Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a New Doctor

Options
  • 08-01-2007 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

i'm 11.5 weeks pregnant and have just just moved house. Its a completely new area (d.14) to me and quite a distance from where i'm from. I need to find a good and hopefully nice doctor, as my old one (who i've been with since i was really young) is too far away. I know you prob cant name names, but has anyone any tips on how to find a good doctor? Can you go around and speak to them and if your happy ask for your files to be moved or is it more complicated than that - like they might not take you on??

I'd really appreciate any advice on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

If you speak to some of the locals they should give you good advice. Or ask in the medical centre or Chemist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I suggest that you get in contact with your local health clinc and ask to talk to or make an appointment with your local baby nurse.

They will have a list of all the gps in the area if they are taking on patients and what the practice is like and the services advailibe.

They will also be able to tell you about the local play groups, creches and parent and baby groups, also the baby nurse will be the one calling in to check on you after you have the baby and will be doing the development checkups as your child gets older.

Congratulations on your move and your pregnancy I hope all goes well for you.

Advertisement