Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

karma_ wrote: »
    Anyone know the reason why Ireland wasn't on teh bench today?

I see reports about being injured but nothing confirmed yet so would appreciate any news.

Other than that....

Fantastic day and I;m delighted with the result, no mean task to go to SB and get that result. still a little galling that we can beat Chelsea twice and take 6 points and struggle to draw with Hull over 2 games.

Still Hipefully this will solidify a push for 4th and I;m sure it will be heartning to the players, Tevez was immense today.

Just a word on Lescott too, I know he gets a lot of stick but over the last 2 matches I'm seeing his performance is improving by a fantastic margin, starting to look like a good defender.

Tevez was his usual brilliant self-agree with ya on that and on Lescott. I'm not as nervous the past few games when the ball comes his way.

Always seem to up our game when Ade is banned:eek: Unusual that!!!!

Like I said earlier, we seem to do well in the games we "should lose", must be a psyche thing.....Whatever it is, delighted with the 3 points even if it did help the other side of the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

As a supporter of the Red part of Manchester - thanks very much lads.

No problem!!!
    That's city for ya, generous and gracious to a fault:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Michael Johnson seems to have been in a bit of bother.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/8546955.stm
    A Manchester City footballer is under investigation over allegations that he head butted a Manchester United fan in a nightclub.

Michael Johnson was accused of assaulting the fan, who was singing Manchester United songs at 42nd Street in Manchester city centre in December. Johnson, 22, was later arrested on suspicion of assault, causing actual bodily harm. He has been bailed until 14 April, a police spokesman said. Police said two other men, aged 21 and 22, were also interviewed under caution.

'Cut face'
    Johnson, from Urmston in Greater Manchester, rose through the ranks from Manchester City's academy. The midfielder captained City's youth team and made his first team debut in October 2006. He has also represented England at under-19 and under-21 level but has been dogged by injury in the last two seasons, and is currently out of action after rupturing his knee ligaments. A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: "Just after 1am on Sunday, 6 December 2009, a patrol car was flagged down and an officer was told a man had been assaulted. "The 22-year-old victim reported that he had been assaulted in 42nd Street nightclub. "The man had a cut to the face but no other injuries."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

possibly spent too much time with Barton as a young player................................

maybe some time in prison would get him back fit and uninjured.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I would have said the same to your mob for Carlos, but you never actually owned him, did you?
    :D

folan wrote: »
    possibly spent too much time with Barton as a young player................................

maybe some time in prison would get him back fit and uninjured.....
    And off the sauce. Er; allegedly, your honour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Folks, I have a favour to ask.

Not sure if anyone has seen the latest competition City are running with Etihad, but they are basically going to fly a fan back to Manchester for the next derby all expenses paid. A mate of mine from over here is in the running and it'd be great if he could win.

If some of us could vote for him it'd be great.

Here's the site -

http://www.pictureyourselfonetihad.com/mancity/index.htm

Vote for DAZBY

Click on his pic to watch the video he submitted, it's class.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Done. Good video!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Best of luck to him, voted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hah, he's put quite a bit of effort into that!

Voted for him.

Couldn't see the video as I don't have the plug-in but will defo view it later when I have time.

Voted for him anyhow Xavi, hope he wins!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Voted

Prob should have looked at vid and seen what the whole thing is about

meh

Daz has now been mentioned on the official site today

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/March/Dazby-makes-Coming-Home-eleven

The campaign is in full swing!

Ive just been looking at the remaining fixture list for the season and looking at in particular how we are going to fair against the opposition.

Have some hard football against the likes of Fulham,Villa, Everton, Birmingham, Arsenal and of course Man U. These are definatly going to be big games and I can see points being dropped, especially against Villa where they will be vital.

Still in with a good chance of finishing in the top 4, 4th being most likely by a long way? I havent as much confidence in the team holding onto points now with Mancini as I was Hughes, so im not so sure anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Fancy City to finish 4th, think with Tevez, Adi and Bellamy they have the goals ans depth that will get them there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Ush1 wrote: »
    Fancy City to finish 4th, think with Tevez, Adi and Bellamy they have the goals ans depth that will get them there.

I hope you're right,I'm not Ade's biggest fan and its easy to see whywhen you see how many goals Tev has scored when ade's not playing.I dunno maybe I'm nit picking.But our home form has to be excellent now til the end and we need to boost our away game.Easier said then done though.

They can start this weekend against Sunderland as I'll be there!

Gillington wrote: »
    I hope you're right,I'm not Ade's biggest fan and its easy to see whywhen you see how many goals Tev has scored when ade's not playing.I dunno maybe I'm nit picking.But our home form has to be excellent now til the end and we need to boost our away game.Easier said then done though.

They can start this weekend against Sunderland as I'll be there!

Sunderland are in free fall, dreadful form, seemingly since Andy Reid got injured. I'd strongly fancy City.

I still think Mancini needs to find abit more balance in that midfield and try to avoid playing Viera ever again.:)

Not a huge fan of Ade either but he does score when he does play. I think a front four of Ade, Tevez, Bellamy and Wright-Phillips is a much more threatening prospect than any of the other top fours attacking lineups(Liverpool, Spurs, Villa, Everton).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Mancini needs to take a gamble and play a wee bit more attacking if we are to grab 4th. We can definitely do it but he needs to let the team express themselves.

voted btw.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Sunderland are in free fall, dreadful form, seemingly since Andy Reid got injured. I'd strongly fancy City.

