Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2142 rifles....

Options
  • 08-01-2007 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I appear to be a bit of a heathen when it comes to the bf2142 sniper rifles. I have all recon equipemnt unlocked but I still use the basic rifle as my standard.

I've heard people claim that the lambert carbine is the leg-joints of a swarm of african killer bees but I miss the zoom function with the scope.

The zeller is nice but the 3 shot mag is a pain. The only advantage I can see is the shooty-mines-and-shield ability. The constant reloading really gets me though so I tend to avoid this rifle.

The morretti (the basic with the round scope) has to be my favourite so far....

am I missing something?

Almost the same story with the other kits I am now working on unlocking.

Assault:
    The basic is nice. though I hate the one with the oval sights....
    I prefer the Voss LAR to the Baur. Just "feels" nicer to use. Still havent permanently unlocked either of these so any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Engineer: no unlocks so far but comments on the weapons would be nice. I'm leaning toward the AT rifle.

Support:
    Basic MG is very nice indeed :)
    Ganz HMG I find too inaccurate. cant hit the side of a barn from 10 paces - even though I can almost snipe with the standard gun! perhaps I'm just using it wrong...
    Shotgun: I havent tried. any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Basic Sniper: excellent gun with the scope and stabiliser, you can still kill in 1 hit with headshots

Zeller: comes into its own supporting an armored assault, taking out the mines or titan assault where there are loads of apm's and rdx.

Lambert: in close quarters this gun will rip up anyone, combined with the gyro stabiliser and single fire it can pick people off at most ranges.

Basic assault: the Krylov is good the scar sucks, i would sometimes take the krylov over the unlocks.

Baur: This gun is fantastic..... on single fire. the 20 bullet clip is the ultimate killer. a full clip into the weakspot of a walker will do roughly 30 damage.

Voss: Weapon of the gods, on auto fire controlling your bursts can make it an excellent fire support gun. on single fire its fairly accurate once you can control the sway. the 40 bullet clip gives you excellent longevity if you are in a fixed position.

Basic engineer: guided missile, decent damage, nuff said.

Pillum: inacurate to a degree but fire and forget means you dont have to stand and guide your shot in all the while taking enemy fire. its easy to get the hang of the bullet drift and you can get 1 hit kills on ANY vehicle with it. damage is heavy (3 shots to kill a console or other titan peice)

AA: crap unless you lock on, but like other engy guns it will kill another player if you hit. the missiles track relentlessly the only defence is the shield or some weird ass flying.

Basic support: light damage, accurate, doesnt overheat to quick.

HMG: massive damage, inacurate, overheats quickly. you need to ride the red line with this to make it useful, control your bursts and you can maintain a semblance of accuracy, if you do this gun will tear up anyone.

Shotgun: more powerful than the shotgun add-on for assault. it comes into its own on infighting maps like cerbere landing, belgrade and all titan maps. the only gun you can get a pin for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Engineer - Pilium wow, its likes sniping but its tanks you're taking out, best thing to do is hide and wait for them to come up close.

AA - alrite, however if 2 of ye have one, their bloody lethal.

Recon - Lambert, love it, you can take out 3 to 4 guys with it no probs. Very tough to take out someone prone for some reason tho. fire in burst, tap, tap etc. Don't hold it down, tis useless then.

Zeller, have'n bothered since i got the lambert and started going for the other class badges. Its handy for mines, great fun taking out a demopak with people around it and watch who planted it get the tks for it.

support- ganz, is poo, but pretty good in the cramped titan corridors .

Clark - Wow up close f'in lethal, plu 10 points for every 8 kills. the clark and the detection thingy together are fantastic.

Assault - Baur love it, and tap, tap, tap, holding it down making it redundant. Equip the shotgun attachment. Be prepared to turn tail and run like a mofo when yu run out of ammo, which happens alot.

Voss - 300 points away from unlocking it but have stolen and used on squad upgrade thingy. Meh, i've trained myself to use the baur(first baur impressions were its sh1te), so i'm have to do the same with Voss. will let you know in a week or so after training. I will say this i've been killed enough times by the voss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skylerr

I've tried every weapon and the Lambert has still got to be my favourite. Stick it onto single shot and it gets to great distances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

Support: If your majoritively defending a Titan the Shotgun is Brilliant, although it does take a bit more consideration when it comes to aiming as if you miss your shot, more than likely your opponment is going to have a LMG/HMG (in my experience anyway) and they'll blast you away everytime, but if you trust your aim, the shotgun is perfect for close quater clear outs.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

IMO the VOSS is a cheat gun.

I can see it getting nerfed in the future.
    I love it.
    I miss it too because Im chasing my recon service badge atm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement