Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

14 goals in the past 3 games is simply fantastic.

So much for the boring Italian manager :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So much for the boring Italian manager :pac:

yeah.

wtf happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Esse85 wrote: »
    Some comical stuff being said in the Liverpool thread about City and Mancini

I wouldn't worry a bit about the **** that gets said in the other threads at the moment about City......
    Lots of nervous heads out there who realise the cosy top 4 is soon to be no more!!!! Also can't be easy for those who's predictions about City's season finish being typically crap not materialising;)

Stay here in this thread man, this is where the party and good times is at!!!!!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

SlickRic wrote: »
    yeah.

wtf happened?

It was all an elaborate ruse...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I wouldn't worry a bit about the **** that gets said in the other threads at the moment about City......
    Lots of nervous heads out there who realise the cosy top 4 is soon to be no more!!!! Also can't be easy for those who's predictions about City's season finish being typically crap not materialising;)

Stay here in this thread man, this is where the party and good times is at!!!!!!:D:D

Very true, theres a lot of folk rattled at the thought.

It's great!

karma_ wrote: »
    Very true, theres a lot of folk rattled at the thought.

It's great!

Absolutely, hope to hell we can rattle them so more, especially this weekend, oh, the nerves!!!:eek:

Another thing, does anyone else think Tevez could finish the top scorer in the league given his recent run of form? Only 4 behind Rooney as of now. would love to see him get it and think it could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Another thing, does anyone else think Tevez could finish the top scorer in the league given his recent run of form? Only 4 behind Rooney as of now. would love to see him get it and think it could happen.

I think Drogba's in a much better position to do so and probably will too.

Can't see why not.......

I wonder then if he could be rated "top class" if he finishes above Rooney or will there be some other criteria he doesn't quite fit according to certain posters.....

Would've been interesting to see what goal tally he would've ended on if he had been playing straight from the start of the season??

jasonorr wrote: »
    I think Drogba's in a much better position to do so and probably will too.

What is the amount of goals they both have now??

• Advertisement

Rooney - 26
    Drogba - 25
    Tevez - 22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

What is the amount of goals they both have now??

25-22 in Drogba's favour, Rooney has 26.

Reported on Sky news that Adebayour has announced his retirement from international soccer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Reported on Sky news that Adebayour has announced his retirement from international soccer

Yeah saw it myself.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6090304,00.html

Gillington wrote: »

Well, I'm definitely glad he won't be travelling anywhere with Togo again:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,142 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Hey folks, one of my brothers recent former pupils in Galway was signed up by Man City, by the name of Cunningham, anyone know anything about how he's getting on? Has played U-17 for ireland and aparantly has a great record. Brother was saying he looked amazing any time he saw him play.

I enquired about Greg Cunningham about 18 months ago here, great to see that he seems to have come on in leaps and bounds as a fullback and has now made a couple of premier league appearances. Can only be good for the country too. My brother was speaking to his brother recently and apparently he's absolutely loving it over there anyway, finds the academy brilliant and they're obviously still progressing youth through still (though admittedly of late more due to injuries).

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I enquired about Greg Cunningham about 18 months ago here, great to see that he seems to have come on in leaps and bounds as a fullback and has now made a couple of premier league appearances. Can only be good for the country too. My brother was speaking to his brother recently and apparently he's absolutely loving it over there anyway, finds the academy brilliant and they're obviously still progressing youth through still (though admittedly of late more due to injuries).

The City academy is fantastic by all accounts, has produced a lot of talent in recent years. I know he got his first league game at the weekend there but he played almost a full half against Scunthorpe in the cup earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Uh-Oh! Just when everything was going so well, Tevez had to go and talk to the The Daily Mail.

tevez on mancini training
    'The players are not happy. We are at the end of a long season, we are tired but there are still double sessions'

tevez on hughes: 'Mark should have been given time The decision was with too much haste. Did the directors think it through?'

tevez on poster 'I have respect for all the clubs I used to play for. That was not showing respect, was it? what was the point?'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/13/carlos-tevez-criticises-roberto-mancini

Pighead wrote: »
    Uh-Oh! Just when everything was going so well, Tevez had to go and talk to the The Daily Mail.

tevez on mancini training 'The players are not happy. We are at the end of a long season, we are tired but there are still double sessions'

tevez on hughes: 'Mark should have been given time The decision was with too much haste. Did the directors think it through?'

tevez on poster 'I have respect for all the clubs I used to play for. That was not showing respect, was it? what was the point?'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/13/carlos-tevez-criticises-roberto-mancini

Let's hope it's not a ploy to get rid of the useless manager:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Nice to see him showing class like that.

Unfortunately he soured my view of him a little bit with his petulance towards the end of his United career but this is a nice statement.

He does seem to be a bit of a malcontent unfortunately.

Just read that and have no problem with any one thing that Tevez said....

Read the artyicle carefully and you will get the journalistic spin put on it!!!
    Thank for the link btw 'cos the standout qoutes alone are quite damning!!:)

But, please, he is the coach and I am the player. He is in charge. I am OK with him."
    This is his response to the double training, I'm tired, don't like to do it but them's the breaks!!!

Nobody ever told me. I'm indifferent towards it but it is important you know I had nothing to do with the poster. I'd have preferred for it not to be there.
    He didn't rate the idea of the poster going up, he obviously didn't hate Utd as much as they thought he did.

I play for the shirt and must respect the right of the people who make decisions to change things, but a team does not form overnight. Mark should have been given more time. The decision was taken with too much haste
    Saying this only means what everyone thought at the time, Hughes was treated badly....It is not a reflection of what he thinks of Mancini then or now....

Read carefully and it becomes very clear that journalists are very smart esp when editing an article,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Just read that and have no problem with any one thing that Tevez said....

Read the artyicle carefully and you will get the journalistic spin put on it!!!
    Thank for the link btw 'cos the standout qoutes alone are quite damning!!:)

Yep, it's fairly standard fare.

I'm sure the double sessions will be worth it if they make the CL. I think most people thought Hughes got the bullet too early but that's no slight on Mancini, as he's done a good job.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Yep, it's fairly standard fare.

I'm sure the double sessions will be worth it if they make the CL. I think most people thought Hughes got the bullet too early but that's no slight on Mancini, as he's done a good job.

Should've expected summat to try to throw the week into discontent!!!! Don't give a fcuk what articles are thrown about as long as City walk away with the 3 pts on Saturday and a tonne of Tevez goals!!:D

There is nothing in that article that any City fan didn't already know or appreciate, other than the poster thing, and if that's how he really felt why did he order one of his own?

We all knew there was some discontent at the training regime Mancini has set, it's been reported many times. We also knew a of of teh players thought Hughes should have been given more time. So nowt new really and hardly surprising from the likes of the Daily Mail.

• Advertisement

Can't beat a bit of sensationalism in the morning.

Nice one Pighead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Reports in Germany today that Man City have agreed to sign Jerome Boateng for €11million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I remember reading a while back that Tevez has that poster (or a copy of it) in his home. He clearly does like it if that is the case.

Can't beat a bit of sensationalism in the morning.

Nice one Pighead.
    No bother Xavi. I've always been a bit tabloidesque in my thinking. Even as a youngster when I got a got a kiss on the cheek from a girl who said she just wanted to be friends, I managed to turn it into a 7 hour torrid marathon sex session when telling the lads about it.

Anyway re this story, surely it's a tad embarrassing for City seeing as they tried to gag Tevez this week, refusing interviews from all sources and telling the media he wouldn't be talking this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Vanbis wrote: »
    Reports in Germany today that Man City have agreed to sign Jerome Boateng for €11million.

€12.5 million actually, and therefore triggering his release clause. Appearantly they are paying him 5million Euro per year. He is a decent player and a very good prospect, but no way is he worth such a salary.

• Advertisement

DubDani wrote: »
    €12.5 million actually, and therefore triggering his release clause. Appearantly they are paying him 5million Euro per year. He is a decent player and a very good prospect, but no way is he worth such a salary.

It reminds me of last year when many said Tevez wasn't worth what he cost!!!
    Be nice to see this one disproved again:)

I remember reading a while back that Tevez has that poster (or a copy of it) in his home. He clearly does like it if that is the case.

Really, that cheers me up no end. I was starting to doubt Tevez there!!:p
    Just joking:D

It reminds me of last year when many said Tevez wasn't worth what he cost!!!
    Be nice to see this one disproved again:)

I have no Issue with the Transfer Fee, which I think is fair enough, and might even be a bargain in a year or two. I just don't think that a 21 year old player that has just about played 1 really decent season (09/10) is worth almost 100k a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Appearantly they are paying him 5million Euro per year. He is a decent player and a very good prospect, but no way is he worth such a salary.

€100k p/w is crazy for someone who has probably had one good season to date.

Yeah 100k is an awful lot,we should stamp some sort of authority down when dealing with contacts otherwise we're gonna got trodden on by greedy players.Anyone know what Boateng is on now?

Good player mind.

No bother Xavi. I've always been a bit tabloidesque in my thinking. Even as a youngster when I got a got a kiss on the cheek from a girl who said she just wanted to be friends, I managed to turn it into a 7 hour torrid marathon sex session when telling the lads about it.

Should've just said it was a cheeky finger tbh. Might have got away with it then.

Yeah 100k is an awful lot,we should stamp some sort of authority down when dealing with contacts otherwise we're gonna got trodden on by greedy players.Anyone know what Boateng is on now?

Good player mind.

He is currently on around 19k a week (950K/year) afaik.

He is currently on around 19k a week (950K/year) afaik.

That's one hell of a wage increase if that's the case.......He must be thinking all his birthdays have come at once:)

Well this is why 100k is ridiculous! We'll be fooked in no time if we carry on like that.Ah sure I'll enjoy it while I can suppose!

I'll ten years of being fecked if it comes after we win a trophy or two.

• Advertisement

Well this is why 100k is ridiculous! We'll be fooked in no time if we carry on like that.Ah sure I'll enjoy it while I can suppose!

Well at least it is only speculation at the moment. I do agree it's a bit much for a player so young, they should earn and play their way into that kind of wage bracket over time.

I honestly have no idea how I will react if we finally do manage to win something.

Yeah I suppose thats the way to look at it! I always did enjoy going to 2nd Div games!
    I honestly have no idea how I will react if we finally do manage to win something.

I hope every United and Liverpool fan I know are in the room when we do win something! They'll hate me after it!

I'll definitely cry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

always going to happen when you bring in investors like the Sheikhs.

you either embrace the success they're going to bring you through their mad spending, or you spend the time wondering what's going to become of your club.

not to tell you how you should feel, but for a club like City, starved of success, i'd choose the former to be perfectly honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Its inevitable that City will win something soon. If you throw enough money at something you'll get it over the line eventually.

Paleface wrote: »
    Its inevitable that City will win something soon. If you throw enough money at something you'll get it over the line eventually.

hse20logo20better2.jpg

hse20logo20better2.jpg

I don't know whether to thank this post or be seriously worried after seeing it:eek:
    Witty one tho':D

tevez_pasion%20800x450.ashx

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/April/Tevez-Pasion
    Tevez talk of the town

Whether he is ‘pinching’ goals from Nedum Onuoha, picking up fans’ awards or just giving opposition managers a headache, it is impossible to keep Carlos Tevez out of the news.

A scoring double at the weekend took his tally for the season to 28 for the season from 33 starts and he is rapidly closing in on the first 30-goal top flight campaign since the legendary Francis Lee achieved the feat almost 40-years ago.

And it doesn’t stop there. The Blues Argentinian striker is currently amongst the frontrunners for the PFA Fans’ player of the year – alongside Drogba and Rooney - having just won their March prize.

If that is not enough, Tevez is also the subject of a new illustration created by Shepherd Fairey, the man behind the inspirational and now famous Barack Obama ‘Hope’ poster.

The iconic new image Tevez Pasión is available as wallpaper on mcfc.co.uk and there will be window stickers and posters from fans to pick up in various shops, including the Arndale store from Wednesday onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

hse20logo20better2.jpg

I doubt even the Sheik has 15 billion a year to throw down the sh*tter.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement