Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Problem

Options
  • 08-01-2007 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

On the 19th of December i purchased a nokia N70 from there blanchardstown store.

After charging up and begining to use the phone,it seemed to be malfunctioning,it was switching itself on and off,stalling and the display intermitantly going black aswell as very bad feedback from the ear piece.I immediatly rang the store who said they would exchange the phone for a different model if i wanted,the problem being that i rang the shop on 22'd of december and i had no way of getting back to the shop over the next day or two,

I told the sales person that i would be away for the christmas season and would it be ok to return the phone when i arrived home (the 4th of january) I was told it would be no problem as it was within 28 days and to call into the shop when i was back.

Last friday (the 5th) i called into the shop and spoke to a salesperson,I had the whole phone package aswell as reciept ect and explained the problem and the conversations i had had previous to christmas regarding the phone.

The guy seemed unintrested and said to me that he couldnt take the phone back or exchange it - point blank without even looking at it.I then informed him of the problems so he took the phone and turned it on.After about 20 seconds of looking at it he switched it off and said it was fine,i explained he hadnt even put in a sim card to check nor checked over any functions and that the problem seemed intermittent to which his reply was "there's nothing we can do,i think its fine"

I was getting nowhere with the salesperson and felt disgusted at the level of service provided.I felt from the moment i walked into the shop he was unintrested and was not willing to help me in the slightest,even after i told him of the conversation i had over the phone he kept repeating "theres nothing we can do,i think its fine" and to "take it up with someone else"

Im more so annoyed after spending nearly 400euro and to be treated like i was,where exactly do i stand on this?I was going to try another store so rang a town outlet and they said it has to be the original shop it was purchased in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

eireal wrote:
    On the 19th of December i purchased a nokia N70 from there blanchardstown store.
    who's?
    eireal wrote:
    Im more so annoyed after spending nearly 400euro and to be treated like i was,where exactly do i stand on this?I was going to try another store so rang a town outlet and they said it has to be the original shop it was purchased in.
    no it doesn't. he was passing the buck. try to get the guy you were talking to before christmas would be my advice. or just go into the shop again. that guy was completely out of line and i doubt the rest of the staff would be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

ring the head office and dont be afraid to get stroppy. you are quite within your rights to get a full refund and i certainly would get that as i wouldnt want the prick to have my money after the way he's behaved. (unless of course the phone is fine and you're not using it properly, which can happen)
    i once dropped my phone in a pint (dont ask how i managed it) returned it to the o2 shop within the 28 days and they replaced it without even looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Sorry it was bought from 3G,Its my second "N" series phone and it kindof seems like its a software issue at a guess so maby it needs an upgrade

Even so i dont fancy being without a phone longer again while its sent to be flashed and im just piss*d basically at the treatment from the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ring the head office and dont be afraid to get stroppy.
    or just go into the head office. its out the back of the larger 3g out in the retail park. its quite a small company.

the number for the head office is 01 8030 700 btw (i think)
    eireal wrote:
    Sorry it was bought from 3G,Its my second "N" series phone and it kindof seems like its a software issue at a guess so maby it needs an upgrade

Even so i dont fancy being without a phone longer again while its sent to be flashed and im just piss*d basically at the treatment from the shop
    its been faulty since you got it and you said it to them within the time limit so you should get a replacement.

or if you think its just a software fault you can bring it to the nokia centre on dawson street. its free to flash it there if its in warranty. it only takes an hour or so and you just have to put up with the really really bad staff there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Just an update,

I got intouch with head office yesterday evening,they rang back to offer a replacement or refund and were ever so sorry for the hassle.

I took the refund as i dont want to have the same hassle ever again with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Seems it was just a case of the sales assistant not knowing what the procedures in the shop were .. happens all too often :(

@ that guy with the pint phone getting replaced - you got lucky I'd say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

did you tell head office about the w*nker in the shop when you tried to return it? try and get him fired!

Advertisement