to play the lone striker role.

Looks likely he'll be registered in time for the Newcastle game. Super little player, fingers crossed he settles better than he has at Shaktar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Castillo fell out with his manager after demanding to take a peno when Lucarelli was the usual peno taker and missing. He came off the bench against Celtic this season and looked class. Shakhtar have said they'll loan him out for €5m a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

hmmmm...youtube links for players. you're either Sven or a part of Citeh's recruitment team? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Castillo is a done deal, looks like he paid most of the loan fee himself to secure the move!

Official Site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Saw Castillo a few times in the underage World Cup during the summer (can't remember what level, was it U19?)

He looked a class act. He'd be a good signing for City.

Good player, the future is looking promising for City fans!

He paid most of the fee himself? That just really can't be true. We're talking millions here. If it wasn't a significant sum I don't think City would have had a problem paying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Elano back for tonights game.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

0-2 to a ten man Spurs. There goes the home record.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Saw Castillo a few times in the underage World Cup during the summer (can't remember what level, was it U19?)

He looked a class act. He'd be a good signing for City.

It actually was the Copa America. But yeah he was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Poltergoose

Yeah Castillo looks like a real live wire, I reckon he could work well with Bianchi.Also we still dont know what Bojinov can do yet, so his return will be like a new signing.
    Not holding out much hope for the weekend ,villa look stronger every time I see them, i'd look at a draw as a very good result.
    I've not been this excited about a transfer window in a long time, goes to show how far we have come when you consider some of the names being linked with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rolando Bianchi is more likely to be leaving than getting a new partner.

Some players just can't cope with different culture (and food)

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2233107,00.html

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

And Adriano is gone to Sao Paulo til the end of the season, that puts that rumour to bed.

I think Adrianos plight is perhaps the biggest good to bad transition in football at least in the past decade. Denlison was another one.

mike65 wrote: »
    Rolando Bianchi is more likely to be leaving than getting a new partner.

Some players just can't cope with different culture (and food)

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2233107,00.html

Mike.

This would be the same player who came out on the official club site and denied all rumours that he's unhappy. I think I know which source I'll be believing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Dunne was superb today. Really class. Forget how quick he actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

+1. Quality player. I dont think it's too much of a stretch to say at his best he's almost a World Class defender. Jamie Redknapp admitted as much post-match "could get into any team in the country".

he isnt far off, not sure if he is among the top top defenders, but i dont watch enough of him to comment definatively. super today though. arsehole ;)

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/01/09/SOCCER_Man_City.html&TEAMHD=soccer

SPECIAL CITY KIT FOR DERBY GAME

Manchester City's shirt sponsors and manufacturer will have their branding removed from the kit worn in the Munich anniversary derby on February 10 at Old Trafford.

The decision by Thomas Cook.com and Le Coq Sportif came after talks between the companies and the supporters.

Producing a kit that will incorporate a black ribbon of remembrance is just one of the initiatives City have adopted ahead of the match against Manchester United.

Other plans for the joint marking of the 50th anniversary of the tragedy on February 6 are expected to be announced shortly.

City spokesman Paul Tyrrell told the Manchester Evening News: "After discussions with the Official Supporters' Club and the Centenary Supporters' Association both Thomas Cook and Le Coq Sportif offered to remove branding from the shirts.

"Le Coq are happy to produce a unique kit for the occasion."

All 3,000 City fans who get a ticket for the game will receive a letter from manager Sven Goran-Eriksson and skipper Richard Dunne as well as a picture of goalkeeper-turned-journalist Frank Swift, who died in the plane crash.

Eriksson asks all supporters to "uphold the good name of Manchester City and respectfully support the commemorations".

Really can't wait for this game. I'd say it'll be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That's nice, no sponsors for that game on either kits. There's still the issue of a minutes silence, I wonder has it been resolved yet.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    That's nice, no sponsors for that game on either kits. There's still the issue of a minutes silence, I wonder has it been resolved yet.

Well the City fans certainly don't feel it's 'nice'. I couldn't post most of what they are saying. Here's taste though from one of the fan sites I use -
    This kit we are doing is direct response to what the rags are doing and yes we have been pushed into it,at first it was just a little bit of text under the badge now its no sponsors,kit makers mark,whats next? No team? City must send out a reserve team becuase how dare they win on such a tragic day.

Personally I don't agree with him. I like the idea of a nostalgic feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What kind of idiot is that Xavi?

Does he not realise that it affected Man City too? Indeed, the whole city of Manchester ffs.

Clown.

DesF wrote: »
    What kind of idiot is that Xavi?

Does he not realise that it affected Man City too? Indeed, the whole city of Manchester ffs.

Clown.

Couldn't agree more Des. Unfortunately the majority of posters on that board are of the same mental capacity. It's actually embarrassing to be associated with 'fans' like that.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1031644_dunne_eyes_champions_league

Dunne eyes Champions League

Chris Bailey
    11/ 1/2008

CITY skipper Richard Dunne believes the Blues should set their sights on the Champions League.

Whilst manager Sven-Goran Eriksson prefers to keep his aims close to his chest, his captain has no reservations in shooting for the stars when it comes to a Premier League finishing slot.

Dunne, named Thomas Cook Player of the Month for December, says he has not seen five Premier League sides better than City so far this season and that the platform they have given themselves in the first half of the campaign ought to give everyone at Eastlands confidence to chase a top four place.

The 28-year-old Republic of Ireland international reckons that if one of the big four is hounded down by a hungry chasing pack containing City, Everton, Villa and Portsmouth, then it is likely to be Liverpool who are the most vulnerable.

"Liverpool are the one of the big four who have not pulled away from the rest of the hopefuls and we feel we have as much chance as them as getting fourth position," said Dunne.

"We all came off the pitch after the recent game against Liverpool and, though they dominated a lot of the play, we thought that they were not much better than us even though they are clearly a Champions League side.

"There was a confidence boost from that game and that was lifted again by the following two away results at Newcastle and in the FA Cup at West Ham.

"Everyone hopes we can stay in fourth place but it is a lot easier to say than do. We have big test on our hands at Everton tomorrow because, as much as we want to stay in the top four, if we don't get things right at Goodison we could soon find ourselves down in seventh or eighth spot.

Ambitions

"We have to try and take fourth spot. I don't think there are five better teams than us in the Premier League but it is all so close that on the day any team can beat another.

"You have to take each game as it comes and prepare correctly for all of them. If we want to fulfil our ambitions then we cannot let standards drop.

"At the moment, there is the top three and then there is Liverpool who we are above in the table although they have a game in hand.

"We would say we have had a great season so far and they would probably say they have not. They will be the team the rest of us will be trying to catch."

Dunne is wary of his former club Everton from whom Joe Royle bought him for £3m some seven years ago. He accepts that they too will be thinking of finishing in the top six - at worst.

"Everton have the same ambitions as us and they will be fancying their chances of leap ing over us," continued the City skipper.

"They will consider us one of their challengers but we feel we have improved our away form and though tomorrow's game is difficult, we feel confident going into it and we feel we can win it.

"We want to finish in the top six at the end of the season. We want one big prize at the end of the season, European football.

"As players you are never completely satisfied. As a team we have got our limitations and as players we have too but we al ways try and push ourselves every week to be the best we can and if there are eleven of us do ing that at the same time then it is only good for club. It sounds simple but we feel that we have conceded silly goals recently and missed chances that should have been taken. The top teams are masters at making sure at one end the mistakes are minimal and at the other end they turn their chances into goals and score when they need to."

Dunne still says he has a place in his heart for the Toffees who gave him his break in En glish football but all sentiment will tomorrow be left on the City team bus.

"They gave me my first chance and most of what I know I learned there, so it is a club that I will always hold in high regard," he concluded.

THE reserve team player of the month prize went to winger Karl Moore whilst the Academy winner was goalscoring sensa tion David Ball who has already bagged 17 this term for the youth team and second string.

What a man. Leads by example and says all the right things. I'd like to say he's going higher in my estimation but he got to the top a long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

What a man. Leads by example and says all the right things. I'd like to say he's going higher in my estimation but he got to the top a long time ago.

Dunne is a mountain at the back, biggest mistake we ever made selling him. although 3 mil looked a good price at that point for the pie eating, mistake prone Big Rich, he's matured into a top class defender. There are very few better than him in the PL.

Hopefully he won't do enough to stop us winning on the weekend though :D

I was away for three weeks there over Christmas and heard nothing about this -

From the 3am section of the News of the World c. Dec 23 -
    ENGLAND ace Micah Richards has been caught ‘roasting' a young girl fan in a sick sex video passed to the News of the World.

The Manchester City star and a Premier League pal filmed themselves on a mobile phone during the depraved hotel toilet romp in the latest scandal to rock English soccer.

Richards is today exposed as a vile animal captured on video "roasting" a teenage fan in a toilet with a pal.

The star player and his Premier League friend, grinning broadly with debauched pleasure, have sex with the girl at the same time while filming themselves on a mobile phone.

The sickening video of Manchester City defender Richards was handed to the News of the World in the week that soccer's reputation hit rock bottom after allegations of rape and roasting at rival club Man United's Christmas party.

The film of Richards' roasting—a sick act which involves one man having sex with a woman from behind while she gives a second oral sex—was passed on to friends' mobiles by the swaggering pair.

In the clip, the 19-year-old player, one of England's brightest young stars, smiles directly at the camera over the girl's back.

Dressed in a white T-shirt, jeans and a leather jacket, he shakes his head around as his pal films him with his trousers down behind the girl.

Richards is wearing distinctive jewellery including a silver ring, earrings and necklace.

Then the other smiling soccer player, who is naked from the waist up, moves the phone lens onto his own private parts in the most sickening footage —and also films the girl giving him oral sex, reflected in a large mirror in what appears to be a hotel's disabled toilet.

The girl—a brunette naked from the waist down—moans with pleasure as the players shout: "Does that feel good?" Wearing just a black wool jumper and expensive black earrings, she doesn't stop pleasuring the men—even when a mobile phone rings.

Both players then burst into laughter and one of them says: "Who's ringing you at this time?" Towards the end of the 87 seconds of footage one of the men mumbles something to the other, causing him to shout "F*** that!"

Then as the sleazy session ends, one of the players says something that forces the girl to yell an indignant "Hey!"

Sources who have seen the video reveal the man with Richards—who played for his team against Aston Villa yesterday—is another Premier League player.

The footage is believed to have been shot in Manchester city centre in the last five weeks, near the time England embarrassingly failed to qualify for the European Championships with their defeat to Croatia at Wembley.

One pal told us: "Micah and his mate have been boasting about what they got up to with the girl, they think it is hilarious. You can tell they are both loving it.

"Most of my friends have now got it on their phones. But you can't help thinking they are treating the girl like a piece of meat.

"Even when one of their phones rings they don't stop, they just have a laugh and carry on. They don't really care to be honest, it's just another girl."

Another pal said Richards— said to be seeking an improved £14 million contract at City—is regularly seen in Manchester bars with his roasting accomplice.

He said: "They are so tight it is unbelievable, they do everything together. They have got a lot of money and they know it.

"They dress in flash jewellery and rap star clothes. To be honest they wind a lot of people up but the girls seem to love it."

Richards might care more when he realises how the scandal will put his budding England career at risk under new coach Fabio Capello—a renowned disciplinarian who demands the best behaviour from his players.

Italian Capello has warned that he will subject all England players to a month of intense scrutiny before deciding whether they are deserving of a place in his first squad.

He said: "A place in the national squad has to be deserved, and it will be based on behaviour, play on the field and attitude."

Richards was the youngest defender ever to be called up for England and is now a team regular alongside captain John Terry.

His behaviour will be particularly heartbreaking for his proud dad Lincoln who came to Britain from the West Indies 40 years ago as a seven-year-old. Despite bringing Micah up in the tough Chapeltown area of Leeds, he was sure his son would make a success of his life.

Earlier this year Lincoln said: "There are two roads you can go down, bad or good. I was never concerned about Micah, it was not in his nature."

The player even sees himself as a role model, saying: "To anyone from my area, I always give the advice that if you really want something, just concentrate on it and try to fulfil your dreams."

But our sordid footage reveals the Aston Martin-driving Micah has been drawn into the depraved lifestyle that is tarnishing our national game—and which erupted onto front pages all last week.

:eek: How dare two young men have consenting sex with a female. Disgusting behaviour.

Looks like Sven is passing on more than just on field tips.

Micah needs to get his head down and hopefully it will all blow over......

