Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 306 Handbrake

Options
  • 08-01-2007 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

1996 ph1 Peugeot 306 saloon 1.9d (drum brakes)

Hi have a small problem with my cars handbrake.
    its pulling more on the LHS than the RHS.
    I have tighten it but this did not help. The two cables go into one at the handbrake where there is one adjusting bolt. The system is supposed to have a self adjusting system for the brakes but i dont think this includes the handbrake. i havent taken off the hub to see the shoes but im thinking they should wear more or less the same. If i pull it on gravel at 10MPH both wheels will skid but on tarmac only th LHS one will skid. i think the brakes are fine ie no imbalance, i did a few emergency brake tests and the car went dead straight but the rear wheels did not lock but i believe there is some sort of simple ABS system in there for the rear. What could be causing this imblance and has anybody any experience removeing these hubs??

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Demmo

Hi
    sounds like the read shoes are not adjusted correct. sometimes they wind off themselves if the self adjuster is seized. This car would not have ABS.
    The drums are tough to get off because of the lip that is on the drum. You'll have to beat out the stub axle to remove the drum.

Give me a shout again if your having trouble.

Advertisement