Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is what im thinking of getting..what you guys think?

Options
  • 08-01-2007 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Ive been thinking bout getting a pc for a while now..and im just gonna buy the parts and try build it all myself.. this will be my first build.. :D

http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.asp?mode=receive&si=419083&su=A352A439-0FD1-4054-8F4E-33202640B788

i just need another 35 euro to get this list including delivery..

i was thinking of getting a 20 inch samsung monitor but that would cost me an extra 100 euro that im not sure ill be able to get or not..but ill find out soon..

so i have some questions that im not sure of..

is everything compatible there??
    is there a difference between the POV 8800gts brand and the XFX one for example..??
    and what do yous think of the motherboard i know its a bit cheapo compared to others..but will it be ok??

im also not planning on overclocking at all..

thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

IgsTer wrote:
    is everything compatible there??

Everything is compatible, component choice is a bit iffy. I would drop the upgrade bundle and go for a separate cpu/ram/motherboard choice. Reason why is that the motherboards komplett offer in those deals are the bad ones they cant get rid of otherwise. The 945 chipset is outdated.
    IgsTer wrote:
    is there a difference between the POV 8800gts brand and the XFX one for example..??

No, differences in customer service from the company's though.
    IgsTer wrote:
    and what do yous think of the motherboard i know its a bit cheapo compared to others..but will it be ok??

As I said above its not a good move to cheap out on a motherboard. A reasonably priced 965 chipset motherboard would be a better buy. Go nuts on cutting costs on the ram. You might find cheaper on www.shop4memory.ie
    IgsTer wrote:
    im also not planning on overclocking at all..

Not everybody does.
    IgsTer wrote:
    thanks..

Your welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

thanks for all that man.. :D

well ye i knew the motherboard didnt seem the best..but ive been watching the upgrade kit section for a few weeks now and they havent changed there motherboards in ages.. :(

hopefully there will be a new motherboard popping up in one of there packages..i think ill be definetly getting a E6600 and the 2gigs of corsiar ram..its only the motherboard that im not sure of..it works out about 50-30 euro cheaper if i get a upgrade kit instead of getting them seperate..as ive found from looking at the previous kits on offer there..which might not sound like much compared tio the price of the hole lot..buts it money i could really use..i guess ill just have to wait for a new upgrade package to pop in with a better 965 board..the longer the wait the more money i can build up and maybe could get a better monitor..so i guess il ljust have to see..

thanks for your help mate.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I think you might be waiting a long time, as I said before they put in the cheapest possible motherboards because they find them hard to sell otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

yeah i know what ya mean..but the last two upgrade kits before the one now where quite good motherboards..they were priced around 150euro if you wanted to buy them seperatly..but if i got them with the kit i would have been saving alot of money but that was when i hadnt got this type of money i have now so i missed out..ill just see what the next kit is..but if it takes too long ill just go ahead and buy a board seperatly..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

send them a email.

• Advertisement
Advertisement