Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what's next for BF2

Options
  • 08-01-2007 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Is there any future left in BF2 ?
    or do EA expect us all to move onto that BF 2142 Rubbish ...
    Any hopes of a Battlefield 3 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea I hope it doesnt die out like vietnam and 1942 have not so sure about vietnam tho?

If a battlefield "3" did come out I pray to god it stays 21st century combat like battlefield 2! I dont like the futuristic idea of 2142!

Maybe with more planes helis, and vehicles add new features game dynamics... I dont have a clue what im talking about I just want it to stay as "modern combat" and not walking tanks lol :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I'd be inclined to think that if there is a BF3 ( it's highly unlikely there won't be ) , EA/Dice will probably go back to WWII . They have present and future cover for now and it was WWII that started it all .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

maybe the will just go even further back?
    like a Rome Total War or even a Age of Empires style

It would be pretty cool to be firing a trebuchet or belting around on horseback with a bow and arrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Ya i wouldn't mind a trip back to WW2 if it's done properly.
    Maybe the graphics of COD3 with the scale of WWIIONLINE :D
    don't ask for much eh lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Silverfish wrote:
    I was thinking more 'Battlefield 1042 - The Vikings'.

With ads for fresh suckling pig, and the latest longship by Bjorn Hjronnedsonsonssson.

01-09-2006, 20:34. You heard it here first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Lol i wouldnt be suprised Viri :D

I was just playing tonight and I was thinking how cool it would be if they change the whole way for killing units such as tanks and helis.. keep the weapons the same but just like change the way the inflict damage on tanks and what not!

Example of this would be lets say theres a black hawk above your head and you have a SRAW or whatever hit it in the tail rotor and it will just spin out of control and hit the ground(no one can jump out either) depending on how good the pilot is if it hits the ground slowly they can all get out... hard and they all die..

Oh and im not sure if that have this already(maybe in special forces) roping down from black hawks?

It should only take one hit at the wheels of a tank to disable it, knock the chain off then another two to destroy it...

lol am I just saying nonsense or does anyone else think these would be good ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'd say if you want it that detailed your lookign at a proper physics engine..And you can imagine how many patches ea would need to get that right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I think next they should have hovertanks, mines that follow vehicles and mec... wait a minute nevermind.

What deafvision said, make it more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

BF:NY Crips vs Bloods

street fights! Limited weaponry , a good bit of melee involved (knives, hatchets, baseball bats etc) , standard street cars - can be modded to have armour, mounted guns etc , petrol bombs, motorbikes with optional sidecars.

Maybe have different factions depending on the area of the city: gnagland = gang v gang , downtown = gang v cop , uptown = gang v private security.

One thing I would love to see is a campaign server where the maps are interconnected. victory on one map means moving to the next to achieve an overall objective. Capture points on a map are optional and give resources for the next map - eg: ammo dump gives additional weaponry , state trooper garage gives access to police cars etc.

An expansion o f the campaign server would be the option for commanders to place resources in provinces on a large city map giving a more strategic aspect to the game.

• Advertisement

Every building in the game should be accessible with lots of roooms! This would make alot harder on normal soldiers and a haven for snipers lol! Also make rounds last like 1 or more each make it it "slower" I like all the getting in fast and killing eachother but I hate when rounds end in about 5 - 10 mins and then you have to load another map! HATE IT!

There was this one time on karkand where out in the front over that fence where the trees and grass are!?

well me and a guy where at the 1st tree and we took turns covering each other going from tree to tree until we got to the building it was great because in that space of time we killed guys trying to kill us :P

That probably happens alot in clan servers the whole aspect of teamwork but I have yet to see it really in servers with public!

More rant from me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

how about BF : Limerick

you choose one of 4 scumbag familes , your mission is to control turf around the city, you capture points not by flags but capturing SPARS and Centras.

Some of the weapons would include standard sawn off shotgun , handgun,axe, nissian micra with boy racer skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

magick wrote:

you choose one of 4 scumbag familes , your mission is to control turf around the city, you capture points not by flags but capturing SPARS and Centras.

Some of the weapons would include standard sawn off shotgun , handgun,axe, nissian micra with boy racer skin.

cough*knife*cough

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I had understood that the next BF game would be BF "Bad Company", confirmed for the PC, 360 and PS3.

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/1547/Battlefield-Bad-Company/p1/

nope...

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=bfbc_announcement

appears to be more of a story based FPS than a multiplayer gloryfest of tears and blood. (console wussieboys! :p) . Also, no mention of the PC in that article either.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

So what's next for BF2

Quake Wars, if the hype is to be believed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

LoLth wrote:
    Also, no mention of the PC in that article either.

The article dates from August. It's been confirmed for the PC since then AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

DeafVision wrote:
    I was just playing tonight and I was thinking how cool it would be if they change the whole way for killing units such as tanks and helis.. keep the weapons the same but just like change the way the inflict damage on tanks and what not!

Example of this would be lets say theres a black hawk above your head and you have a SRAW or whatever hit it in the tail rotor and it will just spin out of control and hit the ground(no one can jump out either) depending on how good the pilot is if it hits the ground slowly they can all get out... hard and they all die..

Oh and im not sure if that have this already(maybe in special forces) roping down from black hawks?

It should only take one hit at the wheels of a tank to disable it, knock the chain off then another two to destroy it...

lol am I just saying nonsense or does anyone else think these would be good ideas?

That was done 6 years ago.
    There was a game called Operation Flashpoint made by a small group from Chech Republic in 2001...the best war game ever IMHO.
    If a tank ran on a mine the chain came off,but you could use the turret etc.
    Realistic (or pretty close) simulation of wounds.Two bullets and you were dead.Huuuuge maps,brilliant terrain (bushes,trees to hide).
    If you were sprinting too long you collapsed dead :)
    But you could here the enemy's hard breathing too as they were closing on your hiding place.
    Anyone else remember this game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

magick wrote:

:D:D

Id say the WWII idea would be good, dont like the future thing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

gibbon75 wrote:
    That was done 6 years ago.
    There was a game called Operation Flashpoint made by a small group from Chech Republic in 2001...the best war game ever IMHO.
    If a tank ran on a mine the chain came off,but you could use the turret etc.
    Realistic (or pretty close) simulation of wounds.Two bullets and you were dead.Huuuuge maps,brilliant terrain (bushes,trees to hide).
    If you were sprinting too long you collapsed dead :)
    But you could here the enemy's hard breathing too as they were closing on your hiding place.
    Anyone else remember this game?

There is a new version of this on the way ...kinda...so I believe "ArmedAssault"

• Advertisement

This game online gibbon75?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well my hope is that when they do the BF3 engince that they start all over again with BF1943 and work back up through the big wars like they have already done. Only this time to include the korean war. The new BFV game could actually then call its self BFV2. And then they get up to modern war we will actually get BF3. Its only my wish list though......... who knows what will happen, but at least my idea allows them to release a new game every year and thats what EA like to do.

Think about Battlefield underground carbon extreme........

DeafVision wrote:
    This game online gibbon75?

It used to be,but last time I've checked it was about 3-4 years ago.
    Although I've played it only the single player missions.The AI was simply amazing,the story line was brilliant too.

DeafVision wrote:

Wow,didn't know about this!Thanks for the info mate :)
    I'll deffo buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

DeafVision wrote:

Droolage!!

I hope my PC can take it! Downloading the demo now.

Demo runs crap on my pc... checked there forums some guy had a nice enough(well better than mine) pc and he had problems with the demo lag and stuf!

Its ok though just pc cant handle it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Brianb8802

LoLth wrote:
    BF:NY Crips vs Bloods

street fights! Limited weaponry , a good bit of melee involved (knives, hatchets, baseball bats etc) , standard street cars - can be modded to have armour, mounted guns etc , petrol bombs, motorbikes with optional sidecars.

Maybe have different factions depending on the area of the city: gnagland = gang v gang , downtown = gang v cop , uptown = gang v private security.

One thing I would love to see is a campaign server where the maps are interconnected. victory on one map means moving to the next to achieve an overall objective. Capture points on a map are optional and give resources for the next map - eg: ammo dump gives additional weaponry , state trooper garage gives access to police cars etc.

An expansion o f the campaign server would be the option for commanders to place resources in provinces on a large city map giving a more strategic aspect to the game.

That sounds very like Saints Row to me ;)

That saints row looks interesting alright. but I was thinking of a more BF slanted game :)

must check FAQ and see if there's a PC version planned....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Operation Flashpoint.

Advertisement