Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ush1 wrote: »
    Does he not get on with him or something?

They don't see eye to eye.

A quick google including the words 'bust up' should bring up the stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Xavi6 wrote: »
    They don't see eye to eye.

A quick google including the words 'bust up' should bring up the stories.

Hmm, doesn't seem to be much to it. Was reported in February from an "insider" and sounded fairly innocuous. Mancini in the press came out and said he never even sent him away from training and there was no problem.

Wouldn't be convinced he's leaving from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

flahavaj wrote: »
    Surely even Real aren't stupid enough to even contemplate selling Higuain? And if they were he can do far better than City.
    :pac:

Ush1 wrote: »
    Hmm, doesn't seem to be much to it. Was reported in February from an "insider" and sounded fairly innocuous. Mancini in the press came out and said he never even sent him away from training and there was no problem.

Wouldn't be convinced he's leaving from that.

Exactly and that's all people have to go on.

They did have a falling out though definitely over Bellamy not training because of his knees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Wouldn't like to see Bellers go, he's had an excellent season and he's the rare player who works his socks off every game.

Tbh I hope Mancini doesn't go too mad and buy a whole new team, the constant merry go round of players and staff can only be a bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Archimedes wrote: »
    Higuain would be a great buy, and Tevez might just have a word in his ear.

But Gago? No need for him at all. Barry, and more importantly, De Jong are far superior players. City need attacking minded midfielders, from which Gago is a far cry.

Agree completely, If Ireland was on form last season we'd be playing Champions League football, we need a goalscoring playmaker, badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

And Yaya has signed for an english club (see other thread). City i doubt, cause seriously, do we need another player like that?

folan wrote: »
    And Yaya has signed for an english club (see other thread). City i doubt, cause seriously, do we need another player like that?

No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Boateng deal was completed today. Good luck to him and City this season.

City > United.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Gillington wrote: »

Quiet before the storm I would say!!!!
    No way it will stay this quiet with regards comings and goings at City this summer:), I'd imagine....

Petrov's gone. Decent player on his day.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    never really saw all this in him. he scored some crackers, nad when he played he was a serious handful, but he was way too tempermental, and as a person and ambasador for the club, he was not someone I would be worried about loosing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Vieira has signed a new one year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

JPA wrote: »
    Vieira has signed a new one year deal.

Thanks for that info (I think) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Scuba Ste wrote: »

I'm a big fan of his.

I feel he could contribute a lot to a smaller club providing he stays fit.

West Ham possibly?

Thanks for that info (I think) :)
    im not. I dislike Viera. Just cant see how hes improving the team at all other than being a voice of maturity

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news/2010/June/City-sign-Alex-Henshall-from-Swindon-Town

more youth coming into the club. Good news all round there really.

momentum on this is building, and now i see that alves is aslo linked with us. then again, who hasnt been though.

• Advertisement

Even if we dont sign anyone bar Yaya whats our midfield gonna be like next year!?

De Jong
    Vieira
    Barry
    Yaya
    SWP
    Ireland
    AJ
    MJ

The only real justification for this kind of squad I can see is that city is aiming to win the Europa Cup in our first season there and do it in some kind of majestic style.

And thats really not working for me there! there is something seriously wrong if thats whats happening.

I expect us to loose some players over the summer, but then I wanted Viera to be gone too. im not sure whats going on at all, but im seriously worried.

Thankfully at the moment, its all rumour, and i expect nothing major to happen between now and the end of the WC, but some indication of direction would be nice.

For me De Jong was in the top 4 CM/DM's last season so hopefully Yaya's been brought in to replace Barry but knowing the ever exciting Mancini I think we could end up like this,

Gk

Def Def Def Def

Vieira - De Jong - Barry - Yaya - Kompany

Tevez(or any striker that comes back and supports the midfield)

especially on away games!

FFS, im starting to think it might be easier to start listing players who we havent been linked with this season. every plater in the world seems to have "interest from Manchester City" and some other clubs. its one way of winning the league, buying enough players that theres noone left to play on other teams

great start to the season, really going to have to hit the ground running! best way for it.

First match, grudge match against Spurs (not really, but ill make it one with my mates)
    Second match against Liverpool (new manager, god know what the squad will look like, definatly one to watch out for, grudge match with the brother anyway)

Gillington wrote: »
    For me De Jong was in the top 4 CM/DM's last season so hopefully Yaya's been brought in to replace Barry but knowing the ever exciting Mancini I think we could end up like this,

Gk

Def Def Def Def

Vieira - De Jong - Barry - Yaya - Kompany

Tevez(or any striker that comes back and supports the midfield)

especially on away games!

There's no way we'd play that team, we'd draw every game 0-0.

I'm not putting too much stock in the Yaya rumours, I can't imagine he's thinking of transfers while playing in the WC. Plus we need a defensive midfielder like I need a whole in the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Surely Veira will not be as prominent a figure next yer, he's well and truly passed it.. Lasted in Italy so long due to the Italians slower tempo! To be honest id like Yaya because he is a solid player, but i'd prefer if we didnt get him, as is we appear to be in the shop for 40% of the DMC's in europe! De Jong can hold that role alone coupled with someone with a bit of industry in him, like Ireland, and build around that! Our midifeld is something that needs to be assessed quickly! The engine room of the great teams and the invention factory for the world class teams. Mancini is overcompensating and packing it with DMC's to make us tough, perhaps just the Italian way. He needs to get the balance right if we're ever going to play solid attacking football, a Modric or an Affelay is needed as there appears to be no faith in Ireland! Unfortunetly i can't see us ever finding that balance under Mancini, and without that balance i can't see us breaking into the top 4!

Seven years ago today

Puerta2.jpg
    marc_vivien_foe.jpg
    FoeFlowers.jpg

RIP MVF

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/June/Manchester-City-announce-signing-of-David-Silva

Silva signed. interesting implications for other players on the squad. is this the start of something big?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/June/Manchester-City-announce-signing-of-David-Silva

Silva signed. interesting implications for other players on the squad. is this the start of something big?

Yeah, looks like city have massive plans.

Pity, would have liked to have Silva as a squad player for United.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

for your sake, at least it's not a DM that's been signed.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    for your sake, at least it's not a DM that's been signed.

Don't worry,knowing Mancini,theres two on the way

:eek:

Well now I know who's going on the back of next year's home shirt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

:eek:

Well now I know who's going on the back of next year's home shirt :D

You happy with that one? I've not seeing him play enough to hype him to much just yet, from i have saw he looks to be a great signing if he can fit and settle in the Manchester.

I can see Man City getting rid of De Jong, Ireland and maybe Johnson.

If you can sort your defense out you may be able to challenge next season ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

A great statement of intent from city

Vanbis wrote: »
    You happy with that one? I've seeing him play enough just from what i saw and read about.

He is genuine class. Himself and Adam Johnson make for a frightening pair of young wingers for us to have.

In other City news, Attilio Lomabardo (remember him?!) has joined as a coach.

He is genuine class. Himself and Adam Johnson make for a frightening pair of young wingers for us to have.

Adam Johnson was a fantastic signing and a bargain, how he didn't make the england squad ahead of some like Wright Philips was mind boggling itself.
    In other City news, Attilio Lomabardo (remember him?!) has joined as a coach.

What a legend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

THE BALD EAGLE.

Class winger back in the day.

I can see Man City getting rid of De Jong, Ireland and maybe Johnson.

Ive heard this De Jong rumour, and i have to say i would much prefer to see him stay and Viera f off, but thats not going to happen. i rate him much higher than barry too!

Ireland, as ive said before and will say again, i want to stay and to get his form back to a level where he is one of the top players in the league. and not just stay around moaning!

I assume you mean M Johnson, not A. For first team football, i think you are right, but this boy could be one of the greats, he didnt get the title of next Colin Bell for nothing! Farm him out for a season or 2 on loan maybe?

I caould see Weiss going after his decent world cup run, which would be disappointing but understandable.

I cannot see Mancini wanting to get rid of De Jong,he was our second best player last season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Some of the rumours about City are scaring me, I hope the De Jong one is not true but Mancini is certainly not filling me with confidence.

Milner and Agbonlahor? I'd take Milner for sure but do we need another striker? And just how many Defensive midfielders does he want to buy, sure Yaya is quality but we have excellent players for that role already and I would much prefer to see our full back positions strengthened now we have the winger positions filled.

• Advertisement

karma_ wrote: »
    Some of the rumours about City are scaring me, I hope the De Jong one is not true but Mancini is certainly not filling me with confidence.

Where has this rumour come from?
    Milner and Agbonlahor? I'd take Milner for sure but do we need another striker?

No, but even if we did we don't need a shite one.
    And just how many Defensive midfielders does he want to buy, sure Yaya is quality but we have excellent players for that role already and I would much prefer to see our full back positions strengthened now we have the winger positions filled.

We've signed Boateng anyway so that's a good start.

Ive heard this De Jong rumour, and i have to say i would much prefer to see him stay and Viera f off, but thats not going to happen. i rate him much higher than barry too!

If Man City sign Ya Ya Toure which looks likely then De Jong is decent back up or someone they can use tactically when needed.

Barry is over rated and was found again in the World cup in my opinion. I'd put him along Carrick as useless and not good enough for the standard these clubs are ment to be setting.
    I assume you mean M Johnson, not A. For first team football, i think you are right, but this boy could be one of the greats, he didnt get the title of next Colin Bell for nothing! Farm him out for a season or 2 on loan maybe?

Yeah i ment Michael Johnson, they could loan him out but if City sold say Ireland or De Jong then he might get more a chance to play this season coming. He needs to be playing football on a regular basis at this stage, injuries have held him back and slowed his progress down.

No, but even if we did we don't need a shite one.

We've signed Boateng anyway so that's a good start.

I've seen the De Jong one on BBC and Bluemoon so far, although I know that the papers are full of crap normally but you never know.

Totally forgot about the Boateng signing, yes he is quality too and delighted with the Sliva signing today.

Ive seen it on i think Goal.com, a rumoured target for arsenal i believe

So we have Goal.com, Bluemoon (lol) and the red tops.

I think it's safe to say he's going nowhere! :D

Ive seen it on i think Goal.com, a rumoured target for arsenal i believe

Arsenal I have seen linked with Ireland too. I have also seen top 4 clubs linked with Richards and Ned too, which is a worry because a) I think both are good players and have the potential to be real quality and b) why sell them to potential rivals?

As For M Johnson I would love to see him make a full recovery this year and there is definitely room for him in the team.

So we have Goal.com, Bluemoon (lol) and the red tops.

I think it's safe to say he's going nowhere! :D

Agreed, but if the rumours about Yaya are true it gives some added weight to the claim. Unless the earlier poster is right in the suggestion he is to replace Barry.

btw, great to see some life in the thread again :D

If Man City sign Ya Ya Toure which looks likely then De Jong is decent back up or someone they can use tactically when needed.

De Jong decent back up?? Am i the only one that thinks De Jong is a better player than YaYa.. Love De Jong! Tenacious as Fcuk!!

But anyway must say im delighted with the signing of Silva, great footballer but not only this the perfect stature of player City need to be bringing in to show others we mean business.. Of course i do have worries he'll struggle in the Premier League and to be honest i think he's going to find it extremley hard, so much so i think theres a fine line between him being a star and flop! Hopefully not though!

Anyone no what kinda moneys we're looking at here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

£26.1m according to the Spanish media. Excellent price to be fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement