Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Recrooty

Options
  • 08-01-2007 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

Salvage Team and Rig Suppliers [Star5]

Is recruiting gallente players (for the moment, foreign devils after this weekend) Ideally suited to newer players or players who want to hang out in empire without having to listen to the garbage spewed out of noob corps.

HQ: Luminaire Federation Navy Assembly

Requirements: Salvage destroyer* (my loadout 4 salvagers, 4 tractors, mwd, cap charger and 3 capacitor power relays. gives me a recharge time of 104sec and i can run all the modules for extended periods)

Tax: 25%** (sounds harsh but its explained)

Benefits: Free tech 1 ships (up to gallente cruisers expanding as funds permit), free tech 1 modules and drones to fit the ships (non named***)

* - The primary income is from salvage, we have all the rig blueprints so selling constructed rigs is quite lucrative.

** - The tax will take 25% of your bounties and agent rewards and they go into the corp wallet. this fund is used to pay for the corp offices and to buy new blueprints for use in the corp. It can also be used to buy ships/modules we cant produce but are needed.

*** - Named modules will be used for corp fitted ships available in the corp hangar, to be used on corp events. Eventually all we will have is named stuff and the crap can get recycled. at that point named stuff will be freely given to corp members.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

What type of dental plan have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

jeesus! 25% How much are your offices costing you?

Mine cost 11k a month. Ship modules you could make from rat loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

I will break your teeth if you dont join. hows that for dental ;)

yours may cost 11k a month but ours is centrally located. 2 jumps from oursalert. the cost for a central office is anything from 6mill to 15 mill per month.

but like i said the money raised from tax is used to buy and prooduce for the corp. atm ive bought roughly 100 blueprints off my own back and supplied the corp with 20 frigates. ive been running the tax for the last few days and im still able to make cash.

jaggeh wrote:
    yours may cost 11k a month but ours is centrally located. 2 jumps from oursalert. the cost for a central office is anything from 6mill to 15 mill per month.

From what I can figure out the costs are based on your social skills, sec standing and standing with the corp who own the station. Or at least standing with the corp that owns the station.

I have 8.50 standing with CPF (boards.ie 5.something) so its 11k. It is only two jumps from Jita.

I checked setting up a station in Gallente space (where I am negative) and it was around 4 million a month.
    but like i said the money raised from tax is used to buy and prooduce for the corp. atm ive bought roughly 100 blueprints off my own back and supplied the corp with 20 frigates. ive been running the tax for the last few days and im still able to make cash.

Well boards.ie has around 6 members (4 pending who can't figure out how to join fully yet :) ). In that I know at least 3 players are active and two of them are running level 3-4 missions. Corp makes from that about 1 million every 9 days. That's at 2% tax rate.

If I was to have same tax rate and same player base now I would be looking at around 45 million a month profits.

• Advertisement

its based on the availability of offices in your system. that part was introduced to push people away from places like jita/rens/ours etc

i have high standing with the stations corp.

i make my costs transparent, so please stop trying to poopoo my idea.

Whos poopooing it?

I just said the price is somewhat excessive. also how are dividends/profits paid to members?

they are paid in the form of free ships and modules, and if theres enough in the kitty then purchase of battlecruisers/battleships for corp usage.

2 of us doing level 2 and 3 missions are able to earn about 5-6m per day.
    rough guess per month is 160m. that means at the end of the month we both get a battleship from the corp wallet. or we decide to forgoe ships and buy an expensive bpo or 2. a thorax bpo costs 60-70m base price.

probably need to work the figures to make it more profitable to join for salvagers.

For example one level 3 mission. I can make from 2 to 20 million depending if salvage shows up in it or not. That is without creating rigs. Average is around 9 million though. Last two weeks I've spent around 300 million. Most of that revenue has been from salvaging (either rats or market manipulation).

I think where you are more likely to make your money as a salvager corp is 0.0 belt rat incursions, or set up expeditions (which make insane cash). Both would give much better results but would require more revenue/team work to do.

Slowly working my way to an expedition setup (may be a month or so).

expiditions and 0.0 raids require experienced pvp and pve players and allies in 0.0 as i said this would be suitable for newer players or players taking a break from 0.0/rebuilding.

i could easily make the same money just selling my salvage parts or by saving the parts i can make some real profit producing.

what have you spent the 300 million on?

• Advertisement

jaggeh wrote:
    what have you spent the 300 million on?

Raven,
    Insuring raven,
    kitting out raven,
    Hawk + Buzzard, some of the kit for these.
    Advanced skill books for saki and for myself.
    Ships for Saki and kitting them. (low level stuff so not much)
    +3 learning imps for Saki and some for myself.
    Some T1 BPO's (low level junk tbh wanted it to try it out).

Mostly investment for the future stuff.

btw, while expeditions require people with skills to take the bookmarks to the expeditions sell very well. Not all of them require alliances in the space.

Oh yea and some various donations to noobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

yikes, that tax rate will scare off a lot of the more experienced players ... maybe drop the free cruisers and just give free frigs and destroyers, then drop tax rate to 5% .... and possibly give players the option to save mins so the corp could build cruiser/battlecruiser class ships for free with their own well researched ones... if you can get someone with perfect refine skills in the corp you will save a lot of mins that would otherwise be lost in refine

More experienced players usually have a few well researched bpo's with them, as well as being able to fly lev 4 missions => lots and lots of stuff to loot ...

And dont knock 0.0 ratting, there are hundreds of out of the way -0.6 systems all over 0.0 that would provide far more isk/loot than any lev 3 mission ... most 0.0 ratters will be in -0.7 and lower, they are the only systems that have the 1.6mil spawns like Angel Seraphim which drop best named large guns all the time. I would suggest keeping away from the south for a while, too many fleets roaming ..... look at the map over several days and see systems that have only one route in to them but are empty .... you will find lots ..... I would recommend going for sanshas in an amarr BC, no ammo goodness, lots of space for nice mods. just make sure med clone and insurance are up to date :D, what do you have to lose?

oh yea and in case I forgot. Rig drops are similiar to roids. Basically certain rigs drop in different parts of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Tbh join Boards.ie Corp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Hobbes wrote:
    oh yea and in case I forgot. Rig drops are similiar to roids. Basically certain rigs drop in different parts of space.

It's more like different npc's drop different rig components. If your a mission runner you'll get a larger range of parts although you may find you'll be up against certain npc's more than others thus resulting in a larger stockpile of certain set of rig parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Mantel wrote:
    It's more like different npc's drop different rig components. If your a mission runner you'll get a larger range of parts although you may find you'll be up against certain npc's more than others thus resulting in a larger stockpile of certain set of rig parts.

Certain npcs are very hard to find outside of certain areas/complexes.

Mantel wrote:

Nope. As I understand it you can only get the rare rig parts from belt rats and those rats only spawn in certain space near different factions.

I can't find the link :/ but someone on the eve forum did up a chart of what you expect to find in what space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

25% Tax rate!!!!!! F#;k Me!!! Are you completely bonkers?? Your never going to be able to recruit players with a tax rate like that, thats a serious put off for other players IMO.

By all means I wish you well with your venture but I think you will struggle to find new members with a tax rate like that, considering most experienced players start to really moan and scoff at a 10% tax rate. Extortion springs to as a word to use for a tax rate like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Hobbes wrote:
    Nope. As I understand it you can only get the rare rig parts from belt rats and those rats only spawn in certain space near different factions.

Components for tech 2 rigs?

Don't suppose your buying basic rig comonents from the public or have prices for rigs yet Jag?

• Advertisement

i do. join the salvage channel they have a few links that you can use.

one of them tells you the average return from a specific mission and the market value of the return.

Actually if you can get a person who can run probes on board you make mucho more cash. :D

Found three finished DED spaces already with tons of wreaks left behind.

***update***

Now accepting caldari members, caldari frigates stocked.

Tax rate lowered to 7% due to rent for the month being reached. First corp battleship came off the line last night dominix for 25% of the price. (minerals collected by corp members)

now up to 5 members \o/

Still accepting more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Jaggeh, how many rig BPOs do you have? My alt is in a corp with a lot of rig BPOs. The only problem that we have is getting hold of contaminated nanite compounds. I collect rig parts with my main and run them up to empire in a carrier. Then transport them over to the alts corp. Just wondering how you are getting on with the rig market, troubles etc.

so far ive just been producing the rigs with me0 bpo's contaminated nanite compunds are uber rare, well from blood raider and serpentis. i have all the bpo's but atm im making hybrid/cap/drone rigs

Teh rig market is fairly dead i have 2 rigs i havent sold in the last 2 weeks, but theres still some money in it.

i have my domi kitted with 2 drone range rigs (+30km range)

DANN and CNC seem to be the rarest atm.

Teh rig market is fairly dead i have 2 rigs i havent sold in the last 2 weeks, but theres still some money in it.

What price are you selling the rigs at? have you checked across all regions?

As for CNC, its not that rare at all I keep getting those. have 18 at the mo from the last 2 salvage missions.

Only I have started to stockpile instead of sell them as the compound market is for the most part dead and I reckon based on a bit of research that one or more corp/alliance are intentionally deflating the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

rigs are still pretty new, and very expensive. Its the age old senario of early adopters verus price

cnc's are fairly rare. the fact you got a few doesnt mean a thing. the average turnout for a level 4 mission (The Rogue Slave Trader (1 of 2) is 6.4. whereas the level 4 blood raider blockade and vengeance missions average 14.6 and 18.3

The most profitable mission so far is L4 gurista extravaganza with an average of 430 parts, with angel extravaganza in second with 314.

I have a hybrid collison rig im selling for 25m and a capacitor safeguard im selling for 30m (both below region average) but only a couple get sold. im probably going to just stockpile the rigs and sell them in batches later.

http://eve-online.immortal-nights.com/rigs/
    http://www.wreckless-abandon.com/salvage/
    http://eve.podzone.net/wsdb/

jaggeh wrote:
    cnc's are fairly rare. the fact you got a few doesnt mean a thing. the average turnout for a level 4 mission (The Rogue Slave Trader (1 of 2) is 6.4. whereas the level 4 blood raider blockade and vengeance missions average 14.6 and 18.3

Well I got that many from two level 3 missions only. I am not sure where you are basing your figures from but they appear off to the volume I'm getting. The only thing keeping my salvage drops down is what missions I get after I complete the last one.

I hope you don't have Salvage-5 because there is a known bug where the drops are lower then if you had salvage-3.

They are not rare on the market either. Only reason they haven't dropped dramatically in price is because it looks like no one has caused a market collapse yet.

• Advertisement

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe other skills are a factor in what drops and what frequency beyond the ships level.

If I was to go with common sense maybe having a high shield rigging skill will cause more of those to drop.

Advertisement