P.S. the other player is supposedly Ishmael Miller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Indeed, shocking what 19 year olds are up to thse days. Tabloid ****e, I don't Sven gives a ****.

Great to see stuff like that from somebody outside the top 4. It's been a while since I've heard anyone talk like that.

If Diego was to come, as is rumoured, I wouldn't bet against City really pusing for the CL.

eirebhoy wrote: »

See that's what holidays do to you. You miss everything.

Boards: I'm sorry and I'll never leave you again *hug*

Well that is if you don't insult the beloved Keano again.....

If City sign Diego, I will be heading in to get the white away jersey with his name on it.

• Advertisement

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1031644_dunne_eyes_champions_league

I like Dunne.

But this is bull**** and he must know that.

Liverpool were MUCH better than City in that game. Liverpool showed why they are better a team by totally dominating the game. Granted City held on for a point, but it was last gasp stuff and that always happens against the teams just below the top 4.

City played the majority of it with 11 men behind the ball. Hardly the sign of a team that has broken into the top 4, more a sign of a team going well and the moment and clinging to the position they have.

They have made massive improvements this year, and Sven has proved his doubters in the media wrong (which personally, i am delighted about). But they are not yet good enough to finish in the top 4 this year imo. They are in the same bracket as Portsmouth,Everton,Villa and Spurs(?!) for me. Good but not quite good enough.

If City sign Diego, I will be heading in to get the white away jersey with his name on it.

Good luck with that mate. The white jersey was limited edition with only a couple of thousand made. It sold out on its release day in September. Me being a diehard however just forked out a fortune for it on ebay. Well worth it though cause it's beautiful. Got 'Elano 11' on the back and PL badges on the sleeves. Mmmmmm

Nooooooooooo!!! I got the home one for Christmas, don't really know why. I like Man City at the moment, and do like to see them win, but I hated them for like the last two years. Actually liked them under Keegan.

I think that brings end to that, seeing as that purple 'jersey' is perhaps the worst thing I have ever seen. You have it don't you?

Nooooooooooo!!! I got the home one for Christmas, don't really know why. I like Man City at the moment, and do like to see them win, but I hated them for like the last two years. Actually liked them under Keegan.

I think that brings end to that, seeing as that purple 'jersey' is perhaps the worst thing I have ever seen. You have it don't you?

Ha ha I swear I actually don't....yet! It's not THAT bad. Waiting for it to pop up on ebay on the cheap. It's pretty much a carbon copy of our purple jersey from 93 and I have that.

For those of you who didn't see last night's winner here it is.....

http://video.sbs.com.au/player/twg/index.php?channelID=&videoID=

Brave header from Elano. Beautiful play out wide from MOTM Petrov to get the cross over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

For those of you who didn't see last night's winner here it is.....

http://video.sbs.com.au/player/twg/index.php?channelID=&videoID=

Brave header from Elano. Beautiful play out wide from MOTM Petrov to get the cross over.

Just wondering why the crowd was so poor last night?
    Loads of empty seats.

Well as posted in another thread Newcastle only sold 35,000 tickets before the Keegan announcement. Obviously it sold out after.

I think it happens with most clubs for replays. Midweek, mid January, freezing cold etc. Not really a night to bring the kids out. Plus (I think) only two cup games are included in a season ticket so some fans probably want to save them for later rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Maybe something to do with playing West Ham again at the weekend also.

Apparently a deal for Bianchi has been done. He is to leave on loan until the end of the season then we get what we paid for him in the summer. Having now lost Castillo as well to a dislocated shoulder I hope to God Sven has something lined up in the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Well it looks like Castillo will be out for a month after hurting his shoulder. He was poor while he was on though. He's playing against better and more physical defenders in the Premier League, so he must adjust if he wants to be a success.

Thought Micah Richards was excellent for City last night, he's so fast defenders can't get behind him. Ireland was also very good, very tidy passer who rarely lost the ball, thought he linked up well with Elano. Oh, and Bianchi did not look like a player who was fed up with England. He'll never be world class, but he's useful. I can now see why City fans find Petrov to be so infuriating!

Sven really has made Man City his own in such a short space of time. It's incredible, I don't think I saw a single long ball right until City were trying to kill time at the end. With 2-3 good players in the Summer, I can definitely see City contesting a top four spot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement