Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Year's Revolution Results

• 08-01-2007 5:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

Jeff Hardy beat Johnny Nitro in a cage match. I enjoyed this one, no huge bump in it which I was glad with, as they can obviously put on good matches without severely risking their safety. Original finish to it too

Cryme Time won a tag team turmoil contest to get a tag title shot sometime. As soon as this was announced I thought it'd be a bit predictable. Still, very good match. Some good combinations of guys in there. Murdoch is great, as is Haas. I suppose whoever won this could have kinda given away who'd win the tag title match

Kenny beat Flair. I didn't like this one much. After Kenny survived so long in the figure-4 it became clear that he'd win, which is something I don't like. And how are you meant to take Flair seriously when he loses so much?

Mickey James beat Victoria. I really enjoyed this match, it's such a change in WWE when you have two women who don't look completely lost in the ring

I guess it was a no contest with DX vs Rated RKO. Big news here is that HHH got injured when he spinebustered Orton. The commentators said it was a knee injury, but you couldn't be sure if it's another muscle tear he got. Fair balls to HHH, he kept on goin as best he could. They obviously had to rework the finish after that, cos it led to one of the strangest spots I've seen in a wrestling match in a while..HHH was about to do a pedigree on Edge when Orton ran in with a chair, was just about to hit HHH with it, when the ref told him not to and Orton just ran straight back to where he came from. It just broke down after that, Orton bled heavily, Michaels went crazy with a chair, and I wouldn't be surprised if the table spots hadn't actually been planned. It'll be interesting to see what happens DX now, I can't see WWE dropping them yet cos of the amount of merchandise they sell

Masters bet Carlito. It was an alright match. They probably could have done a bit better, but I enjoyed it all the same. I like Masters in the ring, he's very comfortable there

Cena pinned Umaga. Decent enough match. It was the first full Cena match I've seen since the summer, and I was surprised by the complete lack of booing for him. One year ago he was gettin ripped apart by every crowd. He's better at using what he's got in the ring now, that's for sure. I didn't like the way the match ended though, with a roll-up. There's very few occasions when I don't feel cheated out of a roll-up being the finish. And when you consider that two other matches on the card ended with roll-ups, it kind of makes it a really crap ending to the ppv

Other news from the show is that Donald Trump will take on Rosie O'Donnell on Raw.... I haven't got a lot to say about that.... I actually wasn't sure if I'd imagined their "feud" or not. I turned on NBC news last week, wonderin what was goin on in the world, and I hear Trump callin in sayin that he feels sorry for Rosie's girlfriend, that she has to kiss that fat ugly piece of garbage goodnight. I honestly thought it was someone takin the piss out of him. He's a sad sad man if he feels the need to resort to name calling when someone disagrees with him

Overall it was a decent ppv, no outstanding matches but there weren't a whole load of stinkers either, which makes it an above average WWE ppv. Pity that HHH got hurt, I don't enjoy seeing him these days, but I hate to see wrestlers get injured

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    I actually wasn't sure if I'd imagined their "feud" or not. I turned on NBC news last week, wonderin what was goin on in the world, and I hear Trump callin in sayin that he feels sorry for Rosie's girlfriend, that she has to kiss that fat ugly piece of garbage goodnight. I honestly thought it was someone takin the piss out of him. He's a sad sad man if he feels the need to resort to name calling when someone disagrees with him

She started it on her show, I think it's called The View, when she started saying things about him.

She's the sad one. She even had to apologise to Chinese people for mocking how they talk.

She's a no-talent big mouth. Trump rules.

As for this show, I liked it. I'm not a fan of DX but The Game showed guts tonight as he tried to save the match.

Reports are stating that he's torn his quadracep again. I hope it's not as bad as his last injury was 5 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Fozzy wrote:
    He's a sad sad man if he feels the need to resort to name calling when someone disagrees with him

not at all. it was Rosie O Donnell who threw the first punch

i can see it now, Trump will turn up on RAW, no Rosie O Donnell. something will happen between Trump and Vince leading to this rumoured billionaire v billionaire match at Wrestlemania :mad:

What the hell are those two doing on raw?So Donald Trump is going to start wrestling a woman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I have gotta give props to Triple H! Not many (I can't think of one on the current roster), would carry on a match if they got injured! Hopefully its not his quad.

I don't know how he did 2 or 3 (can't remember exactly) Pedigrees with his injury!

Get well soon Game!

As for Trump Vs. McMahon, I look forward to seeing how it plays out. WWE have been surprising me lately with how they are playing out storylines, so i'm gonna have faith about this one! Although, i will prob be dissapointed!

NYR was pretty good on a whole, I missed Flair Vs. Kenny. I loved the finish to the cage match, although i'm fairly sure i've seen it before. The womens title match wasn't too bad and the WWE title match was passable, crap finish though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Not a bad PPV.
    Loved the ending to the cage match! Unique!
    HHH is truely the king of kings! Solid as they come!
    The ending to the Cena match was spot on. The only way Cena could have come out of that match was something like a cradle.

Was the Carlito/Masters match a fúck up finish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I only saw a bit of this last night, how did the cage match end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

cage match ended when hardy was blocked getting out the door by milena, nitro came out roof but hardy kicked through door and nutsed nitro with it on his way down the outside, with nitro hung up on the door hardy rolled through for victory.
    tag team turmoil was going to be my match of the night, until the equally excellent tag team title match went into overdrive. i agree with fozzy that it looks like michaels just said "to hell with this" and changed the ending. fair play trips for the attempts at pedigreeing with a torn quad, it's not the first time he's gotten up with that injury and finished a match, a real tough sob. fair dues to Orton and Edge too, they had a great match and seemed to go along with the end, despite huge chair shots and spots especially on orton.
    those four were really on last night, it's a pity it wasn't the main event because it was certainly good enough for mania that match.
    all in all only dissapointments were carlito masters match, and the ending of FLair v kenny but seriously kenny v flair was way better than i expected, kenny and in fairness he's only 20 was a little inexperienced against such an older guy , he was often ready for a shot before flair had even set up, but an interesting end, and great to see Flair giving to the business, a couple of wins over the nature boy can really set a career going. i hop e they let flair get a win to keep him going but he did the right thing for the long run yesterday while proving he can still do it in the ring (suplex to the outside , thrown off the top rope, not easy at 57)

With Nitro getting crotched on the cage door! It was quite unique!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Mossy Monk wrote:
    not at all. it was Rosie O Donnell who threw the first punch

I'm sure Trump has been criticised possibly thousands of times before, so I just think it's petty of him to personally attack her in public now. You're not even allowed attack people like that on Boards! I don't think she's any better, but he's got it made, he should have more sense. Unless he had it all planned to help out his mate Vince.. For the record, when their two wrestlers fight, the ending will have Trump and Vince both fire their respective wrestlers

Who knows, HHH could be back quicker from his injury this time. Vince got the same injury in both legs at the Rumble either last year or the year before, and he had a match in a fraction of the time it took HHH

This thing with Trump is ridiculous! The shít with K Fed was bad enough. Why the hell do we have to watch Trump and Harn.. err O'Donnell on RAW!

Hope your right about HHH Fozzy! It would be mad not to have him at WM23!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

WM I think would be a bit of a long shot. Interesting that it was exactly 5 years to the day since HHH returned from his quad injury that he got injured

I don't think the ending to Masters and Carlito was ****ed up, although I think I remember Masters looking a little surprised when it ended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Fozzy wrote:
    Who knows, HHH could be back quicker from his injury this time. Vince got the same injury in both legs at the Rumble either last year or the year before, and he had a match in a fraction of the time it took HHH
    yeah it all depends on how bad the tear is, but Trip will be a stickler for coming back in peak condition or not at all, so i can't see him rushing it. i reckon SummerSlam at the earliest.

Fozzy wrote:
    I don't think the ending to Masters and Carlito was ****ed up, although I think I remember Masters looking a little surprised when it ended

Exactly! That's why I thought it was a fcuk up! He looked shocked!:confused:

Advertisement