Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rambo look for target shooting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Sparks wrote:
    Well, I am, for a start.

Yes a 100% target shooter who probably doesn't even own a piece a piece of clothing with a camo pattern or actively hunts is against camo at ranges. Shocking

You're not the one being called Rambo

EDIT: I want to point out I have nothing against Sparks I am just on the opposite side of this debate. lets keep this civil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Vegeta wrote:
    Yes a 100% target shooter who probably doesn't even own a piece a piece of clothing with a camo pattern or actively hunts is against camo at ranges. Shocking

And moderates a board dedicated to the real wannabe Rambos running around with their airsoft toys in cammo ,pretending they are soilders.Hmmm?:)

On another point folks,we really should stop calling those we dont like Rambos,it is a very un PC term used by the PC nazis to put us down.Would you call someone black a N****er these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Vegeta wrote:
    Yeah, a 100% target shooter who's been the PRO for two clubs and a national organisation. There are actually reasons for my thoughts on this, y'know, and it's not snobbery, it's seeing what joe public and joe press think of a guy in his forties wearing "tactical" gear or clad in camo gear when they're not PDF, RDF or ERU.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Vegeta wrote:

I hunt as well as target shoot and own camo but in this (very rare!) instance I will have to agree with Sparks. It is a minor restriction at the end of the day that goes a long way.

Also can I just point out that Airsoft is a role play game and not actually shooting as such. This in no way meant to be derogatory against airsoft nor do I mean to diminish the sport, just pointing out the difference (wouldnt mind giving it a go meself actually:D .) . In Great Britain where practical pistol has to be shot with airsoft pistols the dress code is the same as any practical pistol match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

And moderates a board dedicated to the real wannabe Rambos running around with their airsoft toys in cammo ,pretending they are soilders.Hmmm?:)

On another point folks,we really should stop calling those we dont like Rambos,it is a very un PC term used by the PC nazis to put us down.Would you call someone black a N****er these days?

Whats air soft got to do with shooting?

• Advertisement

I hunt as target shoot well and own camo but in this (very rare!) instance I will have to agree with Sparks. It is a minor restriction at the end of the day that goes a long way.

We don't know it goes a long way though, we may think it does but has there been statistical pooling I am unaware of.
    Also can I just point out that Airsoft is a role play game and not actually shooting as such.

how it looks to you and an un-informed member of the public are 2 completely different things. If its not shooting what would you call firing projectiles from a gun :confused:

Note the important word there CG.
    And I'm only modding the airsoft/paintball board until we select the permanent mods, and if I didn't, those threads would be in here.

Vegeta wrote:
    We don't know it goes a long way though, we may think it does but has there been statistical pooling I am unaware of.
    No. We're too small by far to have a rigorous study like that done. We've merely lots of talking with reporters and listening to comments made by spectators and noting what the few anti-firearms groups in the country target over the past decade or so.
    how it looks to you and an un-informed member of the public are 2 completely different things. If its not shooting what would you call firing projectiles from a gun :confused:
    Veg, if you think that what we do and what they do are the same thing, you must have a devil of a time telling the difference between rugby, soccer and GAA football...

Rew wrote:

Well the whole arguement is based around what someone with a gun in camo looks like.

Both airsoft and target shooting have guns. Airsoft pride themselves on how realistic they look and perform in a skirmish.

If you put your dedicated camo wearing hunter and dedicated airsoft player in front of Joe public i'd bet the airsoft player gets the worst look.

Their guns are heavy, metal and very realistic and to the untrained eye they would look lethal. They also wear very realistic comabt style clothing.

Rew wrote:

Quite alot.
    Minor fact that when you pull a trigger bullets come out one end.
    And that they look like REAL guns to the uninformed?Plus the fact up till last year they were liscensed as firearms here.
    Sauce for the goose and all that.
    To realistic Veg.I have seen some of these people wearing patches ontheir uniforms that they would NEVER earn in real life if they had to apply themselves in person to those units.They have no right to do such,and dishonour the unit IMO by doing so.

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote:

We have had first hand of it going the other way Veg. I refer to a disagreement over a range sight some of you may remember and a certain photo and subsequent reaction from local population. Wouldnt mind but the unfortunate subject in the photo wasnt up there shooting (where he wouldnt normally wear camo) but was working!

Airsoft when uesd for target shooting and practical shooting is shooting. Airsoft in a skirmish is not.Do you call it shooting when projectiles are fired at people?

Sparks wrote:
    No. We're too small by far to have a rigorous study like that done. We've merely lots of talking with reporters and listening to comments made by spectators and noting what the few anti-firearms groups in the country target over the past decade or so.

If the media and anti firearms groups had their way none of us would own more than .22 and 12ga so why listen to them about something like clothing?

Veg, if you think that what we do and what they do are the same thing, you must have a devil of a time telling the difference between rugby, soccer and GAA football...

I'm not the Joe Public we have been speaking about Sparks and you know it. Fully kitted out both airsoft and hunters look pretty sinister to the uninformed. Should this be a reason to ban eithers clothing. Hell no. I know their toys but i bet my mother wouldn't or the local bank clerk for that matter.

I cant beleive the only reason to ban the clothing is because of public opinion. Hunting and firearm ownership in generally is frowned upon yet we're not exactly lying down and handing them over now are we.

People keep saying its a small thing, not to me it isn't, what's next? Its the first step down a road I don't want to travel.

The fact these camo bans comes from within the shooting community is sad and disgusting. Way to stand together on topics that might not directly effect you. It'd be one thing if the government put bans on camo at ranges but it isn't even that.

Exactly CG, but right now, very few people know airsoft is around here. There's no organised NGB, no organised matches, few fields are hosting games, and there's been no notice taken in the press because they haven't gotten going yet. It's only in the last month or so that retailers have started stocking the airsoft toys.

Just wait for a slow news day after the first tabloid spots them - or is pointed to them by a member of the opposition who believes it might embarress the Minister to say that this is what his strict firearms laws allow.

Mind you, to see the Minister defending airsoft as a wonderful idea... that might be bloody useful to us....

Airsoft when uesd for target shooting and practical shooting is shooting. Airsoft in a skirmish is not.Do you call it shooting when projectiles are fired at people?

When its projectiles from a gun, I cal it shooting. If it was a bow i'd call it something else.

"Shooting is the act of causing a gun to fire at a target" that's from wikipedia. Airsoft use guns and they fire them at targets therefore yes it is shooting. Just like paintball is shooting

Vegeta wrote:
    If the media and anti firearms groups had their way none of us would own more than .22 and 12ga so why listen to them about something like clothing?
    If the anti-firearms groups had their way, we'd have no firearms, full stop.
    If the media had their way, we'd buy all their newspapers even when they were empty.

I think you're seeing an agenda in the entirety of the media where there isn't one. In individuals within the media, yes - but not the whole lot, any more than there's one agenda in the entire shooting community.

Fully kitted out both airsoft and hunters look pretty sinister to the uninformed. Should this be a reason to ban eithers clothing. Hell no. I know their toys but i bet my mother wouldn't or the local bank clerk for that matter.
    Yup, and that's going to be a major problem for them in the future.
    Do we want to bring that same problem down on our heads just to be obstinate?
    Just like we did with the CJB?
    I cant beleive the only reason to ban the clothing is because of public opinion.
    Can you outvote the 3 million or so on the electoral register by yourself?
    No?
    Then public opinion is somewhat more important than you're giving it credit for.
    Hunting and firearm ownership in generally is frowned upon yet we're not exactly lying down and handing them over now are we.
    Yeah. Yeah, that's going real well, that is...
    People keep saying its a small thing, not to me it isn't, what's next? Its the first step down a road I don't want to travel.
    Nor us. But if we can walk a step or so down the road and then shove the wheel over so it doesn't get the important stuff, it's worth it.
    The fact these camo bans comes from within the shooting community is sad and disgusting. Way to stand together on topics that might not directly effect you. It'd be one thing if the government put bans on camo at ranges but it isn't even that.
    That's a straw man if ever I saw one...

Sparks wrote:
    Can you outvote the 3 million or so on the electoral register by yourself?
    No?
    Then public opinion is somewhat more important than you're giving it credit for.

No I cant outvote the other 3 million, nor can all the shooting community combined, we probably never were or will be able, but yet we're still here. In fact we have more choice than ever, more clubs than ever.

Yeah. Yeah, that's going real well, that is...

I never said it was going well! I just said you are figthing for your corner. Is that something you deny?
    Nor us. But if we can walk a step or so down the road and then shove the wheel over so it doesn't get the important stuff, it's worth it.

