Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat roof + Quote

Options
  • 08-01-2007 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a second story dormer bedroom flat room. There are two bedrooms, so the flat room is about 20' x 12'. I had a roofer around the other day, who said yes, it had blisters so did need to be done.

In order to do it, 1300 euro "cash price". By the sounds of it, it'll take 1 and a quarter days. I think this is a ridiculous price to torch on some felt, and stick create the seal under some tiles. Anyone got experience in this field?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

Hello,

I have a second story dormer bedroom flat room. There are two bedrooms, so the flat room is about 20' x 12'. I had a roofer around the other day, who said yes, it had blisters so did need to be done.

In order to do it, 1300 euro "cash price". By the sounds of it, it'll take 1 and a quarter days. I think this is a ridiculous price to torch on some felt, and stick create the seal under some tiles. Anyone got experience in this field?

I have a similar sized flat roof (20' x14') and recently got a quote for 3,500euro. This quote involved removing the existing roof, new treated plywood, insulation and laying new felt. They originally quoted me 4,500!

I think i'm going to end up doing this myself in a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ciara22

I have a house that I was renting, and the tenants never told me the roof was leaking so it got continuously worse. By the time they moved out, the ceiling was nearly caved in.
    Im not sure of the size of the roof but the room underneath that part is only a small box room. My uncle said he could do it for about 1200 euros. Then he discovered the entire flat roof (covering a box room and standard double room) needed replacing - costing about 3000 or more. So I guess thats the cost of things these days. :(

Still havent got it fixed so Id say theres a lake in me house

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

After the initial quote of 1300, (plus all the usual 'on the insurance' shiiite) got it done for 750 cash, with a bit of flashing thrown in. Tip top job I think, pays to shop around. Gives a bit of peace of mind - if the chip board gets wet underneath - ruined.

Advertisement