Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a solutions to dublin airports transportation worries

• 08-01-2007 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

A second airport in the Dublin area.

The Air Corps sells Baldonnel off and the public sector can start operating from there. They can then use that money to purchase Eurofighters and relocate all aircorps assets down to Shannon with a top quality military hangar to match.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

Maskhadov wrote:
    A second airport in the Dublin area.

The Air Corps sells Baldonnel off and the public sector can start operating from there. They can then use that money to purchase Eurofighters and relocate all aircorps assets down to Shannon with a top quality military hangar to match.

Shannon is too busy to accomodate both civillian and military traffic, especially if you were going add fighters or other aircraft to the AC's fleet. It would make sense to move the CASA's to Shannon, but not the entire Air Corp.

If you were going to go down that road then the development of Baldonnel as a joint military/civillian site would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I agree, you could base 1 Casa in EINN and one in EICK to cover the west and South, save alot of money instead of wasting it by flying cross country just to get to the OPS Area. As soon as i heard Enda Kenny this morning i knew he meant Bal i just knew it, fair play to him hes got my vote, PC9M's taxi right and all Civvies turn left, hell if they can do it in the US with the USAFRES and the ANG then to hell with them do it here!!!! thanks!

Advertisement