Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EF Typhoon Piccies

• 08-01-2007 2:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Hey guys got sent these by my Aunt who has a friend in BAE i think, these photos have been taken from the rear of a C130 Hercules and are either RAF or BAE Systems or a joint collaboration pictures. Very impressive i think. Not my Pictures, anyhow enjoy.

EF7.jpg

EF6.jpg

EF5.jpg

EF4.jpg

EF3.jpg

EF2.jpg

EF1.jpg

Regards,
    David.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

wow !! that jet is so close !! scary when you think of the height they are at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Just found out its a Eurofighter Typhoon from 29® Sqn RAF, photos taken over the Grimsby Area of the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Nice pics, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Excellent photos. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Great photos, some talented flying there..

Also is there some big RAF airfield in that area, as when i was in England for a few months staying up the road from Grimsby, the amount of fighter planes and helis that used fly over was unreal. I had never seen so many in real life apart from the airshow that was set up in Shannon before the start of the first Gulf war, when the Americans used Shannon as a stopover.

• Advertisement

RAF Waddington is just down the road a few miles, home to Number 5, Number 8, Number 23, Number 51, Number 26 ( RAF Regiment ), and Number 2503 RAuxAF,

Aircraft based there are Tornado F3's, ASTOR platform Aircraft, Boeing E-3D AWACS, and Nimrod R1 Aircraft.

Also RAF Coningsby,Cranwell,Barkston Heath,Church Fenton are in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭piraka

Ahhh. So that is how they get those close up shots. Excellent photos, one wonders how the EF deals with the turbulence. That close brings back memories of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

You can just imagine the lads from dublin who used 'help' with the parking shouting "lock hard, lock the wheel hard left, ah jaysus, you'll never park that yoke in here" in those pics

gatecrash wrote:
    You can just imagine the lads from dublin who used 'help' with the parking shouting "lock hard, lock the wheel hard left, ah jaysus, you'll never park that yoke in here" in those pics

Am.........Ok.................:rolleyes:

gatecrash wrote:

:D

• Advertisement

gatecrash wrote:
    You can just imagine the lads from Dublin who used 'help' with the parking shouting "lock hard, lock the wheel hard left, ah jaysus, you'll never park that yoke in here" in those pics

:D Crazy Kid

I was wondering about the turbulence too.. must get quite windy up there especially with the back door open and and a fighter jet, a mere few metres away from you.. The noise must be something crazy

Advertisement