Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Train Timetable

• 08-01-2007 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

I'm sure there'll be a few people interested, so here it is.

TBH it seem pretty much the same, but I haven't read much of it yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,785 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Cheers Gillo.

No changes to my usual commute times thankfully.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I seem to remember that there was word of extra trains in Balbriggan for this year,it is gone past a joke at rush hour by Skerries the train is jammed!

I can't see much of a difference for the daily commuters there at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

aye much the same for me. no change at all.

as Moonbeam said, there isn't much difference to the timetable overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

One change that surprised me was to the 8.30pm train from Connolly to Drogheda. This used to be a great train to get to Balbriggan because it's first stop along the way was Skerries, but I notice that now, even though it still stops at Skerries, it no longer stops in Balbriggan. What's with that?! Any time I got it, lots of people got out at the Balbriggan stop, so it's not like it wasn't being used!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Never noticed the 18:23 home before yesterday...it is a quick train like the 18:40 but has more stops and according to the timetable makes it in less time....

Was in Balbriggan at 19:03...:( oh yes and naturally there were no seats either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Walk the extra 5 minutes to Pearse to get a seat?

Only place I have even got a seat in Lawnsdowne,during rush hour people are standing after getting on at Grand canal dock.

Pearse is alot longer then 5 minutes from me;P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Ahhh, don't generally see a problem by 1750 (though it helps train originates from Pearse)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I get a seat every morning during rush hour. I get on in Drogheda. It's great to be able to sleep on the train in the morning. It is a jokke though. I feel sorry for people getting on at skerries. They never get a seat. And the ones in Balbriggan that do should consider themselves lucky! Also never fail on the way home. A bit of pushing and shoving and being skinny never lets me down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

NADA wrote:
    I feel sorry for people getting on at skerries. They never get a seat
    I would have thought it was even worse for those getting on in Rush/Lusk or Donabate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Having checked my trains @ http://www.iarnrodeireann.ie/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/2007/dublin%20maynooth%2007.pdf I can say they've changed slightly. There's a 22:05 service from Dumcondra now, Monday to Saturday. Useless for me, but a few I know on another campaign will find this ever so handy.

Also, Coolmine may be served by the same train as the Phoenix Park station when it gets built.

Finally, and most importantly, Docklands. Very important, actually. From what I've heard, once the Docklands station comes on, there'll be a more regular service possible (six in fact, at first), as it won't be restricted by the dart service. By this I mean that a few different routes go through Connolly, so tarins can't be stationed there, but Docklands will (I think) be able to). Roll on 12th of March. It won't benifit me at first, but it will for those going to Coolmine, etc.

More info on the Docklands: http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=43

Picture of its location: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/the_syco/docklands_station.jpg

From connolly in the evenings the 17:09 is the only one you have a chance of getting a seat on until the 19:21.

Got the 06:17 from Balbriggan this morning,it would nearly make you like mornings,got a parking space in the station,a seat on the train and although there were people standing it wasn't crazily packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

I'm sick of getting trains to work. Having to stand in crowded trains, bad mannered suits trying to shove you out of the way to get to the last seat. (Have you noticed its the suits who won't give up there seats to elderly people or pregnant women etc.). waiting for delayed trains in the rain...I got meself a car....Bring on that global warming. I might go back to trains when the DART goes to Balbriggan.....NOT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

just moving this to page one

Why? It was perfectly happy where it was. Let sleeping threads lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

wow sierra wrote:
    just moving this to page one

:confused:

Got a bit excitied when I saw this at the top...but alas no,still no new trains:(

Hopefully they do something about it soon,will def be a local election issue

Moonbeam wrote:
    Got a bit excitied when I saw this at the top

You need to get out more. ;)

Moonbeam wrote:
    Got a bit excitied when I saw this at the top...but alas no,still no new trains:(

Hopefully they do something about it soon,will def be a local election issue
    What new trains do you think there will be and how do you think the service can be improved?

Trains every 15/20 minutes at peak times is as good as your going to get. The timetable won't be changing any time soon, nor will electrification of the line bring any timetable improvements, it will only lead to slower transit times to town.

I commute daily to the city as does 1/2 of Balbriggan thes train at rush hour are not so bad,there are 7 train between 7 and 9 so getting to work between 8 and 9:30 is no problem.
    I do find leaving town a total night mare no matter what trian I get from connolly I have to stand the whole way witht he exception of the 10:30 evening one.
    The capacity is not there to deal with the commuters,but that is to be expected too.
    Why should there not be more trains during peak time?

I suppose they could make it better by not stopping in places served by darts on the way home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

They should have left that 8:30am train from Connolly to Drogheda.

Bit of a pain having a gap between 8:02am and 8:53.

Ah well, guess it'll be either very early or a bit late for work when coming from town. (yes, I know I can get a bus but tbh I hate them!)

Anyway, I'll add the link to the resources sticky.

Anyone remember the 20:15 Belfast train from Connolly that used to stop in Skerries & Balbriggan? Just had enough time for one beer in the refreshments carriage before you had to get off. Oh, those halcyon days...

Moonbeam wrote:
    I do find leaving town a total night mare no matter what trian I get from connolly I have to stand the whole way witht he exception of the 10:30 evening one.
    I find that hard to believe. For example off the top of my head two trains begin in Connolly, the 17:07 and the 16:40, both are available for boarding 5 minutes before departure - at this time there are plenty of seats available on both.

Personally I've never had a difficulty finding an available seat on a train departing Connolly after 19:00 weekdays unless there is an unusual set of circumstances.

Yes,but you have to be there literally as soon as they arrive in and jump on and then once no noe gets there before you then it is fine but I have tried this and been left standing more then once.

The 18:40 train also starts at connolly and due to it being on a different platfrom and the being an 18:23 train,it is possible to get a seat if you are there early.

Advertisement