Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage relief

Options
  • 08-01-2007 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Can anyone tell me when the extra mortgage relief given by mr cowen budget will kick in and how much roughly should I expect for a not marrried couple should expect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It works with the tax year (same as calendar year), so it has kicked in already, although some people said it took a few months for it to filter through for them last year.

Individual circumstances vary, take a look at http://www.budget.gov.ie/2007/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Hi, I've another mortgage relief question. My mortgage started in June. I was a bit of an eejit and thought the bank had organised the mortgage relief for me. I certianly spent enough time signing paperwork with them :D Realised in December that they hadn't and filled out the relevant forms on www.revenue.ie. Has anyone any idea how long it will take? I assume it will be backdated, will they send a cheque or add it to my paycheque?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Actually, I think they'll pay the backdated money into your mortgage account, so you won't actually see it at all.

At least that's what happened with mine earlier this year.

It's all good, Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

It depends on the bank; I was on the wrong rate for a while and the correction was spread over the rest of the year.

Something else to check is that if you didn't take out payment protection insurance, that it isn't being charged - the extra €500 coming up to Christmas after getting my first annual statement and complaining was very welcome.

• Advertisement

I still haven't heard anything about this. Who should I contact. Revenue or the bank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The revenue TRS department.

Got onto them and they said the account number was wrong. I called the bank they said the number was right.... Don't you just hate it when a plan doesn't come together.

Advertisement