Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD, Plasma, rear projection??? confused!!

• 08-01-2007 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of buying a 42" tv seems how there seems to be so many good deals at the moment, however can anyone explain (in laymans terms!!) the main differance between LCD, Plasma & rear projection.
    It will be mainly for TV use but also for PS2 use, some people told me that PS2 will wear out a plasma screen & would have to get new TV after a few years??
    I heard Dunnes are offering a 42" Phillips for €1,299 but I dont know the spec or if its any use & on DID website theres a Phillips 42PF3331 42" HD Ready Widescreen LCD TV for €1,399.95 & a Sony KDF50E2010QTN 50" 3LCD Rear Projection TV for €1,389.95, which would be better?

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rizzo the Rat

On a related topic I am about to buy at 42" Philips LCD TV. I was wondering has anyone else recently purchased one of these and how do they find it? Any problems with blurring etc for sport??
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭The Denouncer

Hi,
    In general terms what you need to decide is what type of display suits you -

If you are into movies then a plasma is generally regarded as being the closest to the cinematic experience.

If you are into games/general TV watching then LCD is the way to go.

This may be of use:
    http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/94117.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Have a read of this site anyway: http://www.plasma-lcd-facts.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Hi,

I recently bought a Philips 42" PF 5421 LCD for 1299 in Curry's and i have to say i am delighted with it. Great picture, great sound and a nice black surrounding.

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Hydromonkey I see you are online so you may be able to answer a question I already submitted.

Knowing absolutely nada about the different TVs I have been told of a SPECIAL OFFER of a Sony 20" HD TV going for €599 (reduced from €799). I have read the website so do you think this is a waste of money and would I be better of going for a larger size TV? Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement