Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Doctor? :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

This is floating all over the place, the rumour being DT would go in the fourth season. There doesn't seem to be any real substance to it - DT has indicated he'll be in the role for a while and RTD seems happy with him.

Fry is witty enough but he's too classy to be dashing around as we'd expect from our hero. Yes, Pertwee was a fop too but I can't see it working so well with a modern audience. Johnny Depp ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Did I hear sometime that Fry was supposed to be writing a story for the new series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Having read some of his books, that can only be good news. He's a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fry is too er 'heavy' for the role! That said he'd make splendid guest villan.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

On the one hand it was on Sky text over the Christmas that he was going next year, but nowhere else really.

On the other hand he was guest presenter of Friday Night Project last week, not a mention of him going, as it was a C4 show they'd have surely brought the subject up.

Speaking of FNP a lot of the camp/gay jokes almost looked as if they could have been in Torchwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

One of the tabloids said it about 2 weeks ago. But I believe that both Tennant and the BBC have denied it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd love to see him write a few episodes! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Looks like it's not going to happen for now...
    Actor, writer and comedian Stephen Fry said he would not be writing an episode of Doctor Who, despite rumours to the contrary.

The full article here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a43973/fry-denies-doctor-who-rumours.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

cerbeus wrote:
    Looks like it's not going to happen for now...

The full article here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a43973/fry-denies-doctor-who-rumours.html
    /cries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

/cries

With relief!:D

Hate SF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Gavin W

The latest silly rumour about a new Doc is that Matt Lucas wants to play the part. You read about him being "rumoured" and "hotly tipped" to be the next Doctor and having "thrown his hat into the ring" and then you read a bit further and it turns out that the only person who's suggesting him is... his boyfriend!

So does that mean that if I suggest my cat would be good as the next companion then she is "hotly tipped" to be taking over from Freema?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Tom Baker was 'the Doctor' brilliantly portrayed by many others but Tom was the man, all others were copies and done really well but Tom had the Brit humour and is still doing it today in voiceovers. David Tennant is a great portrayal of omniprecent controlled indifference of lonely power, fair play to him, good job.
    Long live Mr Baker in his influence on the Doctors persona and kudos to the writers in making the doctor new and real. The last episode, the Cybermen and the Daleks was class.
    Cathy Tate? Another great Brit Comedien and a good addition to the series. Am I bovered?

Advertisement