Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floating solid wood floors

Options
  • 08-01-2007 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Did anyone install solid wood floors as free-float?
    I am looking for oak floors for my new house. Downstairs floors are concrete, so I cannot nail them. I've found really nice solid oak but still in doubts. Help, please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I have floated over 100 sq.metres of solid oak in 6 inch widths (I think) in my own house and it works fine. No probs at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

Looking to do the same. only have 18 mm for flooring on top of the screed. Avns1s Did you glue them?

How much was the oak per square yard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

AJL wrote:
    Looking to do the same. only have 18 mm for flooring on top of the screed. Avns1s Did you glue them?

How much was the oak per square yard?

Yes AJL, tongue and grooved boards glued.

It was a year ago since I bought the wood but I think it worked out about €35 per sq. yd.

I think my boards were about 22 mm (probably incl. the underlay) but I'm sure it would be possible to get boards and underlay that would make up 18mm.

Advertisement