Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G Broadband now €39 with 5Gb cap

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

fair play Voda, /me is still impressed with them JTG :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

madness..i work for vodafone in that area and hadn't been informed of that price change

just to check is this incl VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

just to check is this incl VAT?
    i assume so as the prices quoted for Three's service are the price inc VAT

wirelessdude so you work for vodafone..........could you advise me on where or who i need to get in contact with to find out if and when Vodafone plan to upgrade a mast near to me?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

madness..i work for vodafone in that area and hadn't been informed of that price change
    That's not surprising. :)

• Advertisement

i assume so as the prices quoted for Three's service are the price inc VAT

wirelessdude so you work for vodafone..........could you advise me on where or who i need to get in contact with to find out if and when Vodafone plan to upgrade a mast near to me?

Cheers!

if you ring 1907 they should be able to direct your query to the right dept...i work in the mobile data side of things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Not really going to be impressed until they start giving decent caps. 5gigs with a 1.8meg connection is a joke really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Not really going to be impressed until they start giving decent caps. 5gigs with a 1.8meg connection is a joke really.

Lol, if you want to dl movies then get dsl:) 5 gigs is decent for mobile bb. It would take alot of emails and web surfing to use it up.

And besides that, I'm sure that your usage is not capped at 5 gigs, they prob start charging you per meg after 5 gigs.

well to be fair now we do give a decent cap with a decent price when compared to what 3 are offering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

@wirelessdude, could this price change mean that those of us paying €49.99 a month are not restricted to a 5GB cap? :-)

I'm on the edge of coverage at home and only get 3G in heavy winds.
    Have you any suggestions (or products even!) for improving
    reception on the E220 USB unit?
    I've read that they use the USB cable as an antenna.
    If that's true, do you know what is the best type and length of cable to use
    for maximum gain?
    (you'll be sorry you mentioned working for vodafone, but at least it's related to everyone's favourite product!)

@godskitchen, if you find out any way of getting current info on 3G mast upgrades, could you let us know?
    This is the best I've found, but I don't know how up to date it is.

www.siteviewer.ie

(The link takes you a page further, siteviewer.ie is just easier to remember).

Thanks,
    NiallB

• Advertisement

really don't know yet...haven't been given any official info on it yet....once i have it i will post it up....if you check the link the story has been pulled

Advertisement