My fear is who decides what's important. You have the same fear otherwise we wouldn't see arguements with the user posting under the username FLAG

Vegeta wrote:
    No I cant outvote the other 3 million, nor can all the shooting community combined, we probably never were or will be able, but yet we're still here. In fact we have more choice than ever, more clubs than ever.
    Actually, we're still down on where we were pre-72. Hell, we're down on where we were in the late 80s.
    I never said it was going well! I just said you are figthing for your corner. Is that something you deny?
    Of course not, but the fact that we have to fight speaks volumes!
    My fear is who decides what's important. You have the same fear otherwise we wouldn't see arguements with the user posting under the username FLAG
    Indeed. But here at least both sides get to put their views across to all. I may not think you're right, but I understand why you think as you do and even agree with most of it. The difference between you and me is down to whether we should be pragmatic or dogmatic when it comes to what we have and what we want, so far as I can tell.

Vegeta wrote:
    When its projectiles from a gun, I cal it shooting. If it was a bow i'd call it something else.

"Shooting is the act of causing a gun to fire at a target" that's from wikipedia. Airsoft use guns and they fire them at targets therefore yes it is shooting. Just like paintball is shooting

Correct "Shooting is the act of causing a gun to fire at a target" , but the "sport" of shooting does not involve firing at people. Also paintball do not refer the their equipment as guns but markers.

Sparks wrote:
    Actually, we're still down on where we were pre-72. Hell, we're down on where we were in the late 80s.

Of course not, but the fact that we have to fight speaks volumes!

Indeed. But here at least both sides get to put their views across to all. I may not think you're right, but I understand why you think as you do and even agree with most of it. The difference between you and me is down to whether we should be pragmatic or dogmatic when it comes to what we have and what we want, so far as I can tell.

Spot on, again I am not completely daft and sit in a bunker plotting to get the range owners back "cos they banned ma camo gear"

I will play ball and wear normal clothes to the range and I can see the otherside of the arguement. I just don't think it will work.

In fact there's an honest question. Will the banning of camo at ranges make the image of camo better or worse?

Correct "Shooting is the act of causing a gun to fire at a target" , but the "sport" of shooting does not involve firing at people. Also paintball do not refer the their equipment as guns but markers.

semantics aside they still look armed to the teeth.

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote:
    semantics aside they still look armed to the teeth.

I don't think the paintballers have ever had too much trouble that way. It's become a favorite corporate outing and stag venue in recent years and frankly the markers now look less and less like firearms and more like fancy compressor attachments.

The airsoft enthusiasts sadly have it all ahead of them:(

I don't think the paintballers have ever had too much trouble that way. It's become a favorite corporate outing and stag venue in recent years and frankly the markers now look less and less like firearms and more like fancy compressor attachments.

The airsoft enthusiasts sadly have it all ahead of them:(

Oh yes,they had a REALLY BAD image back in the 80s here and in the UK.Reason it never took off here in that time period too.I played a good few matches in the UK and cammo was the norm,as was military vechicles,tactics, the whole show.It got slated after Hungerford,as it was at the time associated with the survivalist movement,and it was claimed and later proved false that Ryan was an avid paintballer.
    It only got to be accepted after it was "califorinised" where the surfer dudes&Co started wearing garish colors,etc.Which started to attract the corporate heads and all the rest.Now it is a "adventure sport",with a yuppie feel to things:(

Now on to one point about all this.
    WHAT DO the general public actually think of us??I know we have a preconcived notion that they are all out to get us,and that the vocal oral minority of antis make more noise than they actually repersent.In all fairness I have not heard of them come out and say ban guns,more take side swipes at shooting,when it suits them.One of the more vocal ones I talked to ,wanted them to be available to all for self defence.:eek: But is there an actual group here like GCN or whatever vocally making noise to actually ban firearms?At least I have never heard of one.Apart from the oddball politico trying to improve their local votes,and a odd nonentity smartarse journalist looking to sell ink on paper,or overweight know all Disc jockeys on RTE,I dont think the gun grabbers are here in force yet.
    So is Joe&Jane Sixpack going to know any different about the finer nuances of dress ettiquette in the shooting faternatiy???
    I reckon the first thing they will be intrested on the range is the guns,and a mixture of fear,anticipation,exitement and caution on using such a leathl device,rather worrying about the dude and dudess kitted out in a cammo pants and tanktop or whatever.
    So maybe we really got to know what we are thought of first by the others out there ,then worry about our looks maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Personally I would not agree with a Ban but I have no problem
    dressing any way at all going to a range. Its quite a trivial thing
    for someone to "get over" if it means less hassle when it comes
    to the enjoyment of shooting. I would be more keen to see ranges
    make suggetions to new members that full camo or war gear
    is not needed to have a fun day shooting.

The people that dress up in full gear while they may appear foolish
    at the range I can sort of (in a bizzare weird way) see maybe why they do it.
    Look at all the time people play computer game first person shooters.
    Look as their evolution they are getting more and more realistic all the time,
    The more real and lifelike the gaming experiance is the better for poeple.
    They pretend to be a SWAT member or Soldier or a one man army.
    Operation Flashpoint is a game that is an example where the graphics looked pretty good and realistic. The more real or the closer the players can simulate
    what it "could be like" to fire the guns or use tactics the better enjoyment
    the player gets out of the game.

paintballing and even target shooting brings one more element
    of realism into play for them when they venture out to the range
    to try shooting for real they probably get a bit over exicted
    and kit themselves out like they would have in the game to maybe
    further their fantasy.

Most of the people I have talked to dont really worry about the
    way people are dressed. Camo/militery its all the same to them.
    They tend to focus on the fact that you may
    have access to or own a gun and they see that as somehow dangerous
    bad/evil or otherwise negative.

From talking to people in work quite a lot have said if they had the choice
    the would deprive me of the pleasure of owning a gun and being allowed to
    shoot it. Because they see it as some sort of dangerous pastime.

What annoys me is that when you try explain to people that
    there are probably more injurys caused by playing football or rugby
    or skateing and other sports they still dont see shooting as a safe sport/hobby. eg whens the last time you have heard of someone getting
    injured while target shooting ?

People Jump out of a plane sky diving with nothing but a bit of
    cloth to stop them from getting killed on the way down and yet joe soap
    public is fine with that.

This is compounded by poeple have no problem with
    Archery with big arrows flying through the air, no problem with fencing with swords which is a full contact martial art, no problem with
    paintballing, no problem with people boxing where they beat 7 shades of crap
    out of each other. Jumping out of a plane or hitting poeple over and over
    again in the face sounds a lot more dangerous to me than fireing some
    rounds into a paper target!
    (sorry for such a long post)

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭coffeepot

Clare Gunner seems to think that I am saying that banning military clothing from target shooting ranges will ensure that we get to keep full bore rifles and pistols etc. This is not what I am saying at all it is just his spin on it! I am saying that wearing military type clothing on a target shooting range can give a negative first impression of our spot to Joe or Jane public. By not wearing military type clothing when target shooting on a range we are helping to show that target shooting is a sport, not just an excuse to have a trophy gun (yes some people see it as this!). This is of course just one of many things we can do to help promote a positive image of shooting. I am not suggesting that banning military clothing on ranges will definitely safeguard our sport as Clare Gunner has implied! It is simply one of many things that may assist us in keeping what we have. Other things include things that most/all of us are doing already like:

1) Taking security seriously.
    2) Following proper safety procedures.
    3) Transporting firearms in a responsible manner.

Etc. etc……

Still, sadly there are no garantees that we will be ok.

Let me be quit clear on this, I have NO PROBLEM with someone wearing military clothing (camo. gear etc.) for hunting.

I am involved with target shooting with real guns that use live ammunition, what people do with toy guns does not interest me (airsoft etc.)

I would like that when the public see people shooting on a range with REAL guns and LIVE ammunition that they see that we are responsible safe people. Image is everything! First impressions last, this might not be something we like but it is a fact!

Clare Gunner’s remark that airsoft guns have killed people and blank firing guns have killed people is irrelevant. I am confident that I could find more lethal potential weapons for sale in Habitat!

As for the reanactor people, they are nothing to do with me because they are not using REAL guns to shoot LIVE ammunition at targets on a RANGE!

I don’t think that all people wearing military clothing are thugs; I simply said that they can give a “thuggish image” to our sport.

I still can not see the advantage of being dressed from head to toe like a solider can be to a civilian shooting at paper targets on a range is. The excuses for this are really quite sad! They have ranged from implying that you can be a safer shooter to if it wasn’t military clothing it would be Day-Glo, to how could we possibly afford anything else! Oh and lets not forget sure “I might be hunting that day” even though you live in Donnybrook, you only have a pistol, you have no land to shoot on and you are wearing a desert camo, and what the hell are the dog tags for! Get a life!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭flight93

Personally I wear a Lowe Alipe windstopper black jacket, it cost me €90. I can’t say that it makes me look cool or shoot straighter, but it is very warm and comfortable on the range. I can’t see how wearing combat/military clothing can be of any advantage for target shooting. I am concerned about people making target shooting “more realistic” or trying to “simulate” situations in the way Bullets is talking about by dressing up. I think that this is the type of thing that alarms Joe and Jane Public. They may feel that people may get a little carried away.

I feel that wearing this type of clothing when target shooting does us no favours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

You opened this thread with the following statement:
    COFEEPOT wrote:
    I think that all military type clothing should be banned in target shooting clubs. It gives a very thuggish image to target shooting as a sport
    Then you qualified it with the following:
    coffeepot wrote:
    I don’t think that all people wearing military clothing are thugs; I simply said that they can give a “thuggish image” to our sport.

You are clearly saying that people who wear military clothing look like thugs and should not be allowed to practise their sport on shooting ranges.Most of the subsequent debate has revolved about two points:
    1. Whether such clothing can be justified by any argument other than "I like cammo and like to wear it".
    2. Whether cammo clothing gives a bad impression or not to the casual spectator.
    Taking a leaf from your book, the club I am in has already banned the wearing of any chips on either shoulder as being possibly detrimental to the image of our sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Lads, I did'nt have time to read all the above posts. Will do so tomorrow. But if half the effort of this was directed towards the restricted firearms thread we would be getting somewhere! Seriously, all we need is a bit of cop on and moderation. What if camo/mil clothing was banned on a Range, but I decided to use the Large bag I got from the RDF as it is versatile. Would I be asked to leave the range? Or if I wore a T-Shirt with a dark green colour? This is being blown WAY out of porportion because a few moaning marys might see shooters as a bunch of mil whackos over some camo.

Like I said a bit of moderation and cop on from all sides would be better then loads of rules taking all the fun out of shooting.

coffeepot wrote:
    Clare Gunner seems to think that I am saying that banning military clothing from target shooting ranges will ensure that we get to keep full bore rifles and pistols etc. This is not what I am saying at all it is just his spin on it!

Ever hear of scarcasm????:rolleyes:
    I am saying that wearing military type clothing on a target shooting range can give a negative first impression of our spot to Joe or Jane public. By not wearing military type clothing when target shooting on a range we are helping to show that target shooting is a sport, not just an excuse to have a trophy gun (yes some people see it as this!). This is of course just one of many things we can do to help promote a positive image of shooting. I am not suggesting that banning military clothing on ranges will definitely safeguard our sport as Clare Gunner has implied!

Scarcasm lost here!:rolleyes:
    It is simply one of many things that may assist us in keeping what we have. Other things include things that most/all of us are doing already like
    1) Taking security seriously.
    2) Following proper safety procedures.
    3) Transporting firearms in a responsible manner.

Etc. etc……
    Which would be more productive in the long run,along with pointing out to all and sundry that there is little to no correlation between somone wearing somthing and their mental health or hobby.
    Still, sadly there are no garantees that we will be ok.

No grauntees in this life at all.
    Let me be quit clear on this, I have NO PROBLEM with someone wearing military clothing (camo. gear etc.) for hunting.

Point made numerous times and duly noted!
    I am involved with target shooting with real guns that use live ammunition, what people do with toy guns does not interest me (airsoft etc.)
    You should be because they are the ones who will bring the most controversy
    to the shooting sports here.Remember until recently airsoft were firearms!Do you honestly think THAT pertinent bit of info will not be mentioned in the first scandal article???Airsoft will be lumped in as guns for shockand horror value.

I would like that when the public see people shooting on a range with REAL guns and LIVE ammunition that they see that we are responsible safe people. Image is everything! First impressions last, this might not be something we like but it is a fact!

Which I am sure they will be doing Day Glo or Cammo.I doubt the Cammo crowd is going"Fire for effect!Charlie at 2 O Clock in the Wire!!!YeeeHAH,blast them Gooks!!"And are blazing away willy nilly at all and sundry.
    Clare Gunner’s remark that airsoft guns have killed people and blank firing guns have killed people is irrelevant. I am confident that I could find more lethal potential weapons for sale in Habitat!

What are you on????The fact that you would say somthing like that would make me question your saftey standards to posses a real firearm!!!Seriously!!!!:mad:
    So it is irrevelant to you that a "toy" [in your opinion] has killed people thru their own blatant stupidity admittedly is irrevelant??A gun wether it is a toy airsoft or a blank firer or a 20mm vulcan gun,deserves respect in the fact it discharges a piece of metal/plastic and/or hot gases at high speed is dangerous and deserves as much respect as a real gun.Plus there has been an accident where police officers have used softair guns for training,got them mixed up with the real thing,and shot their colleuges.Bet they dont take airsoft guns at face value anymore.NEVER treat any firearm,toy or blankfirer with contempt,sooner or later that attitude will turn and bite you HARD!!!:(
    As for the reanactor people, they are nothing to do with me because they are not using REAL guns to shoot LIVE ammunition at targets on a RANGE!

You obviously did not read my post about Union/Confederate reenactors cowboy action shooting or chose to ignore it.So I suppose black powder rifles,winchester 1897 shotguns,Colt 45 peacemakers,etc are not REAL firearms??? And they are not on ranges???Righhtt.
    And they have plenty to do with you,because that self same selfish attitude got everyone into a fine mess in the UK post Dunblane.It's called world FK you,I'm all right Jack!
    Oh us pistol target shooters dont want anything to do with those ghastly parctical pistol ,or big calibre types,sell them out and our nice single shot target pistols and our clean image of Olympic and Commonwealth games will stand us in good stead.REALITY they survived ONE MONTH!!! and their stuff was banned as well.The UK pistol team is now practising in Switzerland.
    Appasement does not work!!!

And people dressed like the current street fashion of track suits and baseball cap isnt??? The current thugs dress somwhat simmilar to target shooters.Baseball caps,shell suits,expensive trainers/boots.All in Dayglo as well.So who is nowadays going to be mistaken as a hoodlum?
    I still can not see the advantage of being dressed from head to toe like a solider can be to a civilian shooting at paper targets on a range is. The excuses for this are really quite sad! They have ranged from implying that you can be a safer shooter to if it wasn’t military clothing it would be Day-Glo, to how could we possibly afford anything else!

There isnt!Maybe they just feel more comfortable in it?
    Oh and lets not forget sure “I might be hunting that day” even though you live in Donnybrook, you only have a pistol, you have no land to shoot on and you are wearing a desert camo, and what the hell are the dog tags for! Get a lifeQUOTE]

Isnt that being pretty assumptive on your part???So if they live in Donnybrook,maybe they might be able to drive somwhere to a place they have shooting rights to?????Do you know for a fact that they have no land?Have they told you they only own a pistol?
    Desert cammo isnt much help admittadly here,but then again going by your arguement arent they properly dressed for hunting then???
    Er last time I looked dog tags are street fashion as well.

Again I have to ask have you really talked to these people???I hate to say this as I dont know you,but going by your posts and your seemingly pathological hatred of anything in cammo or military related.I reckon everyone is taking the piss out of you thinking.Here comes,Mr Prigg sneering and looking down his nose at us wearing cammo,for whatever reason.So we will wear more kit to piss him and the other dayglo Priggs off even more!

Maybe you have to chill out abit on this issue,and concentrate on going shooting more,:) and worry less what "others"think of us.They will either love or hate it on the day on the range and not be worrying about what people are wearing.

Oh us pistol target shooters dont want anything to do with those ghastly parctical pistol ,or big calibre types,sell them out and our nice single shot target pistols and our clean image of Olympic and Commonwealth games will stand us in good stead.REALITY they survived ONE MONTH!!! and their stuff was banned as well.
    That's not what happened CG, if you're going to call a large group of the community traitors, at least get the historical facts right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Guys and Gals ,

These are mainly very well argued points but,
    Let me remind you that the biggest danger to the various branches
    of our shooting sport lies in the proposed drafts to the firearms legislation.

Wearing a three piece suit and a dicky bow won't take the humble 10-22
    off the restricted list.

The proposed official endorsement of the "Idontlikethelookodat" policy refers to our firearms ....not our clothing !

Advertisement