Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moviestar.ie help!!!

Options
  • 08-01-2007 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

just seen a post about moviestar.ie that the site is run by cowboys, the site now seems to be down. i entered into a one month free trial and they have my credit card details. checked my credit card balance today and they have billed me. help! can anyone offer advice at how i can get out of this before they keep billing me, what can i do if the site is down? :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Did you check the terms and conditions of the "free trial"?
    Why was your credit card needed for a free trial?

Try to get a contact number and give them call. Google might be able to throw something up for you.
    After that, call your bank and get them to stop the money coming from your credit card. It probably was authorised in the small print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Payment queries: accounts@moviestar.ie
    Customer Service: service@moviestar.ie

Customer Services
    Moviestar Entertainment Ltd
    Suite 322 The Capel Building
    Mary’s Abbey
    Dublin 7

Phone: 1850 700 100

Google's cache of their Contact Us page

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

thanks man, but it never said anything about handing over cash, honest! i checked small print. credit card was needed as you were receiving dvds from them, so i suppose it was to guarantee you werent going to keep their dvds! im going to ring mbna now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Moved to Consumer Issues. I think you'll probably get more help here.

thanks Karl

• Advertisement

great!!! MBNA cant do anything to block more payments coming from my account, this is fecking sweet! they want a look at the T&C from the site. How can i do this if the site is down i asked!
    im snookered! :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Google's cached moviestar.ie Terms and Conditions page.
    Free Trials
    Free trials are only available to new subscribers of the MovieStar service. Previous subscribers or trialists of MovieStar do not qualify for a free trial. Only one free trial may be redeemed per household and a free trial may not be combined with any other offer. You must have internet access and a valid credit/debit card to redeem a free trial offer. People who break this rule will be charged the monthly subscription, without notice, for any additional trial taken.

Upon registering for your free trial, your credit card will be authorized for approximately three months of service. No charges, however, will be made against the card unless you do not cancel prior to the end of your free trial period or you do not return DVDs before the end of the trial.

The free trial will end at the end of the period of your trial. There is no DVD limit for your trial period. You may choose to become a full member at any time during the free trial period.

We will begin billing your credit card for monthly subscription fees for the MovieStar Service once your trial period has ended. Unless you cancel prior to the end of your free trial and return DVDs before the end of the trial. We will continue to bill your credit card on a monthly basis for the MovieStar Service until you cancel.

You must cancel your account and return DVDs before the end of your free trial period to avoid charges to your credit card. For instructions on how to do this, see the section on 'cancellation' below.

MovieStar reserves the right to change the free trial offer without notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Fair play to ya Aidan!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

thanks man, but it never said anything about handing over cash, honest! i checked small print. credit card was needed as you were receiving dvds from them, so i suppose it was to guarantee you werent going to keep their dvds! im going to ring mbna now
    T&Cs wrote:
    Upon registering for your free trial, your credit card will be authorized for approximately three months of service. No charges, however, will be made against the card unless you do not cancel prior to the end of your free trial period or you do not return DVDs before the end of the trial.

Dun dun duuuun

Well done Batman. :)

thanks very much for all of this ive cancelled the subscription, the site is back up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 johncasey12

just seen a post about moviestar.ie that the site is run by cowboys, the site now seems to be down. i entered into a one month free trial and they have my credit card details. checked my credit card balance today and they have billed me. help! can anyone offer advice at how i can get out of this before they keep billing me, what can i do if the site is down? :-(
    Hi I also have a problem with this site, was running one day and gone the next,

I found a contact gavin at moviestar.ie and a name Gavin McConnon, may be you can do a search on this, As far as I can see, he has been involved with a lot of companies that are no longer trading!!

Company MCC Print & Promotions

Hope this helps

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi I also have a problem with this site, was running one day and gone the next,

I found a contact gavin at moviestar.ie and a name Gavin McConnon, may be you can do a search on this, As far as I can see, he has been involved with a lot of companies that are no longer trading!!

Company MCC Print & Promotions

Hope this helps

This thread is 11 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@johncasey - do you have a problem with Moviestar that you need help with? Otherwise, I will close this thread as it is 11 years old.

dudara

Advertisement