Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE k800i

• 08-01-2007 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭

anyone else notice poor battery life on this phone?

i got it on friday evening, and charged it for about 16-17 hours. I turned it on at approx 6PM on saturday. Since then, it hasbeen turned off. Now ive been messing about on it, taking pictures, using the distort application, receiving a few emails and sending a few texts. Talk time has been around 20 minutes.

already the bettery is at 25%, this seems a bit poor compared to my old k750i.

i shudder to think what bluetooth, playing MP3's and sending music over AD2P will do to it

anyone else have this?

also, does anyone else hava a funny icon on the screen, its beside the signal strength, sorta like a blue swirl

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

I have K800i and its superb

I am completely satisfied with it

ur one of those people who expect miricles

That blue icon represents 3g area coverage and it consumes battery
    Listening music consumes battery
    Ur photography consumes battery
    Ur flash consemes battery
    Ur radio consumes battery
    Ur gprs consumes battery
    Ur Bluetooth consumens battery
    Ur infrared consumens battery
    The High defination screen it has consumes battery

I have k800i and i love it my battery lasts about 2 days and given the features it has i think its fantastic

If u have complains about battery get ur self Nokia 1100 it will give u one week battery life :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

relax buddy, wasnt a personal attack, sheesh

im well aware of what consumes battery, but sure here are some things

i have taken 5 pictures, none with flash
    i have not used the radio
    i have not used bluetooth
    i have not used infared
    i have not listened to music

i was just wondering if anyone else had the same thing or did i get a bad battery, i was just expecting the same time as my K750i, but i obviously wont.

i dont expect 'miricles', was just asking the question

does anyone know how to disable the 3g, as im O2, dont think i can use it or can someone correct me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Another satisfied K800i user here. I find the battery life to be superb. I can usually get at least 3 days out of a full charge, with bluetooth permanently on and moderate usage. No complaints here.

Might I suggest that you 'condition' the battery by giving it several full charge/decharge cycles and then report back. A brand new battery won't hold as much charge on it's first charge or two.

no bother, cheers lads

the phone is excellent, delighted with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I get roughly 2 days usage out of it. It's what I've come to expect from modern phones.

event wrote:
    relax buddy, wasnt a personal attack, sheesh

im well aware of what consumes battery, but sure here are some things

i have taken 5 pictures, none with flash
    i have not used the radio
    i have not used bluetooth
    i have not used infared
    i have not listened to music

i was just wondering if anyone else had the same thing or did i get a bad battery, i was just expecting the same time as my K750i, but i obviously wont.

i dont expect 'miricles', was just asking the question

does anyone know how to disable the 3g, as im O2, dont think i can use it or can someone correct me?

I am litterally sorry if that sounded offending to you
    i just explained the whole situation thats these multimedia devices have improved a lot by time but the battery technology is still waiting for that giant leap !!!

i am sorry if i sounded offending i sincerely appologise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Battery life on mine is fine as well.;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

event wrote:

O2 is a 3g network. Data transfer can occur at speeds of up 384kbps. Just so you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Turning 3g off if you don't need it makes a big diferance, very happy with the phone myself although picture quality could always be slightly better :)

Seems the 2gb m2's are out at last yay :D
    http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=138896

• Advertisement

I am litterally sorry if that sounded offending to you
    i just explained the whole situation thats these multimedia devices have improved a lot by time but the battery technology is still waiting for that giant leap !!!

i am sorry if i sounded offending i sincerely appologise

no problem, got our wires crossed, thats all;)
    eolhc wrote:
    Turning 3g off if you don't need it makes a big diferance, very happy with the phone myself although picture quality could always be slightly better :)

how do you do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

event wrote:
    no problem, got our wires crossed, thats all;)

how do you do that?

Settings, Connectivity, Mobile Networks, GSM and 3G networks.

Thanks for the info !!!

I turned 3g off

lets see what i get now

will post my findings later if there is a change found

Advertisement