Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

With Toure gone and on last nights performance, do people think Garrido might get a run in the team?

Well Garrido's a left back so I don't see Toure's absence benefitting him directly.

I know he scored last night but Garrido didn't really do much. He did ok but wasn't great or anything. His pace is still very questionable and he's nothing more than decent.
    folan wrote: »
    I didnt see the match last night so i dont know how he played, but id assume that the shuffle will get one or 2 players into the squad to try to mark their places. garrido isnt a player i particularly like though, and id prefer to see Richards or Onuoha rising to the occasion, if not just for the long term benifits.

Onuoha got injured just as he was getting into the team and that has allowed Kompany step in. Vince has been good in the last two games and I like him as a centre half.

Micah has also had a good few games and it looks like he's maturing into a decent full back finally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Yeah, im always unsure of Micah in there though, I liked him on the wing when he got forward.

Though I will say, always a fan of Kompany. I rate him ahead of Lescott, thought he was a great holding midfielder too. a bit more versitile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah I rate Kompany very higly,he's been unlucky with injuries.With De Jong making that position his own(I believe he's been the best holding mid in the prem this season),Id like to see Vincent feature regularly at CB.Id say it will be a few games before he gets his defence(without Toure) right I reckon.

Kompany CB,Richards CB,Sylvinho LB,Zabaleta RB is the way im hoping Mancini goes,unless he signs Cordoba.Kaboul can stay at Pompy for all I care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Ivan used to be one of my favourite south american speedie centrebacks
    you would be doing well to get him, I must say

Ireland faces fortnight on sidelines
    Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland will be out of action for two weeks after picking up a hamstring injury in the 3-0 win over Wolves

Thats all we need,indifferent form or not.Taken from Teamtalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Gillington wrote: »
    ............Kaboul can stay at Pompy for all I care!

Please God he stays put. I do not rate him defensively at all. I think a deal should be done with Villa for Richard Dunne similar to Spurs and Defoe! Sorry it was a mistake to sell him, can we buy him back for millions more !!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jamegg wrote: »
    Please God he stays put. I do not rate him defensively at all. I think a deal should be done with Villa for Richard Dunne similar to Spurs and Defoe! Sorry it was a mistake to sell him, can we buy him back for millions more !!

no you cant.

id be more hopefull of signing one of the defenders linked from Italy and thus not needing to spend millions on a player like Kaboul. Obviously Dunne is a no go but City have to be able to attract better than Kaboul, although he has previously showed potential he is nowhere near what city need atm and would only hamper the chances of players like Onanua (sp?) and Kompany imo if he was signed.

Obviously the Dunne comment was tongue in cheek. It has to be one of the worst pieces of business any manager has done when you look at the money MH spent on Lescott and the performances of both players to date. I heard a sky pundit(can't remember who) say Dunne has been the best signing any club had made this year.

I agree and I personally don't think Kaboul is better than what we have got, even with Toure out of the team.

Near half time and this is one of the worst football matches my eyes have seen. City have had most of the ball but its just going back and across in their own half. There is nobody picking out the pass to link defence and attack. One shot in twenty minutes.

Vlad Weiss is the real bright spark. I love watching him play. Full of energy and enthusiasm. Speaking of enthusiastic players, Robinho ( :mad: ), is not in the squad and is being reported injured again. I suspect he may be on his way which I would be happy with as he clearly is not enthusiastic about the club!!

GOAL!!! Benjani, Did not see that coming! Great finish. Please God that brightens this match up.

Given

Zabaleta Richards Boyata Garrido

Weiss De Jong Kompany Sylvinho

Petrov

Benjani

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

City post loss of 92.6 million pounds for 2008/09 season
    LONDON, Jan 6 (Reuters) - Manchester City recorded a loss of 92.6million pounds ($147.8) in the year to May 31 2009 -- the biggest annual loss ever reported by an English football club.
    The figure, announced on the club's website (www.mcfc.co.uk) on Wednesday, does not include last summer's 117 million pounds spending spree on Emmanuel Adebayor, Kolo Toure, Carlos Tevez, Roque Santa Cruz and Joleon Lescott.
    It does include the previous year's 50 million pound layout on Brazilian duo Robinho and Jo following the arrival of new owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan in September 2008.

Turnover increased by six percent to 87 million pounds, while attendances rose to 42,890 from an average of 42,081 in the previous season. Ticketing revenues were ahead by 1.8 million pounds and TV revenues up 12 percent to 48.3 million pounds, mainly as a result of City's extended run in the UEFA Cup.

Player salaries rose to 39.4 million pounds from 25.4 million in the previous year.

City also announced that, just as Roman Abramovich has done at Chelsea, Sheikh Mansour has turned the 304.9 million shareholder loans he made to the club into equity

He has also purchased a further 89.6 million pounds-worth of shares as a "show of commitment."
    "The financial year to May 2009 marked the beginning of a period of significant planned investment in all areas of the club; the playing squad, the youth academy, infrastructure, website and technology applications and our people," City said on the website.

"Not surprisingly, this substantial investment has had a significant impact on this year's financial results. This investment is also forecast to similarly impact the financial results of the next several years as the club seeks to achieve success both on and off the field."

The club's chief financial and administration officer Graham Wallace said: "The financial results reflect a period of rapid change at the club, the result of long-term planning and investment by the Board and our owners, to create a sustainable business in the future.

"We have always said that this transformation will take a number of years and these figures reflect that.
    "The owners' decision to convert debt to equity is in line with their previously-stated financial strategy and is fantastic news for supporters of Manchester City, whose club is now on a secure financial foundation that gives a tremendous platform to build from in future years."

• Advertisement

Sheikh Mansour has turned the 304.9 million shareholder loans he made to the club into equity

Lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

That is a serious show of commitment :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

From a guy with some 500 billion wealth?

Yeah, its staggering...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Fuhrer wrote: »
    From a guy with some 500 billion wealth?

Yeah, its staggering...
    Well 304.9 million is still 304.9 million no matter who is actually writting the check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Done to ensure City can play in the CL should they qualify when Platini gets his way re. club debt.

Whats the plan with Viera ? I dont quite get it, unless DeJong is in beside him and Barry moves further forward?

vieira%20signing.ashx?as=0&dmc=0&h=450&thn=0&w=800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

He is well thinking "I will have a much better sitting down on that bench".

Shocking signing for City IMO although a few people I have talked to seem to think its a good buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    He is well thinking "I will have a much better sitting down on that bench".

Shocking signing for City IMO although a few people I have talked to seem to think its a good buy.

The City fans I'm friendly with are appalled with his signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

They were saying on off the ball, it would be funny now if Stephen Ireland came crawling back to the national team just to get a game.:p

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    The City fans I'm friendly with are appalled with his signing.

The people I have talked to aren't City fans in all fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

As an arsenal fan, I'd be interested to know what you guys think about this Vieira signing?

I am also quite looking forward to see him playing against Man U :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

thorbarry wrote: »
    As an arsenal fan, I'd be interested to know what you guys think about this Vieira signing?

I am also quite looking forward to see him playing against Man U :)

I'd imagine not half as much as most United fans are, given his last diaplay against them.

Congrats to Carlos -

tevez-potm.ashx?as=0&dmc=0&h=450&thn=0&w=800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

fair play to him

dont be shocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

That lad doesnt take a good picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Why does he always seem to be staring straight into the sun!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I can't embed it but there's a good interview with Ade on BBC Media Player about half way down the page here

judas101 wrote: »
    That lad doesnt take a good picture

And yet he could get many a stunning woman.. Damn money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Will the Man City game go ahead on Monday ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Apparently it will yeah-then 4th spot hopefully:D (added the "hopefully" since no matter how much ca$h we have it is still Citeh after all:o!)

Going by the papers Cristian Ansaldi will be flying in in the next couple of days to sign for 6mil,anyone know much about him?

Jerome Boateng rumoured to be on our radar aswell...

He's not a bad player, versatile anyway. Plays for Rubin Kazan, Real Madrid were thinking of buying him at some point last year so he can't be that bad. Can play at the back or mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

article-1242181-07D060E6000005DC-363_468x286.jpg
    article-1242181-07D060D9000005DC-372_468x286.jpg
    article-1242181-07D060CA000005DC-239_468x308.jpg

Hahaha those photo's are quality! Robinho will hand in a transfer request now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Who's throwing that snow ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

JPA wrote: »
    Who's throwing that snow ball?

Micah Richards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

SlickRic wrote: »
    Micah Richards.

I thought so, the number 21 threw me off though.

What a waste of money :D

Tevez.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Where's the joker with the running total of Owen vs Tevez goals in his sig?

18 in 20 now I believe.

Works hard but not a goalscorer eh?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Where's the joker with the running total of Owen vs Tevez goals in his sig?

18 in 20 now I believe.

Works hard but not a goalscorer eh?
    He said he was messing when he realised how foolish he was going to look.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yeah but if you mention it now you're trolling.

I have to say, I knew Tevez's all round game was great but I didn't know he was such an accomplished finisher. Some of his goals have left me drooling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I have to say, I knew Tevez's all round game was great but I didn't know he was such an accomplished finisher. Some of his goals have left me drooling.

Taking in the above and the Carlos Tevez thread that was locked I honestly think people here are having a bit of a memory lapse. Tevez was brillant for West Ham and equally good for Utd whenever Fergie bothered to play him.
    One of the top players in the league and a true team player that gives his 100% in every game.
    He would fit in so much better at a club like Villa though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yeah but if you mention it now you're trolling.

Get out?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Tomthepost wrote: »
    Taking in the above and the Carlos Tevez thread that was locked I honestly think people here are having a bit of a memory lapse. Tevez was brillant for West Ham and equally good for Utd whenever Fergie bothered to play him.
    One of the top players in the league and a true team player that gives his 100% in every game.
    He would fit in so much better at a club like Villa though:(
    I was hoping we would break the bank for him but the clubs broke. Class signing for the blues and still can't believe Utd let him go.

Bandit12 wrote: »
    I was hoping we would break the bank for him but the clubs broke. Class signing for the blues and still can't believe Utd let him go.
    Well he was looking for a lot of money that I think Fergie thought was better suited to keeping Berbatov? And who knows, he might even turn out to be right?

Thats pure speculation by the way!

And Tevez is a far better all round footballer IMO. Plus the best buy I've ever had in my fantasy football!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Chopper888

folan wrote: »
    Whats the plan with Viera ? I dont quite get it, unless DeJong is in beside him and Barry moves further forward?

Maybe Mancini bought Viera as some additional cover in the centre back position. Can't see him starting ahead of DeJong and Barry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'm shocked to find out that its spelled Patrick Vieira and not Viera, can't believe I never noticed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Great game and a great time to be a city fan. Delighted to see Tevez do so well. Trying to believe but still cautious;)
    Upwards and onwards!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement