Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HHH. Don't read if you haven't seen NYR!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

never good to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

its already being discussed undeer the NYR result thread, no point in tempting fate on any unlucky person finding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

****in hell!!!!
    i didnt see NYR last night but just had to see this thread.That is terrible news that it is quite possibly his quad again.......He looks MISERABLE in those pics on wwe.com.Another year without the game???I really HOPE not:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

its already being discussed undeer the NYR result thread, no point in tempting fate on any unlucky person finding it.

Your right. Sorry! Thought it would merit it's own thread. This is a HUGE blow for HHH, DX and RAW.

Did you actually see what happened? During the move his left leg locked and didn't bend at all. Knew straight away there was a problem. Poor guy worked his bollocks off after that!

yeah, maybe your right, maybe it does merit its own thread, i'm just thinking of the backlash you might get from certain people if they don't look before they leap. a screw it, its common knowledge by now, your right it is a huge story, was gross to look at, his two knees curled up to the fetal position once he landed

• Advertisement

You know a lot of ppl have criticised HHH over the years - myself included!
    I don't think there is any other wrestler who would continue on like that!
    I honestly thought it was a work at one point coz he keep going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Gillie wrote:
    Did you actually see what happened? During the move his left leg locked and didn't bend at all. Knew straight away there was a problem. Poor guy worked his bollocks off after that!

It was his right leg, was it not. I don't think the problem was that it locked, if his quad tore then he wouldn't have been physically able to straighten his leg

I knew there was something wrong as soon as the ref started the pin count, cos HHH wasn't the legal man and he didn't look like it was a pin he was going for. And notice the way the ref did the X-gesture, they're always trying to trick fans when they're faking injuries by making that gesture really obvious

Fozzy wrote:
    It was his right leg, was it not. I don't think the problem was that it locked, if his quad tore then he wouldn't have been physically able to straighten his leg

I knew there was something wrong as soon as the ref started the pin count, cos HHH wasn't the legal man and he didn't look like it was a pin he was going for. And notice the way the ref did the X-gesture, they're always trying to trick fans when they're faking injuries by making that gesture really obvious

Your correct fozzy! Sorry got confused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

poor fella but cant wait to see what wwe will come up with in terms of storylines???

Depending on how long he is out for they may need to give DX a rest or throw a new member at the group?
    AFAIK DX was supposed to run until at least Summerslam 07!

We'll see on RAW tonite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I just looked at the pics on WWE.com! He does look gutted and i'd say he knows its his quad again!

I really feel for the guy as I just finished his book and he goes into all the detail about coming back from the first quad tear! Sad news for WWE if it is his quad!

When's his book out? Whats it called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

poor guy,he went through hell last time,hope its not career ending,cant imagine WWE without the game,and god knows theyre short on talent as it is with angle gone,anyone ever seen the vid on youtube of hhhs return from the previous quad injury to raw back in 2002? probably one of the biggest pops in wrestling history

Off to youtube....Memories

Gillie wrote:
    When's his book out? Whats it called?

Its called Making the Game - Triple H's Approach to a better body.
    Its basically get fit book, but every second chapter or so is autobiography! Its a good read, I really enjoyed it!

krudler wrote:
    poor guy,he went through hell last time,hope its not career ending,cant imagine WWE without the game,and god knows theyre short on talent as it is with angle gone,anyone ever seen the vid on youtube of hhhs return from the previous quad injury to raw back in 2002? probably one of the biggest pops in wrestling history

Can't find it. Will you post a link to it please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

krudler wrote:

Ive seen that video before and I honestly cant think of a wrestler that got a bigger pop.....and that was RAW.Imagine what it would have been like it was a ppv or something like mania???
    Hopefully the injury isnt as bad as it was before but one things for sure....no triple h at the summer bash tour.Ticket touting anyone????

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

found this on wwe.com. pretty sad to hear he will b out for quite a while
    Following an MRI with Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala. on Monday, Triple H was diagnosed with a ruptured quadriceps tendon.

Officially, The Game suffered a tear of one of the four tendons in his right quadriceps. The injury occurred during DX's match with Rated-RKO at New Year's Revolution. Surgery will be performed on Tuesday in Alabama, and WWE doctor Ferdinand Rios estimates that The Game will need four to six months to rehabilitate the injury.

While he was in a tremendous amount of pain prior to the MRI, Triple H was said to be in great spirits.

Stay tuned to WWE.com for further updates.

Oh no! Ironically the ratings for RAW tonight will probably be huge to see what'll happen with DX!

Get well soon Paul! You are a Legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Some will say it might be 2 soon,but how about C M punk stepping up 2 the plate?
    Think about the matches shawn/punk v orton/edge could have?????
    they would be savage..
    And we cant forget Monty Brown has been lurking in the backround for a while...
    Raw 2night could be very interesting...

P.S my bet is on Rated RKO/umaga v shawn/cena...
    dont ask me why i think this but it will be **** anyway

• Advertisement

Some will say it might be 2 soon,but how about C M punk stepping up 2 the plate?
    Think about the matches shawn/punk v orton/edge could have?????
    they would be savage..
    And we cant forget Monty Brown has been lurking in the backround for a while...
    Raw 2night could be very interesting...

P.S my bet is on Rated RKO/umaga v shawn/cena...
    dont ask me why i think this but it will be **** anyway

You could be spot on there!
    It would get them out of a hole and buy them a week to decide what to do.

Triple H had his leg evaluated in Birmingham, AL today. The diagnosis is quadriceps tear on the opposite leg of his last injury. He will have surgery tomorrow and be out an estimated nine months. It took him eight months to recover from his last quad tear, but the estimated recovery time is nine months.

At this point, he will miss WrestleMania which throws WWE's plans into a bit of a mess since a John Cena vs. Triple H WWE Title match was scheduled to headline the show.

This also puts the DX angle in a state of confusion, as it seems unlikely WWE would continue it with just Shawn Michaels. Michaels has actually been a bit worn down and in need of time off himself recently, but with Triple H out, he will likely be asked to gut it out and maintain a fulltime schedule.

Credit: PWTorch.com

Please god let it not be Umaga in wrestlemania with Cena!
    Edge has had his shot,orton hasnt been built up for it,no one else close to main event status...

Anyone wanna see Cena v. Michaels ??could be worse i guess

I would like to see Edge again. I think his last match (tlc) was class!
    HBK wouldn't be a bad option either but it would be better to let the young blood have a go!
    Anyway. Cena's opponent isn't the problem if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

HBK vs Cena doesn't make a lot of sense. I don't see the point in going down that route.

I too wouldn't mind seeing Edge vs Cena again. If Edge were to win the Rumble it would make for an intriguing main event at Wrestlemania.

My gut instinct though tells me they might go with Orton vs Cena. There's a real lack of top heels on Raw right now and since Cena has fought Edge before and has just beaten Umaga, other than Orton who else is there?

True. Would still prefer Edge tho. I think he was brilliant last year!
    Perhaps a Triple Threat with Edge, Cena and Orton?

screw it,lets just have cena v. hogan for a laugh and we can throw vinnie mac in as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

i feel bad for HHH considering how hard he worked after the injury... a very stellar performance imo... BUT when all is said and done it might turn out to be a blessing in disguise... Its always good in pro-wrestling when oversaturated stars take a break and can come back fresh... the reason for the reaction he got when he returned last time was as much to do with the build up his return got as it was to his popularity... I`m sure HHH isn`t thinking like that, but it may work out better for him. Now they HAVE to build up some big stars that he can face when he returns... in fact (correct me if im wrong i wasn`t a huge fan back then) but wasn`t it austin`s neck injury that necesitated the original mega push for HHH? and its about time wwe got solidly behind someone new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

btw dave meltzer who is usually spot on says:

"--Dr. James Andrews diagnosed HHH's injury as a torn quadripceps tendon and he will require surgery, which takes place tomorrow. The injury is not as severe as the injury in 2001, but he will be out of action four to six months according to estiamtes by WWE's doctor Ferdinand Rios."

source: www.wrestlingobserver.com

woooo232 wrote:
    in fact (correct me if im wrong i wasn`t a huge fan back then) but wasn`t it austin`s neck injury that necesitated the original mega push for HHH? and its about time wwe got solidly behind someone new.

That was pure Karma! HHH got kicked to the kerb after the MSG incident and Austin took his place in KOTR!
    Then the roles were reversed a couple of years later!:cool:

• Advertisement

Well it seems WWE's solution to no Triple H is none other than The Great Khali!! According to www.pwmania.com, he is moving to RAW tonight!

At least the Khali Vs. Lashley seems to be off now, but it could be Khali Vs. Cena now. Things just got worse!

Hows this for a mania match

The great Kahli v. Monty Brown

with brown going over?

leave the big man walk through the raw roster till mania and then have brown pounce his ass of the stage or something making him an instent main eventer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Please God no. Monty Brown is a terrible wrestler

Gillie wrote:
    True. Would still prefer Edge tho. I think he was brilliant last year!
    Perhaps a Triple Threat with Edge, Cena and Orton?
    i'd actually really like to see Edge and Orton both involved aswell. they'd be better having Michaels take the time off, or at least work a lighter schedule, he's in his 40's and with that back, he should take a few weeks off every couple of months.

Definately! The man is a legend and all but it's not worth him being a cripple in years to come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

To continue the match with the awful pain he was going through is amazing.
    As was pointed out already one man's misfortune maybe be anothers gain. Who will step up?

• Advertisement

Hopefully not the Great Khali!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Are people sure that the HHH injury is for real?
    Maybe he just needed to take 5 months off and that they are using this to allow him to do so. Apparently the ligament had almost completely torn away from the knee. I don’t see how he could compete after such an injury never mind give Edge a pedigree through a table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

The guy's obviously in pain. Not the best time to have 20 cameras shoved in your face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Glenman wrote:
    Are people sure that the HHH injury is for real?
    Maybe he just needed to take 5 months off and that they are using this to allow him to do so.

You're not serious? This is the most important point of the year for the WWE so why would they want one of their top stars to take time off? And yes the injury is for real as they have pictures of him in hospital and getting surgery.
    Glenman wrote:
    Apparently the ligament had almost completely torn away from the knee. I don’t see how he could compete after such an injury never mind give Edge a pedigree through a table

Adrenaline, that's why. If you have thousands of people cheering you on then you are going to be able to work through the pain. Not to mention the fact he's a tough bastard who asked for the Walls of Jericho to be put on him during his last quadraceps tear - which was worse than this one!

they have the pictures up on wwe.com of the knee surgery, plus why would a respected surgeon get involved in a story angle when he should be treating patients,as for the pedigrees even a blind man could tell he had no weight on his leg at all, thats why he couldn't actually do them right, sure he just fell down on the table instead of trying to pedigree Egde through it cause he couldn't support his weight on the leg.

• Advertisement
Advertisement