Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

So we all set for tomorrow!?

Pablo,Vieira,Bridge and Superman could all be back although the way we're playing I'd only bring Bridge in.Knowing Mancini it'll be Zab's and Vieira that get the nod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

3 injury time winning goals from United in one season against City. Its almost too much to bear.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

and all 3 stemmed from a city player having posession and giving it away cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Your team really grinds my gears sometimes! Cant believe ye sat back for so long against a piss poor Utd team. If ye had of gone for it earlier it might have been different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

keano_afc wrote: »
    Your team really grinds my gears sometimes! Cant believe ye sat back for so long against a piss poor Utd team. If ye had of gone for it earlier it might have been different.

Agree 100%. There was only one team who wanted to win today. Played like sheep in the last 15 mins. Even Given was off-colour with his kicking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

karma_ wrote: »
    I honestly have no idea how I will react if we finally do manage to win something.

You need'nt have any worries on that score. If They play like they did today, you'll be along time waiting. If they were any good they'd have stood up to the mark today. Clearly they have yet to learn how to deal with the big boys, & no need to say who's the biggest of them. !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Just gotta say what an excellent signing Tevez has been for yous. Scoring goals a plenty with fantastic workrate, not letting his price tag or anything else weigh on his shoulders. Fair play to the lad.

If City manage to nab 4th this season, who do you think will be bought? I'd say the purse strings will become seriously loose and with the prospect of CL football...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Whats the word on Bobby Manc at the end of the season? alot of rumours that he will be gone if we get into europe of not. Who to replace?

Im not sure I want him to stay, I dont particularly like the football thats coming from the club at the minute but he has some of the elements in place for a game Id like. barring a few players, he doesnt seem to have gotten the enthusiasm out of many of our players that you want, and rumours of a summer exedous are growing. So what exactly has he brought to the club that Hughes didnt have? Viera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

folan wrote: »
    Whats the word on Bobby Manc at the end of the season? alot of rumours that he will be gone if we get into europe of not. Who to replace?

Im not sure I want him to stay, I dont particularly like the football thats coming from the club at the minute but he has some of the elements in place for a game Id like. barring a few players, he doesnt seem to have gotten the enthusiasm out of many of our players that you want, and rumours of a summer exedous are growing. So what exactly has he brought to the club that Hughes didnt have? Viera?

We need stability, Mancini can't be blamed for all Hughes' draws.
    9 pts out of the next 4, beating Spuds, and 4th is ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

SeanKev wrote: »
    We need stability, Mancini can't be blamed for all Hughes' draws.
    9 pts out of the next 4, beating Spuds, and 4th is ours.

Well if Spurs get 9 points from the next 4 including loss to City they will get 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

JPA wrote: »
    Well if Spurs get 9 points from the next 4 including loss to City they will get 4th.

We live in hope their season implodes from this point in.

Come on United!

Come on United!

I hope this is the only time I ever have to wish for a utd win.

That's that done, now we need to go and beat Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Get in!

If the boys aren't up for it later on then they deserve nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I hope this is the only time I ever have to wish for a utd win.

I know, it's a horrible feeling!!:eek:

Woeful game. We offered nothing today at all. Why not just go and try and win with an attacking line up at this point in the season rather than play for a draw? What had he to lose? I'm fairly sure most City fans would accept a defeat if he actually played a bit of football. Villa most definitely back in the hunt now and I really don't fancy us to get 3 points from either the Villa or spurs games at this stage.

Thought Vieira was awful today again, why put him out when you know that he will have to come off after 50 or 60mins? In fairness he had a bad luck with teh Given injury but it meant then that he couldn't freshen things up for the final part of the match.

All in all totally depressed after both last weeks debacle and this, I'll be shocked if we even finish 5 now although I hope I get proved wrong!

Point gained, only top 2 teams have taken something from Arsenal away, was a brutal game.
    Everyone was off the boil IMO, except the Defense who were excellent.

Kompany for the armband.

Terrible news about Shay, can we recall Hart?
    Nielsen is too big of a gamble personally.

3 out of 3 is what we should be aiming for, I know we can do it.

Point gained, only top 2 teams have taken something from Arsenal away, was a brutal game.
    Everyone was off the boil IMO, except the Defense who were excellent.

Kompany for the armband.

Terrible news about Shay, can we recall Hart?
    Nielsen is too big of a gamble personally.

3 out of 3 is what we should be aiming for, I know we can do it.

Hart cannot be recalled. According to the BBC yesterday Nielsen is now the only fit goalkeeper we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Absolutely gutted for Shay Given, best keeper in Britain IMO. Its a shame ye will be missing him for the last few games. Is this Nielsen guy any good, never heard of him.
    Givens injury is also a blow for the Republic of Ireland. :(

Get well soon Shay!!!

• Advertisement

Nielsen looked ok when he came on yesterday, he was well caught out by a RVP free kick which was just wide, had it been on target he wouldn't have got near it.

With Given, I think I've seen recovery time for a dislocated shoulder mentioned at around 12 weeks, so he should be fit for next season. As someone said yesterday it could have been a different story had Ireland been going to the WC.

manchinigameshot.ashx?mh=450&mw=800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Nielsen looked ok when he came on yesterday

He did well. At first glance I thought he was Nicky Weaver before the diet:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Heard an interesting idea today in regards Hart, If Birmingham agreed to let him go back for the final two games in return for having him again next season. If Birmingham were interested that, City could well have Hart between the sticks next Saturday.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Heard an interesting idea today in regards Hart, If Birmingham agreed to let him go back for the final two games in return for having him again next season. If Birmingham were interested that, City could well have Hart between the sticks next Saturday.

Yeah heard that meself,during the Villa brum game but Sky said Birm's official stance was that he was there until the end of the season.It'll be interesting to see if mancini has the guts to stick with Nielsen.I'll tell you one thing I wouldnt want to make the decision! Wouldnt like to see Joe out again next term.Anyway heres a vid with Gunnar,seems very level headed

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/Gunnar-Nielsen

Gillington wrote: »
    Yeah heard that meself,during the Villa brum game but Sky said Birm's official stance was that he was there until the end of the season.It'll be interesting to see if mancini has the guts to stick with Nielsen.I'll tell you one thing I wouldnt want to make the decision! Wouldnt like to see Joe out again next term.Anyway heres a vid with Gunnar,seems very level headed

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/Gunnar-Nielsen

Nice one Gillington!!!!!
    Sounds like one of the many guys I know here in Galway, accent wise!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

isn't there some rule about not being allowed to recall a player from their loan when the club they're at is in the same league as the parent club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Presume Birmingham could terminate the deal themselves if they were given incentive to.

Read somewhere today that City could ask the FA(or higher powers) for special allowance to get an emergency keeper loan in.I'll try and find it

• Advertisement

Read somewhere today that City could ask the FA(or higher powers) for special allowance to get an emergency keeper loan in.I'll try and find it

on BBC now mate

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8644269.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Mr Alan wrote: »
    isn't there some rule about not being allowed to recall a player from their loan when the club they're at is in the same league as the parent club?

Correct u can't recall from another league either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

They have done, it was on SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

5 Man City Stars Busted In Sting Operation
    The five Manchester City stars who were fined by police have been named as Shay Given, Kolo Toure, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Patrick Vieira and Stephen Ireland. All were who spotted driving vehicles with tinted windows were too dark to be legal as they arrived at training on Wednesday.

All players were given £30 fixed penalty notices.

The fines were a result of a sting operation mounted by the Vehicle Operator Services Agency (VOSA) at the Carrington complex car park.

An officer from Greater Manchester Police’s Road Policing Unit, working with representatives from VOSA, stopped a number of cars on Carrington Lane, Trafford. A spokesman said,

“The cars were stopped and found to have illegally tinted windows. The drivers were issued with fixed penalty notices and prohibition notices. A variety of companies can tint windows of vehicles to add privacy for the owner.”

It is not known at this time how many crimes against the person or property in the Manchester area went undetected that day due to this mind blowing allocation of police resources

Transfer Tavern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

redout wrote: »
    5 Man City Stars Busted In Sting Operation

Transfer Tavern

"Sting Operation" - LOL

keane2097 wrote: »
    "Sting Operation" - LOL

I know, how ridiculous.......
    I thought it was gonna be something terrible:eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

What's the point of having a transfer window if they're going to allow this sort of thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

What's the point of having a transfer window if they're going to allow this sort of thing?

Absolutely, why should Man City seek special right to deal because they have an injury crisis in a position - every team gets injuries to more than one player of a certain position.

if i was a villa or spurs fan, i wouldnt be happy with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

You'd swear we were the first team to try do this.

Absolutely, why should Man City seek special right to deal because they have an injury crisis in a position - every team gets injuries to more than one player of a certain position.

if i was a villa or spurs fan, i wouldnt be happy with this.

Maybe because there is precedent?

Just read we were linked to Martin Fulop off Sunderland.

Who would you start? Nielsen or Fulop(if we got him)?

• Advertisement

Not having a go at City - if the league let them do it, then why shouldn't they go for it? Plenty riding on it at the mo.

But it seems absurd to me. 2 players injured and special dispensation comes in? With that sort of precedent, Arsenal could probably sign players all season long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its always been the way

we (villa) got gabor kiraly in on loan from palace when we had no fit keepers a few seasons back

Just read Martin Fulop off Sunderland.

Who would you start? Nielsen or Fulop?

Where did ya get that info? Credible???:)

Any news on Shay's shoulder?

Sorry, I thought it had been confirmed that we had gotten Fulop!!

Sorry, I thought it had been confirmed that we had gotten Fulop!!

Sorry my bad.:o

He's the only name I've read so far that we we're linked to.

Sorry my bad.:o

He's the only name I've read so far that we we're linked to.

No problem, I googled it after reading your post and realised it hadn't been confirmed.....

Any idea when a decision will be made??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Any news on Shay's shoulder?

Hopefully he will be back for the start of the euro qualifiers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I understand this has happened before but I would have thought clubs were allowed make these emergency signings only if they literally had NO fit keepers at the club? If yer man Nielsen is fit to play then they should have to make do with him.

Emergency signings should only be allowed in the direst of circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

flahavaj wrote: »
    I understand this has happened before but I would have thought clubs were allowed make these emergency signings only if they literally had NO fit keepers at the club? If yer man Nielsen is fit to play then they should have to make do with him.

Emergency signings should only be allowed in the direst of circumstances.

I'm assuming, with the money they have, they'd get a better keeper than their third choice and he'd start the remaining games. Nothing against City but what's the point of squads then?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement