Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Orchestra Of Christmas Charity in Cork

Options
  • 08-01-2007 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,
    Every year in Poland charity fundation named The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity organising Great Final where Poles all around the country seting up concerts, creative happenings, and parties during which they could collect change that would be later on put on The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity account.
    During that events there are an auctions where you can buy almost everything. Of course all of the money going to The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity account.
    All money collected during Great Finals are spend on saving life medical
    equipment on pediatric wards in Polish hospitals.
    This year Great Final will be organaising by myCork on behalf of The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity in Cork City also.
    Main event will take place in An Cruiscin Lan on Douglas Street, including concert of Poles Apart funky-latino band (you might know them from excellent perfomances during Midsummer Festival and Guiness Jazz Festival), DJs show and auctions of interesting things (i.e. Cork hurling yersey signed by goal keeper Donal Og Cusack, or FC Cork City yersey signed by members of the team).
    p.s. you can read more about The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity on that link: www.en.wosp.org.pl/fundation
    or more about event on mycork.org

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fishkha

oh... I forgot about date,
    it's Sunday 14th January

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Myself and herself (Who's Polish!) will be there. My band used to play in Bialo Czarwoni in Cork, so did Poles Apart - heard superb things about them.

Advertisement