I still think Mancini needs to find abit more balance in that midfield and try to avoid playing Viera ever again.:)

Not a huge fan of Ade either but he does score when he does play. I think a front four of Ade, Tevez, Bellamy and Wright-Phillips is a much more threatening prospect than any of the other top fours attacking lineups(Liverpool, Spurs, Villa, Everton).

As were Wigan until last night so you never know what will happen.

I agree about Vieira,I don't see the need for him as I think De Jong's been great for us this season,he could have been brought in partly to remind De Jong that there's players there to replace him if he doesnt keep his form,I dunno,who knows with mancini yet!

• Advertisement

As were Wigan until last night so you never know what will happen.

I agree about Vieira,I don't see the need for him as I think De Jong's been great for us this season,he could have been brought in partly to remind De Jong that there's players there to replace him if he doesnt keep his form,I dunno,who knows with mancini yet!

That match said more about Liverpool than Wigan for me.

It's the kind of game we should win but will probabky draw 1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's the kind of game we should win but will probably draw 1-1.

:D:D:D

Excellent sig. Shame about the subject matter though.:(

Sunderland 4 Bolton 0.

Me saying Sunderland are in free fall, cue the Darran Bent show!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Birmingham will be one of the toughest If you look at them if they hadn't had such a dreadful start to the year when they lost 4 of there opening 7 matches they'd probably be in fourth right now which is crazy.

Birmingham are a tough team to beat, no doubt.

Im worried about the form of the team at the minute, were relying on Tevez way too much and its not the best way to go.

Also, Ade rumoured to be a target for AC Milan (i think). Would prefer to keep hold of him and loose RSC but who knows how the team will look in a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I noticed that Catermole is out with injury and lorik Cana just reached his tenth yellow yesterday so they will both be out this weekend that will give Sunderland a considerably softer center.

The next one off the academy conveyor belt?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Features/One-to-watch-John-Guidetti

Been hearing great things about him.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/03/18/1838470/pay-row-could-see-robinho-return-to-manchester-city-from

Pretty sick of this now. He wants warm sunshine and his 160k a week, do me a favour...

Well happy with the results all round today.......

Hope we can keep it goin' and get that 4th place.....:)
    Optomistic but still well nervous!!

• Advertisement

MJ on his way back to fitness

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/April/Michael-Johnson-winning-fitness-battle

Is that a bad shot of him or his he puttin on the weight!?

MJ on his way back to fitness

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/April/Michael-Johnson-winning-fitness-battle

Is that a bad shot of him or his he puttin on the weight!?

I think he's fond of his booze and takeaways. Been a bit heavy for a while now.

Ahhhhh what a great week to be a City fan. :cool:

Ahhhhh what a great week to be a City fan. :cool:

Too right:D:D:D

Rooney didn't seem at all right in the Bayern game tonight, might be a god send for City!!!!!
    Hopefully:)

Truthfully, I fancy our chances against them. We beat them once already at home this year, took them close away, and at least should have had a draw. They are there for teh taking and we could demolish their league ambition totally, we will be well up for it.

To think, if we get a win against the brummies, and then scalp utd, 4th will all but be secured I think.

Truthfully, I fancy our chances against them. We beat them once already at home this year, took them close away, and at least should have had a draw. They are there for teh taking and we could demolish their league ambition totally, we will be well up for it.

To think, if we get a win against the brummies, and then scalp utd, 4th will all but be secured I think.
    Not quite, but it'd be a great start. If we can win four out of the last six (Brum, Spuds and one out of Villa/Manyoo plus one of the away games (probably the hammers), that'd take us to 71 points. Even if Liverpool won their last 5 (including Chelsea), they'd only reach 70. It's in our hands.

I reckon it could come down to the Spurs game tbh.4th place playoff

I reckon it could come down to the Spurs game tbh.4th place playoff

When is the Spurs game on again????
    Nerves are shot with this and exams!!

• Advertisement

When is the Spurs game on again????
    Nerves are shot with this and exams!!
    Wednesday May 5th; second last game of the season.

blueser wrote: »
    Wednesday May 5th; second last game of the season.

Thanks for that but aw fcuk it!!!!!, my 1st exam is on that day!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just finished watching the Birmingham match - thought I'd drop in to say the following:

Adam Johnson is a ridiculous player.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Just finished watching the Birmingham match - thought I'd drop in to say the following:

Adam Johnson is a ridiculous player.

In what way???

Ridiculously good I'd imagine:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

In what way???

Ridiculously good I'd imagine:D

Yeah he's brilliant.

Is he in the England squad?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Yeah he's brilliant.

Is he in the England squad?

I don't think so, but am not certain:)

Don't qoute me but I think the final squad is released around May 12th so he could still get a place!!

• Advertisement

Sorry, provisional squad to be named on May 16th with the final squad to be named on June 1st after a training camp:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Some comical stuff being said in the Liverpool thread about City and Mancini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Esse85 wrote: »
    Some comical stuff being said in the Liverpool thread about City and Mancini

100% agreed. I wish you'd stop tbh, making a show of yourself.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Thanks for that but aw fcuk it!!!!!, my 1st exam is on that day!!!!:mad:

it'll be an evening kick off. Your exam is hardly on during the evening.

it'll be an evening kick off. Your exam is hardly on during the evening.

No, but have another one 2 days later.......
    I'm sure that won't prevent me from watching tho':D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement