Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I personally couldn't give a flying f*ck what Steven Ireland spends his money on unless its on a flight to Dublin next time his country is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

flahavaj wrote: »
    I personally couldn't give a flying f*ck what Steven Ireland spends his money on unless its on a flight to Dublin next time his country is playing.

I have no doubt that he will be on that flight to Dublin.

We'll be at the emirates though
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,142 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

:confused: I think that tank sounds kinda class...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    :confused: I think that tank sounds kinda class...

Same. I'm saving up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Ireland, who has been fascinated by exotic fish since he was a child

Fair play to him if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

I have to say, im already starting to loose faith in Mancini. The defensive play is just not going to produce the type of football thats going to be good enough. there are just too many defensive midfielders in the team, despite have good attacking forces like Ireland, WP, Johnson, Petrov and plenty of strikers! And its just not happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_vierakick.gif

I assume Vieira will get a ban for this (not to mention the dive) similar to how Rio Ferdinand got one? Mind you, after last night Im sure City fans are hoping he does!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Nevermind the kick that dive deserves a 3 game ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Archimedez wrote: »
    a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_vierakick.gif

I assume Vieira will get a ban for this (not to mention the dive) similar to how Rio Ferdinand got one? Mind you, after last night Im sure City fans are hoping he does!
    Yes its fairly damning stuff. Stoke were hard done by last night

so 3 week ban for dive + 3 week ban for kicking, fingers crossed that means some attacking Man City player will replace him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

He didn't dive if you watched it properly, whelan was kicking the ankles off him.
    But yes he'll possibly get a ban for the kick out..

Anyway, if Mancini sticks around for any substantial amount of time, City will become the most boring team in the league.

how did the young lad Adam Johnston do last night. Was impressive in his last game

Is Mancini on a short term deal until the end of the season or is he on a longer term deal ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Vieira charged with violent conduct. Open and shut case but I hope we appeal ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Was there much about(The Tackle) it in the papers it doesn't seem to of gotten much coverage at all strange but seems pretty open and shut

Was there much about(The Tackle) it in the papers it doesn't seem to of gotten much coverage at all strange but seems pretty open and shut
    I think the citing rule as applied in Rugby should be used.Know rugby is a more physical game but Vieira lashed out. Another bad week for officials Couldnt believe that second Bayern goal was allowed. Klose was clearly offside.

i dont mind as long as the useless fecker is replaced with someone who is a bit more of an attacker.

folan wrote: »
    i dont mind as long as the useless fecker is replaced with someone who is a bit more of an attacker.

Like Zabaleta? :pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Like Zabaleta? :pac:
    probably, but a man can dream!

As a city fan, dreaming comes easily

• Advertisement

Looks like big trouble between Bellers and Mancini over a training ground incident. Mancini apparently told him not to come back to the club for three months.

Press conference at 11am so wonder if it will get a mention.

Mancini to be dropped at end of the season to stop the potential revolt in the summer. whod take over?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I was way off on my initial estimation of Mancini, I had my blue tinted specs on but in truth he's a typical Italian, and too cautious for a club like City. I've always loved teh attacking football we have played, it's been kamikaze at times but we were mostly sure of a goal or 2.

In saying that I'd absolutely love to see MON in the job, might not be as attack orientated as I'd like but he's a fine manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

"This is a club with so much wealth they could buy every player in the world, but can they buy a team, can they buy a Manchester United spirit? I don't expect City to be bigger than us, I really don't, even with all that money.

More yak out of SAF

Can they buy a Manchester United spirit FFS???:rolleyes:

More yak out of SAF

Can they buy a Manchester United spirit FFS???:rolleyes:

LOL

Why would we want to be anything like them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

karma_ wrote: »
    LOL

Why would we want to be anything like them?

So you don't want to be anything like United. You don't want the club you support to be successful, some fan you are. Would rather your team continued to win nothing, so that you'd be nothing like United. Nice. Small time, but nice.

United are successful, don't want to be anything like United and you don't want to be successful.

karma_ wrote: »
    I was way off on my initial estimation of Mancini, I had my blue tinted specs on but in truth he's a typical Italian, and too cautious for a club like City. I've always loved teh attacking football we have played, it's been kamikaze at times but we were mostly sure of a goal or 2.

In saying that I'd absolutely love to see MON in the job, might not be as attack orientated as I'd like but he's a fine manager.

Same as, I was happier under Hughes and I think we would have been better off at least letting him get to the end of this season.

MON would be legend, but I honestly couldnt see him leaving Villa for us, and honestly I believe that UTD would break and arm and a leg for him if SAF was to leave.

So you don't want to be anything like United. You don't want the club you support to be successful, some fan you are. Would rather your team continued to win nothing, so that you'd be nothing like United. Nice. Small time, but nice.

United are successful, don't want to be anything like United and you don't want to be successful.

City have been successful before, Utd don't hold the rights to success.

Anything encompasses a lot of things and not just success. I certainly wouldn't want to be disliked as much as most Man U fans are!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Same as, I was happier under Hughes and I think we would have been better off at least letting him get to the end of this season.

MON would be legend, but I honestly couldnt see him leaving Villa for us, and honestly I believe that UTD would break and arm and a leg for him if SAF was to leave.

I reckon Moyes and Mourinho would be higher on the United list than MON would be.

I reckon Mourinho is clear favourite, if he wants it at the time, with Moyes being second choice, again if he wants it at the time. Hell, I would say a couple more seasons of good things with Bordeaux would see Blanc wanted more than MON.

Can't see the City heads going for another british manager next, they'll make a big play for Mourinho imo.

I reckon Moyes and Mourinho would be higher on the United list than MON would be.

I reckon Mourinho is clear favourite, if he wants it at the time, with Moyes being second choice, again if he wants it at the time. Hell, I would say a couple more seasons of good things with Bordeaux would see Blanc wanted more than MON.

Can't see the City heads going for another british manager next, they'll make a big play for Mourinho imo.

I fear you are right about Mourinho. I never liked him at Chelsea and I don't know how I will feel about him if he did take over. I can see the promise of funds to spend being a prime factor if Mourinho was to join.

MON would remain my favourite, but yea I agree, I just don't see him wanting to leave Villa unless something drastic happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

do you not want attractive, attacking football at City? Because O'Neill will give you direct, organised football, but won't play the good football you say you love.

Firstly, I like watching Villa play. they are a good team who are organised well and use the available pace cet to play great counter attacking football and direct football. Or do you agree with Wenger?

Second, whats this good football i say i love? refer to first point.

I would take this over the horrible defensive football that we have now thats not working!

Making a big play for Mourinho is likely, could have seen Hidink as well if he was to start club football again. But my prefrence would be on MON. thats all im saying.

Anyway, ive tried to find more on this and it seems theres nothing, so another ghost of a City rumour.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Anything encompasses a lot of things and not just success. I certainly wouldn't want to be disliked as much as most Man U fans are!!!

Well with the massive inflation city are forcing on the modern game with their overspending on average players and with them trying to buy their way into success rather than build it up like real teams do. Use are heading that way at light speed.

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Well with the massive inflation city are forcing on the modern game with their overspending on average players and with them trying to buy their way into success rather than build it up like real teams do. Use are heading that way at light speed.

~~~~I could imagine anyone hating us if we were thick conceited arrogant a**holes who thought just because they had a few bob and had bought a few players that we could win the league but we the city fans certainly don't go on this way!!!
    Never have and never will, you will get the sense of this from the threads here and the city fans who post in them.
    We got bought by a wealthy owner and have a few bob, that's it and of course players are being held from us until we play top dollar but that's business. We need good players and they are only going to be sold to us for certain amounts as other clubs know we have the funds!!! That is the other clubs forcing the inflation and not us alone. It's a two-way street
    Surely, ya couldn't hate the fans for that:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Stoke: Sorensen, Whitehead, Shawcross, Huth, Collins, Lawrence, Whelan, Diao, Delap, Sidibe, Fuller.
    Subs: Simonsen, Beattie, Kitson, Pugh, Amdy Faye, Sanli, Davies.
    Man City: Given, Richards, Onuoha, Lescott, Bridge, Zabaleta, Ireland, Kompany, Barry, Bellamy, Adebayor.
    Subs: Taylor, Wright-Phillips, Santa Cruz, Garrido, Sylvinho, De Jong, Boyata.

I'm not a city fan but that line up is very very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bad result for City. Did anyone else think that Adebayor's sending off was a bit harsh?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bad result for City. Did anyone else think that Adebayor's sending off was a bit harsh?

Just a tad, especially when Huth stayed on the pitch for the exact same thing shortly after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Boy,do we need Tevez back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That_Guy wrote: »

Definitely, it was a yellow at most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gillington wrote: »
    Boy,do we need Tevez back.

Will he be back for Saturday? :(:mad:

Johner wrote: »
    should be, but after being away for so long, will he be 1) fit enough and 2) sharp enough to be effective.

lets see, when we were playing stoke and needed to attack we had 6 defenders on the pitch....

im going for 6 defenders again, maybe a seventh

4 match ban for Adebayor
    Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor has been suspended for four games after being sent off in Wednesday's FA Cup defeat at Stoke.
    The 25-year-old Togo forward received a straight red for raising an arm at Potters' defender Ryan Shawcross.
    The usual three-match ban was increased because it is the second time he has been found guilty of violent conduct.
    Adebayor was banned for three games in September for a tackle on former Arsenal team-mate Robin van Persie.
    City are also missing midfielder Patrick Vieira, who is currently serving his own three-match ban for violent conduct following his kick on Glenn Whelan in last week's Premier League meeting with Stoke.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8538344.stm

We better appeal

Xavi6 wrote: »
    We better appeal

It surely makes sense to appeal if only to have him available for this weekend :) I haven't seen the incident but apparently it was a harsh red, never mind violent conduct.

Johner wrote: »

TEVEZ IN DA HOUSE!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1253925/PICTURED-Carlos-Tevez-touches-Heathrow-striker-returns-Manchester-Citys-clash-Chelsea.html
    PICTURED: Carlos Tevez touches down at Heathrow as striker returns for Manchester City's clash at Chelsea

By Sportsmail Reporter
    Last updated at 9:38 AM on 26th February 2010

Carlos Tevez is all smiles as he arrives at Heathrow airport after flying back from Argentina following the premature birth of second daughter.

The Manchester City striker has been back home with his wife, Vanesa, for 10 days on compassionate leave but is in contention to face Chelsea in the Barclays Premier League clash at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

He said: 'When there is a family issue, football takes a back seat. I went to the hospital five times a day to feed the little girl. I'd come and go, I couldn't watch any football.'

Tevez's adviser Kia Joorabchian earlier reiterated the striker is a family man first and a footballer second.

His baby daughter Katie has been in intensive care after being born prematurely and it had been unclear when Tevez would return.

But the Iranian businessman told Argentinian newspaper Ole: 'Thank God, Katie is getting better despite still being in hospital.

I know what it is like myself to have premature babies and know excactly how his head would've been the past 2 weeks.
    Glad to hear his little girl is doing well and hope he has a good game:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

any chance ye gonna play like the team ye want to be later on?

any chance at all like, and could someone remind me, why was Mark Hughes sacked? I just dont see much difference in the results his replacement is getting......oh, Hughes probably wouldnt have signed Viera i guess

do us a favour todays lads please :) come on, its better for a northen team to win the league then a southern one

jack daniels

kryogen wrote: »
    any chance ye gonna play like the team ye want to be later on?

any chance at all like, and could someone remind me, why was Mark Hughes sacked? I just dont see much difference in the results his replacement is getting......oh, Hughes probably wouldnt have signed Viera i guess

do us a favour todays lads please :) come on, its better for a northen team to win the league then a southern one

jack daniels

Do us a favour and stay off the JD:D

Anyhow, who knows what today will bring. You never know with City, often win the games we should lose and vice versa.
    Looking forward to the match and the inevitable thank you posts from either Chelsea or Utd fans !!!!

Anyone know the reason why Ireland wasn't on teh bench today?

I see reports about being injured but nothing confirmed yet so would appreciate any news.

Other than that....

Fantastic day and I;m delighted with the result, no mean task to go to SB and get that result. still a little galling that we can beat Chelsea twice and take 6 points and struggle to draw with Hull over 2 games.

Still Hipefully this will solidify a push for 4th and I;m sure it will be heartning to the players, Tevez was immense today.

Just a word on Lescott too, I know he gets a lot of stick but over the last 2 matches I'm seeing his performance is improving by a fantastic margin, starting to look like a good defender.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement