Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Don't ye people get it yet>>>>>>>>

MONEY is not an issue:eek:

You pose the question like we have been financially ruined in our quest to "get a dig at united".........NOT SO, we could buy the whole bloody team off Man Utd and still have some spare change!!!!!

Coming at it from a money angle won't get a reaction out of the city fans but it will of course get some other gobs going!!

Now, if you had posed the question "Are we happy with the work Tevez has done yet, we would say yes but obviously we would like to "get at" Utd with a few Tevez goals esp since some Utd fans on this forum seem obsessed with silly pics of himself and Owen and a goals tally which actually leads me onto something......

Doesn't everyone know that City are not in the Champions League and so Tevez seems a bit of an odd choice to put in a scoring tally for a competition he is not in. :confused:

I'd imagine thats the point.

Also, huge difference between a guy on an internet forum poking gentle fun at opposition fans and the football club themselves putting a massive poster of a player up in the town centre on an obvious wind-up. You can't blame United fans for finding it rsther hilarious when said player turns out to be fairly underwhelming for his new club.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I think Tevez was just a prestige signing to be honest.

He's not great, it's the fact that he played for United that made him attractive imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭28064212

This is a bit ****ed up:
    Manchester City and Argentina striker Carlos Tevez has admitted that he is considering retirement because of fatigue.

Ahead of Saturday's friendly with Spain, the 25-year-old has fallen behind the likes of Gonzalo Higuain in national boss Diego Maradona's plans after stuttering in World Cup qualifying.

Tevez confesses that, despite his young age, he thinks about hanging up his boots for club and country in order to rest and spend time with his family.

He said: "It's complicated, there's my family, the desire to return to Boca Juniors, but I think about it. It crosses my mind to hang up my boots if we win the World Cup, although I have a contract (with City) until 2014.

"I'm a bit tired of so much football. I want to enjoy my family a bit. I'm very keen to stop and get a bit of calm. I've already won a lot. Living for football has saturated me."

Source

Wtf?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

28064212 wrote: »
    This is a bit ****ed up:

Wtf?

He's an unmerciful moaner.

Terrible attitude as well - when his place is put under pressure by other players his defaukt response is to cry about it to the media.

Life is so unfair for poor Carlos.

Tevez is fast becoming the most unlikeable man in football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

flahavaj wrote: »
    Tevez is fast becoming the most unlikeable man in football.

He had a great game when he came on @ the weekend :)

anyway, this thread has got too quiet lets try and keep it on the front page to annoy the rags.

Any opinions on the coming game? Back home again and facing Hull, I believe we can gub them and kickstart things again, be nice to get a few back to back wins and cement a place in that top four.

btw, great to see superman back in the team, thought he was sublime against liverpool and great to see him get a goal. Have to admit I had a great chuckle at all the pool fans trying to claim this one as offside hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

WTF is going on.

6 points dropped at home against games we were winning and should have won. players just look like they couldnt give a sh1t. too many games this season theyre just playing within themselves. you cant even blame the crap defence, were just not playing.

its a joke at this stage. fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

bigstar wrote: »
    its a joke at this stage. fcuk.

Semi final of the cup is no joke ;)

Last night's highlights for those that didn't see them -

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/4087466/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Xavi6 wrote: »

Last night's highlights for those that didn't see them -

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/4087466/
    What was the story with wenger not shaking hughes hand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he is what he always has been.

the worst loser you can ever hope to clap your eyes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

He has no respect for Manchester City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Thought we were excellent last night, Tevez goal was a cracker as was SWP's. Was delighted for young Weiss to get his first senior goal for the club too that young lad is going to be something special I think.

Did anyone else think that the players looked a lot more solid and playing for each other, there was high fives and a good team spirit on display I thought which was great to see. Hopefully this is a portent of things to come.

I'm also over the (Blue) Moon with the draw for the semi's, bring 'em on!

no it definitely is not. hopefully we kick on. important time of year now and some tough games coming up. it'd be great to get to wembley. need some good league results though or europe will edge further and further away. i dunno, we need time to gel but it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

anyone read that thread on the bluemoon forum of the guy shouting at bowen. slightly mental.

anyone read that thread on the bluemoon forum of the guy shouting at bowen. slightly mental.

Linkage?

its gone.

basically some fan left his seat in the north stand and went to sit behind the dugout and proceeded to shout at bowen until bowen told him f off. then he told everyone on the internet. he doenst seem the full shilling tbh.

• Advertisement

There really are some idiots out there.

Really looking forward to Chelski now on Saturday. Hopefully Carlos can shine again.

i think theyll be really up for it, itll be tough though. chelsea are something else this season. now is the time to step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Who's getting the tevez owen score for the carling cup:P

How soon before the inevitable Ljajic deal is announced lads?:pac:

I'm still buzzing from last night! Fantastic performance, even though I thought that once again we were going to shoot oursleves in the foot.

