Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 Modding - Advantages?

Options
  • 08-01-2007 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hey y'all,

I have an XBOX - which I highly modded using the Xecuter 2 a few years back.

I haven't kept up with the 360 scene as I ain't gonna fork out that much money for an XBOX 360 - I'll wait at least another 6-12 months first until the modchips have become more stable and price of the XBOX360 comes down a bit.

My question: Excluding games, is there anything a modified XBOX360 can do that a chipped XBOX with XBMC cant?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

very simply the answer would be no

for the 360 the chips are yes in their early stage ( no console has bein made universal yet) but to be honest i dont see one of these to be released any time soon not even in the next year or so
    there is too much attention focused the firmware modification ( by flash or chip) that would not justify investments towards other hackin methods.

obivously the games difference between the 360 and the normal xbox is the main
    reason to get a 360
    but if u refer to media center capabilities , emulators and stuff
    u better stick to the normal xbox cos the 360 has just reached the stage where it can stream divx movies from the pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Do the firmware updates for the 360 let ya play ntsc games, or is it soley about the backups?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

only backups of pal or region free games

Advertisement