Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Cream Fireplace and Hearth for solid fuel

Options
  • 08-01-2007 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi
    Has anyone got an all cream stone fireplace/hearth for solid fuel open fireplace? Is it difficult to keep clean? Have been advised that we should have some black granite in hearth but I think this would look odd,
    obviously all the models of the all-cream in the shops are spotless but would like to hear from someone who has one installed for solid fuel open fire

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You need the black granite (and it will be in multiple pieces) as the hotter heat from a sold fuel fire will cause anything else to tarnish (and crack if its in one piece)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Agree with Greenbo your hearth must be black granite. I too wanted cream but was told by a very nice lady from whom I bought fireplace and whom I would highly recommend that a limestone or other cream finishes could blacken with use of solid fuel. We went with a really nice painted cream overmantle with a victorian inset which looks fab. If all comes to all we can repaint the surround if it gets dirty.

Advertisement