Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended cycling gloves

Options
  • 08-01-2007 12:33pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im buying my boyfriend a pair of cycling gloves for his birthday as he keeps nicking mine!

I have a pair of winter cannondale gloves & I find them OK. Would anyone be able to recommend a brand or specific pair of gloves?

thanks

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

sealskins are good for winter use.
    I've had a pair for a few years now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I always get fingerless ones with a thick palm, that look like they're going to hold together. That's about my only requirement!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

taconnol wrote:
    I have a pair of winter cannondale gloves & I find them OK.
    Maybe get a second pair of Winter Cannondale. If you can ask the boyfriend whether he likes them, it might be a less risky option than going for something neither if you have used, of course, endorsements from forum members is helpful.

I have Altura Thermastretch gloves. The windproof backing is the main feature. It reduces the wind chill and is quite water resistant. My thumb and some finger tips do get numb when it is quite cold out, but part of that must be related to my circulation (my hands get cold easily).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Thanks guys - I might just go for another pair of cannondale

• Advertisement
Advertisement