Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband

Options
  • 08-01-2007 4:59pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3

Hi everyone. Im having a bit of hassle with Eircom broadband. I plug everything in (PC to router; router to broadband connector) and everything works fine for a few minutes. I can access the router setup webpage, and also access the internet without any hassle. Then after a few minutes, access to the internet drops and the light (for 'internet') on the router lights up red instead of green.

I've tried getting it working a few different ways but each time it starts failing after a few minutes:

1. standard connection from PC to router/router to eircom connector in the wall

2. connection from PC to hub, with the router and network printer plugged into the hub.

just as Im typing I have a sneaky idea that it might be the DHCP settings on the eircom router (maybe I havent allowed enough IP addresses to be available when the network printer is plugged in aswell?!)

Pah... Does anyone have any helpful ideas please?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

More information needed I think - is this a new connection? If it it not new has it worked properly up till now? What speed are you on? What changes have you made to the usual default settings? Have you tried undoing any changes you have made to see if it will work with the default settings? Is it the Eircom router or another model?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 glen_benton

is this a new connection?
    -Yes
    What connection speed do I have?
    -I dunno, I dont have a connection live for long enough to get onto the router to check (when the internet connection dies, I cant even get onto the router to see what it's whinging about).

What changes have you made to the usual default settings?
    -None - just left all the defaults in place so far.

Have you tried undoing any changes you have made to see if it will work with the default settings?
    -Everything is set to default

Is it the Eircom router or another model?
    -Yes, it's an eircom router. 2246 NEU-VGx ADSL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Pah... Does anyone have any helpful ideas please?
    Have you tried readjusting the flux capacitor?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 glen_benton

Cheers, yeah. It was blocked up with ectoplasm, but I gave it a rinse under the tap... Should do the trick...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

The fact that you can't even access the router config page when the problem occurs, it sounds like a faulty router to me. If you know anyone with BB (doesn't have to be Eircom) then see if you can borrow a modem to check if it works. If it does, you'll have some ammunition when you ring tech support.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Well what speed connection did you sign up for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Something here might help...

http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/2246.html

Id call eircom first though, before messing with the router.

Advertisement