A great team performance, but some individuals did stand out. Given, Tevez and of course De Jong were the dogs bollox. Three very important players for us in terms of work rate and consistency.

You could see how pumped the fans were throughout the game, and the players responded. Apparently De Jong went over and threw his shirt into the crowd and was well excited.

Sums it all up -

4115447318-05122009195902.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

1147989e6cc746d4aa336d68d73d2f7a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

He's like a pet ogre!!

FFS

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/December/Michael-Johnson-injury-blow
    Michael Johnson injury blow

Michael Johnson has injured a knee in training and could face a long spell on the sidelines.

The England Under 21 midfielder had recently battled back from an abdominal problem that kept him out of the City side for around a year, and as well as scoring against Scunthorpe United in the Carling Cup he had regularly been back on the bench for recent matches.

Johnson will find out the full extent of his new injury in the next few days, and he has already received sympathetic backing from manager Mark Hughes, who said:

"We are all disappointed for Michael, who has worked so hard to get back into first team contention and shown everyone what a good player he is.

"Unfortunately he might be out for the season but he will receive the best possible care and attention."

Apparently it's a cruciate. Gutted for the lad. He really is a serious talent and was just getting back to full fitness.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Aye sickened for Johnson he's a quality player, after the last year or so of injuries and specualtion about falling outs and other stupid rumours I was looking forward to seeing him back regularly.

Jaysus - can't wait to see replay of the Bellamy sending off - more grist to my mill of bias by the "celebrity" refs!

my god, clattenberg = sh1t ref.

defence is rubbish. really rubbish. another draw but id take them away from home, hopefully not another 2 months till we win though. dont know whether to be annoyed that we've 1 win in 9 or happy that we're unbeaten in 10. find out next week when we draw with sunderland. :rolleyes:

2 points off 4th, youd have to take that in december.

any news on transfers in jan. do we need any?

my god, clattenberg = sh1t ref.

defence is rubbish. really rubbish. another draw but id take them away from home, hopefully not another 2 months till we win though. dont know whether to be annoyed that we've 1 win in 9 or happy that we're unbeaten in 10. find out next week when we draw with sunderland. :rolleyes:

2 points off 4th, youd have to take that in december.

any news on transfers in jan. do we need any?

A left back, right back and two centre halves for a start.

atm we have zab, richards, bridge, silvinho, garrido, lescott, toure, onuoha and kompany. i dont think throwing more money at it is the answer tbh. one top centre half maybe but i cant see us getting anything better than we have.

atm we have zab, richards, bridge, silvinho, garrido, lescott, toure, onuoha and kompany. i dont think throwing more money at it is the answer tbh. one top centre half maybe but i cant see us getting anything better than we have.

Your first choice back four, Richards, Toure, Lescott and Bridge aren't good enough to challenge for a top four club. Just because ye have lots of defenders doesn't mean they're any good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

My view on city is that your midfield is too open. Sometimes you just have to pick Barry/Ireland/De jong or Kompany, it's not negative. Your defence are put under a lot of pressure every game, not all of that is down to your defence being badly organised, most of it is because too many balls are getting through midfield.
    Oh, and Bridge is very bad.

Your first choice back four, Richards, Toure, Lescott and Bridge aren't good enough to challenge for a top four club. Just because ye have lots of defenders doesn't mean they're any good.

two of those players were good enough for top four teams, and lescott was good enough for a top 5 team. richards though i have no faith in.

i dont think there are many defenders outside the top four better than ours tbh, but theyre not just playing well.

two of those players were good enough for top four teams, and lescott was good enough for a top 5 team. richards though i have no faith in.

i dont think there are many defenders outside the top four better than ours tbh, but theyre not just playing well.

Except the one ye sold in the Summer?;)

JPA wrote: »
    My view on city is that your midfield is too open. Sometimes you just have to pick Barry/Ireland/De jong or Kompany, it's not negative. Your defence are put under a lot of pressure every game, not all of that is down to your defence being badly organised, most of it is because too many balls are getting through midfield.
    Oh, and Bridge is very bad.

not sure what your saying de jong and barry play almost every game. irelands been dropped until recently and kompanys been injured. de jong is an absolute animal for us, he just breaks whoever comes up against him.

Except the one ye sold in the Summer?;)

yep but cant change that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

what a bad decision by the ref today re: Bellamy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

onouha and kompany need to be tried as CBs soon.

it's becoming a joke back there.

particularly lescott.

i'm sure toure is begging Hughes to buy his old mate Senderos at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

not sure what your saying de jong and barry play almost every game. irelands been dropped until recently and kompanys been injured. de jong is an absolute animal for us, he just breaks whoever comes up against him.

2 in the middle with SWP and Robinho or Bellamy plus 2 strikers is too much attacking players. It isn't balanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its incredible that after all them draws they still have a game in hand that would tie them for 3rd place in the table. I know Arsenal have 2 games in hand but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

eagle eye wrote: »
    Its incredible that after all them draws they still have a game in hand that would tie them for 3rd place in the table. I know Arsenal have 2 games in hand but still.

Your right. I hadn't thought of it but it does make those points lost again even harder to stomach....

Toure and Lescott were bad signing imo, and their dodginess is on view week in, week out.

Today should have been a straight forward win but Clattenburg had other ideas. I don't know how the officials missed the offside and the Bellamy decision was a joke.

Delighted with Tevez though. Class again.

Your right. I hadn't thought of it but it does make those points lost again even harder to stomach....

if we had beat fulham, burnley and hull we'd be two points behind united with a game in hand. we could have been two points of chelsea come xmas :(.

still no news of the everton game being rescheduled is there?

Toure and Lescott were bad signing imo, and their dodginess is on view week in, week out.

who else could we bring in though, at least from the EPL. they are shocking alright but whether or not they are good enough to be top 4 they should easily be capable of playing against the weaker teams. same problems as last season imo, tactically naive. its hughes job to get them playing. i dont know why its not happening, but we never do anything easy.

i wonder if competition plays a part, lescott and toure know theyre first choice, hopefully onuoha or kompany get fit and give them a kick in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The thing about defence is that its not just the players, its the coaching. So much is about organisation, while attack can be much more about individual skill and link up. The thing they really needed was a top class defensive coach to bring in, and get Toure and Lescott to the level that their talent can allow.

PHB wrote: »
    The thing about defence is that its not just the players, its the coaching. So much is about organisation, while attack can be much more about individual skill and link up. The thing they really needed was a top class defensive coach to bring in, and get Toure and Lescott to the level that their talent can allow.

thats what im saying, were poor tactically. imo its not just that toure and lescott are rubbish. why is that the case though, under hughes blackburn were very organised and hard to beat, its completely the opposite with us. hopefully its just a gelling problem. you have to admit 1 defeat all season isnt a bad record, but the draws are killing us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

What do City supporters make of the carry on in the City dressing room?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/city-stars-in-row-after-limp-defeat-1980596.html

This is not the first row that has been mentioned either. I remember Shay Given coming out recently and saying that city's win over Chelsea was due to harsh words that were exchanged in the dressing room also.

Its a bit unusual to hear two stories coming out of a club like that in quick succession is it not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Paleface wrote: »

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/city-stars-in-row-after-limp-defeat-1980596.html

This is not the first row that has been mentioned either. I remember Shay Given coming out recently and saying that city's win over Chelsea was due to harsh words that were exchanged in the dressing room also.

Its a bit unusual to hear two stories coming out of a club like that in quick succession is it not?

It's a nothing story in fairness. It'd be a lot worse if they left they didn't give a shite about losing. As for the Chelsea win, it's not in the least bit unusual for a manager to take out the hair dryer at half time resulting in a much improved performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

I'm not sure if this has been posted already on here, but apparently City have asked Guus Hiddink about his future plans.

Abramoivch is very good friends with Hiddink due to paying his wages on behalf of the Russian FA and apparently, wouldn't let the deal go through though.

I'm a Sunderland fan, so just want to wish you the best of luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you won't need it going on our current away form though, any idea what way your team will line up? We're without Cana which is a massive blow, but Cattermole is back in line to start.

I think we'll go:
    Fulop

Nosworthy/Bardsley Turner Da Silva McCartney/Mensah

Henderson Cattermole Richardson Reid

Bent Jones
    Sorry for not being able to be more clear on the full backs, even we don't know what way Bruce is going to go for this, due to a constant changing of the back line because of injury and suspension.

Mate, we're so piss poor right now. I think Sunderland should well fancy their chances of taking all three points tomorrow.

SWP is injured and De Jong is suspended so that's two of our better performing players gone. Lescott and Bridge are out as well.

If I was picking the team, and this will be hugely different to the one we see tomorrow, I would go for -

Given

Richards
    Kompany
    Onuoha
    Sylvinho

Zabaleta

Ireland

Bellamy
    Petrov

Tevez

Santa Cruz

Adebayor has been poor and is apparently carrying a knock will Toure has been awful imo. Santa Cruz did ok when he came on the other night so I'd give him a go from the start.

Subs: Taylor, Weiss, Toure, Robinho, Adebayor, Barry, Benjani

Paleface wrote: »

Apparently Hughes encourages it. He wants the dressing room to be self governing i.e. players speaking their minds and the group mentality being dictated by an equal desire for excellence.

Its a decent idea... but if the collective idea is to collect your pay cheques and be lazy, you run into problems. I thought our endeavour the last few weeks has been poor. We beat teh big teams, and barely match the no-marks. I think the next 4 games decided Hughes future really. Anything less than 9 points and he might find himself in hot water....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement