Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No vouchers received

Options
  • 08-01-2007 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

I ordered vouchers from a well known company on Dec the 8th as a Christmas present for one of my relatives on the internet. I was informed that they would arrive in 8-10 days. That they would be delivered normal post.

To this day, Ive never received the voucher.

I rang the Thursday before Christmas and was assured that they would arrive.

No vouchers arrived, so I rang them again Wednesday last week. I was told that they would refund the money to my account. I emailed them back saying that it was not good enough. So they said theyd give me €5 as compensation. I still think this isnt good enough. I rang them twice from my mobile, taking at least 10 mins each time to talk to someone. I stood there Christmas day apologising for no present - that I would receive it in the new year (but still received nothing) and pass it on straight away.

Is there any consumer rights here? Anything I can quote them. As far as I am concerned, it is their responsibility to ensure that the good are delivered and received.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

To be honest, it doess sound like the company in question have done all they can.
    If the order was lost by an post then thats not really they're fault as the order cannot be tracked in the regular mail and they offered you more money back on top of the refund.
    I know it sucks not to havea gift but they have given you a full refund and even offered money back on top of this.

Advertisement