Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think your name sums things up nicely ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol at the score..

Lol indeed :rolleyes:

Taylor
    Zab Ben Haim McGivern Garrido
    Weiss Ireland Johnson Petrov
    Boj Bellamy

Two of them will be in our first XI come the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Abedayour signed. Great signing, top class player.

Tevez is actually going to play less this season than last season. It's going to be hilarious.

I wonder when City will focus on defenders. They've got up front sorted, and they've got a solid central midfield, if they play Robinho on one wing with SWP on another, they've got quite a bit of talent in the front 6.

The back 4 however are still seriously lacking in it. Still plenty of time in the summer though, and defense is as much about the players as it is about the defensive coach, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol indeed :rolleyes:

Taylor
    Zab Ben Haim McGivern Garrido
    Weiss Ireland Johnson Petrov
    Boj Bellamy

Two of them will be in our first XI come the start of the season.

Ah come on, don't be so touchy..

I am very curious how City will line up this coming season.

They are still desperately in need of central defenders in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Can't believe that this week we've signed Tevez AND Adebayor.

To think that only about 3 years ago we were going into a season with Dickov and Corradi up top.

I'm in shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Yes but in fairness they were right to get the attacking players first as these are typically harder to buy, i am sure they will start snapping up defenders over the coming week(s)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

That seems really strange to me. I dunno why as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    ade1.ashx?as=0&dmc=0&h=450&thn=0&w=800

The invisible man posing with Adebayor at Eastlands??
    If you look closely you can make him out :p

Given

Zabaleta
    Kompany
    Onouha
    Bridge

De Jong

Ireland
    Barry

Tevez
    Robinho

Adebayor

Subs: Taylor, Richards, Dunne, Elano, Wright-Phillips, Bojinov, Santa Cruz

What a team that is! The front 3 is the best I've seen in my 20 years supporting City.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Given

Zabaleta
    Kompany
    Onouha
    Bridge

De Jong

Ireland
    Barry

Tevez
    Robinho

Adebayor

Subs: Taylor, Richards, Dunne, Elano, Wright-Phillips, Bojinov, Santa Cruz

What a team that is! The front 3 is the best I've seen in my 20 years supporting City.

Why do people suddenly think Tevez will be happy starting from a wide right position? Doesn't suit him one bit. Substitute SWP and its a much better balanced team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Lads, Im an Arsenal supporter and Im delighted Ade is gone, absolutely over the moon with 25 million, did ye see him play last season, are ye actually happy with that signing, really??

This may be seen as trolling but I hope he is a massive flop, the guy has just gone for the money, nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

SWP is prob better than Tevez in that position.

I'd expect more of this for most of the league games

Ireland
    Barry
    --SWP
    Tevez
    Robinho-
    Adebayor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

flahavaj wrote: »
    Why do people suddenly think Tevez will be happy starting from a wide right position? Doesn't suit him one bit. Substitute SWP and its a much better balanced team.

However it works Tevez will be playing and starting close to every game.

FearDark wrote: »
    Lads, Im an Arsenal supporter and Im delighted Ade is gone, absolutely over the moon with 25 million, did ye see him play last season, are ye actually happy with that signing, really??

This may be seen as trolling but I hope he is a massive flop, the guy has just gone for the money, nothing else.

I've always liked Adebayor, and yes I watched him frequently last season.

IMO he is lethal. Great strength, touch and skill, knows where the back of the net is, and could easily score 20-odd goals a season.

If your happy to let him go then I'm delighted to have him in our team.

As for the money thing, 'Footballer in liking cash' shocker. So what? He's not an Arsenal fan so doesn't have any loyalty to them. He does a job, and if he can go somewhere and paid more for doing it then good luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

What about the rumours he was a disruptive influence in the dressing room and that the Arsenal players are happy enough to see the back of him? Will be interesting to see how he beds in with this team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

maybe he'll bring bendther with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

IMO he is lethal. Great strength, touch and skill, knows where the back of the net is, and could easily score 20-odd goals a season.

As for the money thing, 'Footballer in liking cash' shocker. So what? He's not an Arsenal fan so doesn't have any loyalty to them. He does a job, and if he can go somewhere and paid more for doing it then good luck to him.

I'm glad he's gone to be honest as he's constantly straying offside, not clinical enough in front of goal and also lazy as hell at times.

That said, he is a good player and has done well for us and most importantly we've made a nice profit on him :D Oh yeah, another African Nations player bites the dust :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

The amount of time the guy ends up in an off side position is incredible and his finishing was awful last season, I'm delighted with the fee, it is not a financial gamble for you guys,if he does not work out the amount means nothing to city, my own view is that he will be a flop, will be very interested to see what your squad will be like at the start of the season and if you are going to sell anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

Boggles wrote: »
    Maybe Ireland just told them what he earns a week. :D

LOL

PS: stay away from Lescott ;)

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    However it works Tevez will be playing and starting close to every game.

He hopes. He REALLY doesn't like being left out you know.:pac:

He is a lazy player. After he scored 30 that one season his "people" conviced him he was something he was not i.e. a world class player, since then he has been edging for a move,he was never committed to Arsenal (A top 3 or 4 club who make C.L. every year) do you think he will be happy at City?

Imo he isnt really that good, any half decent player up front for Arsenal could score more than Ade, he misses more guilt edged chances than he should, if things arent going his way he will throw his hands up in the air and sulk, you will learn to hate him as the Arsenal fans have over the past few months with his constant bitching on and off the field when things arent going his way.

Arrogance, hype, loves his own glory, offensive and stupid. We are far better off without him. He isn't as clinical as he thinks and will discover that at City where they'll be not as much supplies as in arsenal. His career to me is completely over.Good riddance to total rubbish.

This is all way too exciting for me.

The new kit looks the dog's as well -

shop_homepage_18_July_web.ashx?as=0&dmc=0&h=450&mh=450&mw=800&thn=0&w=800

He is a lazy player. After he scored 30 that one season his "people" conviced him he was something he was not i.e. a world class player, since then he has been edging for a move,he was never committed to Arsenal (A top 3 or 4 club who make C.L. every year) do you think he will be happy at City?

Imo he isnt really that good, any half decent player up front for Arsenal could score more than Ade, he misses more guilt edged chances than he should, if things arent going his way he will throw his hands up in the air and sulk, you will learn to hate him as the Arsenal fans have over the past few months with his constant bitching on and off the field when things arent going his way.

Arrogance, hype, loves his own glory, offensive and stupid. We are far better off without him. He isn't as clinical as he thinks and will discover that at City where they'll be not as much supplies as in arsenal. His career to me is completely over.Good riddance to total rubbish.

You were doing sooooooo well until that drivel.

Tbh that makes you just sound bitter cause he's left.

Xavi, we will wait and see. Believe me Im not bitter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Anyone read the mirror today?

A whole two pages plus the front page dedicated to Stephen Ireland's nude snaps.

Xavi, we will wait and see. Believe me Im not bitter :D

Well it doesn't come across that way.

No player who scores 46 goals in 104 games for a Premiership team is 'rubbish', let alone a top 4 side.

And he's 25. His career is hardly over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Most Arsenal fans have the same opinion on him and don't like him, what does that say to you? Are they all wrong? Do you really think Adebayor is a top class striker now that he is wearing sky blue?

Ireland looks SOOOOOOOO gay in that picture.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

If 25 mil is true then I for one am thrilled. Man C fans can you see him playing week in week out? Presuming you're not doing with the chequebook yet either.

CHD wrote: »
    Most Arsenal fans have the same opinion on him and don't like him, what does that say to you? Are they all wrong? Do you really think Adebayor is a top class striker now that he is wearing sky blue?

I thought he was a top class striker when he was named in the PFA Team of the Year for 2007/08 having scored 24 league goals.
    Ireland looks SOOOOOOOO gay in that picture.:pac:

Blue steel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

I don't think arsenal fans would be complaining and expressing their "hate" for him if they actually thought he was rubbish

I think deep down you know you're losing your main source of goals for past 2 or 3 years ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Looks like they are trying to avoid the subject of who farted. :D

Will be an interesting season for City and City fans though, and those of us not City inclined will be curious also, regardless of whether there is bluster about money ruining the game and the like.

I am pretty sure if any of us who shout for other teams saw our teams with City's cheque book, then we would not be complaining.

I actually hope that they do gel once all the buying is done this summer, and that they do their bit to help liven up the title race this season.

I do not expect City to win the title or even come close to winning it, but with a few more buys in the defensive department with maybe one or two in midfield also, and they could be knocking on a top six finish, maybe a little better, whilst causing a few upsets along the way.

As Arsenal fans, most of us will obviously be quite bitter towards Ade now. We've just got a few good years service off the lad and made 18m profit. I'm happy with that anyway. He's not useless. His career isn't over. He's a good player. I don't think he was ever great. By law of averages he was bound to put away some of the chances we create.

I reckon he'll do ok at City. There was no point in Arsenal keeping him after his head was turned again, or we'd just end up the same as last year.

Are City fans happy with the signing? The price? The wages?

MikeySligo wrote: »
    Are City fans happy with the signing?

Deeeeeeelighted
    The price? The wages?

Not my money, couldn't give a flying fuck tbh.

• Advertisement

@ Xavi, if you really believe he is a top class striker go have a look at the Arsenal team talk thread and go back months, even longer and you'll see what we thought of him then.

25 million = DM for us and Id take that anyday over Ade.

IrishIrish wrote: »
    I don't think arsenal fans would be complaining and expressing their "hate" for him if they actually thought he was rubbish

I think deep down you know you're losing your main source of goals for past 2 or 3 years ;)

He ain't rubbish, but whoever our main striker is will be our main source of goals. Whoever takes his position will be our main source of goals. He is by no means irreplaceable ala Henry.

Are you happy with the money put out for him?
    If you were Mark Hughes would you really have bought him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

defence? who needs one, I favour the Kevin Keegan tactic of score more goals than the opposition mentality!

I literally cannot wait for the season to start, could City challenge for a title never mind top6?

A guy can dream can't he!!

Deeeeeeelighted

Not my money, couldn't give a flying fuck tbh.

Suppose it ain't real money for ye when ye have that much. Its like monopoly. Do you reckon he will play week in week out?
    Just see him now on SSN, he got a great reaction.

I thought he was a top class striker when he was named in the PFA Team of the Year for 2007/08 having scored 24 league goals.
    LOL

You were fairly vocal when the same crowd voted Giggs Player of the Year last year.:pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055543674

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

He ain't rubbish, but whoever our main striker is will be our main source of goals. Whoever takes his position will be our main source of goals. He is by no means irreplaceable ala Henry.

Are you happy with the money put out for him?
    If you were Mark Hughes would you really have bought him?

I'm a united fan so don't really care either way. But for £25m I wouldn't say no to him at united if we hadn't got owen. I think he is a good player but needs the service which he got at arsenal and would have got at united. Don't know how he will get on with city, its not like he creates chances himself.

@ Xavi, if you really believe he is a top class striker go have a look at the Arsenal team talk thread and go back months, even longer and you'll see what we thought of him then.

25 million = DM for us and Id take that anyday over Ade.

I appreciate Arsenal fans not being happy with him but unless he's replaced then I think your squad is severly weakened, which is great for the chasing pack.

Suppose it ain't real money for ye when ye have that much. Its like monopoly. Do you reckon he will play week in week out?
    Just see him now on SSN, he got a great reaction.

Haven't a clue. If I was picking the team then he would be yes.
    LOL

You were fairly vocal when the same crowd voted Giggs Player of the Year last year.:pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055543674

Ah come on now, hardly comparable. Giggs was a sympathy vote, we all know that. 24 goals in the league is impossible to argue against, and that's what Adebayor did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

There seems to be a belief that no matter how much city strengthen this summer they will not be able to contend for the title.
    Why is this the case?
    lets say for arguments sake they get terry and lescott, surely then they have a team which rivals anyone in the league, do ye not agree?

and you can mention world class players, but how many of them are there really?
    yes liverpool have gerrard and Torres,

but lets just compare liverpool and city for a moment, (on a not too strict way)
    does the advantage gained by having gerrard and torres outweight that of City's bulk of talent on the bench where they can afford to lose players in any position and still have players come in with the same talent as the liverpool players minus the two world class names.

To illustrate this, ask yourselves this,
    what would liverpool have preferred this year, the little spark of genius added by these two or the sheer strength in depth that city will have allowing them to break down weaker teams easier (by rotating fresh players etc).

I think That Hughes has built a top top balanced side, and I do not see why they can not push to win the league.

That been said I think that Chelsea should have the balance to do it this year.

Ah come on now, hardly comparable. Giggs was a sympathy vote, we all know that. 24 goals in the league is impossible to argue against, and that's what Adebayor did.
    Arra I wasn't that serious really. I just wouldn't say being voted on the PFA team is any indication of a player's performances after them voting for Giggs last year.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Blue steel
    Did you think Kevin Phillips was top class when he scored 30.

lol at the way you think he's class because he is in a City shirt, if he was as good as you think he is Arsenal who are a top 4 side unlike City would have kept him. He's decent, and will frustrate you alot this year.

I appreciate Arsenal fans not being happy with him but unless he's replaced then I think your squad is severly weakened, which is great for the chasing pack.

Wouldn't say that, with Eduardo to return, Bendtner will also have a good season imo, RVP, Walcott can easily play up front, that said I expect he will be replaced.

. He's decent, and will frustrate you alot this year.

+1

Did you think Kevin Phillips was top class when he scored 30.

lol at the way you think he's class because he is in a City shirt, if he was as good as you think he is Arsenal who are a top 4 side unlike City would have kept him. He's decent, and will frustrate you alot this year.

Did you just selectively read what I posted? I thought he was class BEFORE he signed for us, hence my pleasure now that he has.

As for your bit about Arsenal keeping him, if Ronaldo was that good then United would have kept him, but football doesn't work like that. Money talks, both in that case and in this one. Sure Robinho plays for us FFS!

I think its a bit easy to just write off City.
    Ye've made some quality additions, and will certainly challenge. How can ye not?
    I think Utd are a lot weaker this year (at this moment in time) too.
    Ade shouldn't be too hard to replace based on recent performances though. I just hope we do re-invest.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement