Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hopefully Johnson is on his way to Liverpool :)

Just found out he's actually in Germany getting more treatment on an injury.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Who is the giant albino fella beside Toure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

When I first looked at that photo I thought I was back in 1999 when I saw the Weaver lookalike beside Given.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Who is the giant albino fella beside Toure?

Northern Ireland international Ryan McGivern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

if city land lescott..where does that leave dunne?? is hughes looking to get sell him? i see he was captain today, want to know if he'll be in the starting 11 this season..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Are ye playing Barcelona in a friendly after yer first premiership game???

jasonorr wrote: »
    Are ye playing Barcelona in a friendly after yer first premiership game???

Yeah, we were due to play Everton but their European timetable scuppered that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

madma wrote: »
    if city land lescott..where does that leave dunne?? is hughes looking to get sell him? i see he was captain today, want to know if he'll be in the starting 11 this season..

Apparently Hughes has backed down over Lescott but Dunne is still been linked with Villa for 5mil.

There seems to be a great spirit at the club at the moment, and a lot of it is to do with the fun events being organised by the high ups.

From the recent open day at COMS -

6370_231130800454_208411345454_8157675_6813042_n.jpg

Visit

http://soccerrepublic.eircom.net/

and register to watch Citeh vs Blackburn live on Saturday.

• Advertisement

Kasper Schmeichel signed for Notts Co. for 7 figure sum. Reunited with Sven. Never rated him anyway. Kasper that is;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Xavi6 wrote: »
    There seems to be a great spirit at the club at the moment, and a lot of it is to do with the fun events being organised by the high ups.

From the recent open day at COMS -

6370_231130800454_208411345454_8157675_6813042_n.jpg

Do any of them really have anything to be upset about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Do any of them really have anything to be upset about?

Not yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I've read it all now.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    I've read it all now.

:confused:

The place is buzzing. Maybe you've missed all the great work being done outside of the transfers, but the fans haven't.

So far we've had -

1. A carnival at the club to celebrate the launch of the new home shirt.

2. A free gig at COMS headlined by Doves and featuring other top acts.

3. A free open training session at the COMS followed by autograph signings.

4. Free limited edition 3rd shirts (not released properly til September) for fans who booked their preseason trip to South Africa through the club.

I could go on.

I'm at a lost as to where this great spirit is evident within the club?

I'm at a lost as to where this great spirit is evident within the club?

I read training updates every day and the atmosphere seems to be great. The club also posts behind the scenes videos on the official website for everyone to see.

Granted it will all change when results don't go our way but going into a season everyone seems to very happy and excited. The only shit stirring is from those outside the club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Its like that at every club with a big following pre season though!

Great atmosphere, everyone happy, vids of the players having a laugh etc etc.

The only shit stirring is from those outside the club.

How do you think your manager will respond to his latest quandary?

CHD wrote: »
    Its like that at every club with a big following pre season though!

Great atmosphere, everyone happy, vids of the players having a laugh etc etc.

I never said it wasn't, I just said the spirit was great at our club, which it is.
    How do you think your manager will respond to his latest quandary?

He'll probably just say the same thing as he has been saying - that the deal is not dead in the water but Everton are entitled to say no to us.

• Advertisement

He'll probably just say the same thing as he has been saying - that the deal is not dead in the water but Everton are entitled to say no to us.
    Can you see where he is getting the impression that the deal ever was or is still alive?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Can you see where he is getting the impression that the deal ever was or is still alive?

I think most people would think if the money is put up the deal is plenty alive.

mayordenis wrote: »
    I think most people would think if the money is put up the deal is plenty alive.

That comment answers any transfer question ever asked.

I fail to see the significance of your comment in relation to my question.

Yes I can - Lescott's actions in handing in a request are those of someone who wants out. As long as that's the case then there's always a chance.

Yes I can - Lescott's actions in handing in a request are those of someone who wants out. As long as that's the case then there's always a chance.
    Do you think that your manager should respect the fact that the player is under contract and his employers have refused his transfer request?

Do you think that your manager should respect the fact that the player is under contract and his employers have refused his transfer request?

Probably yeah, but let's not pretend he's the first or only one to do it.

If he gets his man in the end then his job's done.

Probably yeah, but let's not pretend he's the first or only one to do it.
    Agreed.

Best of luck for the season ahead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

the football starts at last. time to do the talking on the pitch. man i hope the season at least lives up to half the hype.
    C'MON CITEH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

1-0 Ade.

Blackburn could take a tonking here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Looking good so far:D

Go on Adebayor

1-0 Ade.

Blackburn could take a tonking here.

still early days but lovely goal by manu

4.gif

:pac:

Great pic -

6370_236356845454_208411345454_8279836_400995_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Great pic -

6370_236356845454_208411345454_8279836_400995_n.jpg
    Never seen it before but in that picture Ireland reminds me of George Best. Same mouth or something.

6805102.jpg

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Never seen it before but in that picture Ireland reminds me of George Best. Same mouth or something.

Well it's certainly not the hair :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

People like him should not be allowed to vote, drive cars, or have kids.

whats your expectations for this season? i might be all giddy with the result from saturday but i think we can push for a top 4 all season and end up 5th or 6th. a cup would be nice too, even the the league cup, im not greedy. :D

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Nice to see Danny Mills still doing his bit for the club :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Danny Mills in eating disorder shocker.

• Advertisement

Nice win last night even if practically the whole match was spent on the back foot. Petrov on target again,wouldn't like to lose him-his goal celebration spoke volumes.

couldnt get a stream of the match last night. read hughes singing the praises of a few youngsters. hopefully the academy players still get a shot to prove themselves in the future.

just seen petrovs goal and celebration. tbh its only one game in this season and hes already moaning. i hope he gets a few games, hes fantastic when on form but he needs to sort out the attitude imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

bigstar wrote: »
    couldnt get a stream of the match last night. read hughes singing the praises of a few youngsters. hopefully the academy players still get a shot to prove themselves in the future.

Watched the game last night as it was on the Sopcast channel after United, maybe a little lucky to hang on for the win in the end as Barca hit the woodwork twice.

I can't see very many players fresh out of the academy getting a chance at City this season to be fair.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Watched the game last night as it was on the Sopcast channel after United, maybe a little lucky to hang on for the win in the end as Barca hit the woodwork twice.

I can't see very many players fresh out of the academy getting a chance at City this season to be fair.

that kid weiss started last night so i think hughes will still give some of them a chance as subs. for all the expensive players weve bought SWP and ireland are still two of our best, and for all the things weve made a mess of in the last few years the academy is the one success so id hate to see it wrote off in favour of short term success.

and for all the things weve made a mess of in the last few years the academy is the one success so id hate to see it wrote off in favour of short term success.

+1

anyone know what the story is with bumble bee/wasp thing and the away kit. just looking at mcfc.co.uk and notice the gold bee in the ad for the kit. is it just some flowery marketing pitch, very odd.

first home game tomorrow, we should get another 6 points but too often what we do and should do can very different. still be interesting just to see what the line up is. we had some great results against the promoted teams last year at home. 5 goals anyone?

anyone know what the story is with bumble bee/wasp thing and the away kit. just looking at mcfc.co.uk and notice the gold bee in the ad for the kit. is it just some flowery marketing pitch, very odd.

I read somewhere that it does have a meaning, just can't quite remember what.

Something to do with Manchester in the olden days I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

first home game tomorrow, we should get another 6 points

How much oil money for the other 3points?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement