Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what's next for BF2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

SyxPak wrote:
    Operation Flashpoint.

Ah, I see we have a case of GTA (Gamer Tourette's Affliction). :D
    was this QUAKE comment aimed at DOOM anyone in particular FEAR or is this where you AFRIKA CORP think battlefield TETRIS is going ?

edit: hmmm, was funnier in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

jebus its been awhile since i posted here, well i got sick of bf2 after bf2142 came out, wasnt goin to touch 2142 with a barge pole, ive moved into Eve Online and havent looked back. Afaik the major bf2 clans are still participating in multiplayer leagues of bf2, bf2142 im unsure about, but like Vietnam and 1942 bf2 will always have those few dedicated servers to play on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

I'm sick of BF2 and BF2142 is a pile of crap.... however (and ye may already know this) there some fantastic conversions out there. Look for Point Of Existence 2, it's out now and has seriously improved gameplay.

The days of waiting for developers are over.... it's the modders time in the sun, they know what we want and they deliver...

see "moddb com" and look for yourself..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well im still playing bf2 as well as playing 2142. Im trying to strike up a balance with the 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

BF2 wont die at all.
    Game spy have taken over the rankings. so that will live on,
    The ranking keep a lot of peeps interested.
    As for Nam. that died du to the ranking system in bf2.

1942 is still alive as ever, with over a 1000 server,
    Sadly Nam only has 200 or so,

I have also heard rumors of a battlefield 3.
    perhaps it will called BF1943.
    Basically a remake of 1942 with a new engine, as 1942 has been the most successful BF game to date. at one stage over 15000 server. duoble what BF2 had

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I uninstalled BF2 months ago due to not enjoying it online anymore and getting sick of clanning. (inter clan bitching, unejoyable matches etc etc turned me right off it).
    I upgraded my pc a few weeks ago, decided to reinstall BF2 as a stress test for the graphics (ramped everything up to max settings on 1280 x 1024). Played single player games cause i could be bothered downloading the latest patch (with 64 palyer maps unlocked) and came to the revelations that..BF2 IS BETTER IN SINGLE PLAYER MODE!
    Seriously...

Bots dont camp for helis and shoot you when youre running for them.
    Bots dont vote to kick you if you arty your own team.
    Bots follow orders.
    A bot actually repaired my tank for me last night. In all my time playing bf2 i dont think a player ever voluntarily ran up to my vehicle and repaired it!
    Bots dont spawn camp you
    Bots arent as retarded as humans are when they get online (you know the equation, anonymity + microphone + audience = complete tosser)
    V 1.0 weapons ACTUALLY WORK

Seriously..im never playing BF2 online again. Bots are so much nicer than people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

0ubliette wrote:
    I uninstalled BF2 months ago due to not enjoying it online anymore and getting sick of clanning. (inter clan bitching, unejoyable matches etc etc turned me right off it).
    I upgraded my pc a few weeks ago, decided to reinstall BF2 as a stress test for the graphics (ramped everything up to max settings on 1280 x 1024). Played single player games cause i could be bothered downloading the latest patch (with 64 palyer maps unlocked) and came to the revelations that..BF2 IS BETTER IN SINGLE PLAYER MODE!
    Seriously...

Bots dont camp for helis and shoot you when youre running for them.
    Bots dont vote to kick you if you arty your own team.
    Bots follow orders.
    A bot actually repaired my tank for me last night. In all my time playing bf2 i dont think a player ever voluntarily ran up to my vehicle and repaired it!
    Bots dont spawn camp you
    Bots arent as retarded as humans are when they get online (you know the equation, anonymity + microphone + audience = complete tosser)
    V 1.0 weapons ACTUALLY WORK

Seriously..im never playing BF2 online again. Bots are so much nicer than people.

You sound like Gabe below!! :D

You sound like Gabe below!! :D
    Its like im thinking it, and he's saying it!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

bf1943 would rock - needs to be done right tho, and EA has to forget about all this ranking crap. The thing about 42 & bfv was they were fun games and this whole ranking malarkey sucked every bit of fun out of the game. in 42 & bfv you could mod maps, have high ticket games, about anything you wanted with your own server and not have to worry about breaking any bs terms of service.

you can reply and sing the praises of the ranking sys if you wish but the rankings were just a crutch, and only the piss poor players who played 24/7 made it to the top of the ranking sys, honestly does anyone ever check that ranking ladder? there already were independant stats for 42 and bfv which imho were fine and filled the stst void for those who wished, and in reality the only one anyone seemed to pay attention to was kdr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

oddly enough I always go out of my way to repair tanks whenever im an engineer supply people with ammo heal and revive people when I play with them kits.. Thats what there for right?

Honestly theres alot of people who wont do it like I was playing last night and a medic was beside me and I was down on 3 bars of life called for a medic 3 times he does nothing and then he gets shot and throws a medic bag for himself and proceeds to vacate the scene... I proceed to tk the guy take his kit drop a few medic bags and vacate :D

I hate it like or when you get killed and theres 5 medics around you and they do nothing and you have to type for a medic lol

To 0ubliette you just need to find a good fun clan all older maturer players it will be great!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

DeafVision wrote:
    oddly enough I always go out of my way to repair tanks whenever im an engineer supply people with ammo heal and revive people when I play with them kits.. Thats what there for right?

Honestly theres alot of people who wont do it like I was playing last night and a medic was beside me and I was down on 3 bars of life called for a medic 3 times he does nothing and then he gets shot and throws a medic bag for himself and proceeds to vacate the scene... I proceed to tk the guy take his kit drop a few medic bags and vacate :D

I hate it like or when you get killed and theres 5 medics around you and they do nothing and you have to type for a medic lol

To 0ubliette you just need to find a good fun clan all older maturer players it will be great!

lol sometimes id do that not out of not wanting to help, but just beong to absorbed to notice teamates that needed help :D
    Nah, ive clanned for a long time (with older gamers, not young uns i might add) and am just tired of it. Too much commitment. You feel like youre letting the team down if everyone on your xfire is playing BF2 and all you want is some good ol dod:sauce. And games should be fun you know, fun for me is playing for an hour or two and having a blast, not having to sit down and practice tactics and memorise them and yadda yadda. Single player is the future of bf2 for me ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I would like more Tank battles in any future game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The EuroForce booster pack had wonderful tank battles, wonderful I tell ya !

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭up'Chuck

Ponster wrote:

operation smoke screen was one of the best maps i've ever played, huge tank battles, jets, choppers.. it was great.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Ponster wrote:

I must check this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

up'Chuck wrote:
    operation smoke screen was one of the best maps i've ever played, huge tank battles, jets, choppers.. it was great.

/shakes fist at jets and choppers from tank turret

i'm still waiting for a mod without those b4st4rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Please no future,

Either WWII or Modern times.

More details like you guys have mentioned(tracks falling off, all houses accessible) this time are essential, better graphics is not enough for next generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

CyberGhost wrote:
    Please no future,

Either WWII or Modern times.

More details like you guys have mentioned(tracks falling off, all houses accessible) this time are essential, better graphics is not enough for next generation.

I agree that better graphics will not "save the franchise".
    Everything needs to be part of the game, if I see something I want to be able to interact with it.

I wonder can they go further back than WWII, I think something with horses, knights, arrows *could* be pretty cool.

Advertisement